What's new

You guys really gonna let MK pass?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I will not stop playing MK9 until MK10 comes out.

However, the only thing that interests me about Injustice is that Scorpion is in it, and if the leaks are to be believed, so is Sub-Zero later on. I think superheroes are lame as fuck and also think Injustice didn't do enough differently from MK9 in the first place. I might as well just stick to MK9 and other fighting games. Also, Injustice's showing at Evo sucked.

I'm not going play a game just because NRS made it. That's what a blind fanboy does and I am not that.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'll say it again. DJT won MK and got 2nd in Injustice at EVO.

The excuse of "I can't handle playing both" isn't valid
What are you talking about?! Of course it is lol; not everyone is talented enough to be able to switch mentalities from one game to another and still play at the highest level.

What djt did at Evo is beyond incredible! The fact that he got second and not first in injustice is probably why people are not talking about how he is one of the best people to grace the fgc. Imagine what would have had happened had he got first in both!

Anyone who's ever even made top 8 in more than one game at a major deserves huge props; Chris g, djt, balrog, reo, pl, waffles. This is a list of the true elite. Not everyone can just switch from mk to injustice on the fly man.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I just recently got into the local scene where I live after I went to CEO. The IGAU numbers in my area as far as locals are already dwindling and it annoys me. Apparently MK use to be a thing before I came along. What kills me about it is that most of the guys that I've met seem to aknowledge both games and like them. But they get the impression that they're not hip or cool or hype or whatever you want to label it. Personally I figure If you like a game...play it. But IMO they are somewhat victims of "group think," so they dropped it. I often wonder if that phenomnia has spread other places and stopped MK or whatever other game people enjoy. It's lame but appears to be reality.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
It's hard for me to keep playing when I have no offline scene, and no one really plays online anymore and the ones that do either just get their one win and leave or they don't play too long cause they're winning so much or cause they're losing so much.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I just wanted to add that I'm teaching a boatload of Korean players how to play MK9 on PC. Only one guy sort of speaks English, and he's telling all the other Korean players what I tell him about the game. If it's not him, I'm teaching the other players through broken Google translators.

They're not all that great right now, but they sure as hell are fast learners and really like the game so far. You're welcome for me expanding the scene. With that said, stop talking all this bullshit about MK9 dying. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I will not stop playing MK9 until MK10 comes out.

However, the only thing that interests me about Injustice is that Scorpion is in it, and if the leaks are to be believed, so is Sub-Zero later on. I think superheroes are lame as fuck and also think Injustice didn't do enough differently from MK9 in the first place. I might as well just stick to MK9 and other fighting games. Also, Injustice's showing at Evo sucked.

I'm not going play a game just because NRS made it. That's what a blind fanboy does and I am not that.
dude, your post is actually what i'm thinking :eek:, except 1 thing: i love Injustice too, a good game.
shit, i wish i could be in America :(.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
I just wanted to add that I'm teaching a boatload of Korean players how to play MK9 on PC. Only one guy sort of speaks English, and he's telling all the other Korean players what I tell him about the game. If it's not him, I'm teaching the other players through broken Google translators.

They're not all that great right now, but they sure as hell are fast learners and really like the game so far. You're welcome for me expanding the scene. With that said, stop talking all this bullshit about MK9 dying. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Maybe a MK9 tournament: USA vs. Korea :eek: :D.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
Only time I play MK9 is at tournaments or casuals with people who are actually good at the game. Mk is one of my favorite series and I'm not gonna leave it hanging. It is the least I can do.

Not gonna bother playing it anymore on my own time or online ever since i'm focused on others fighters than Injustice (Persona and Blazblue).

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Only time I play MK9 is at tournaments or casuals with people who are actually good at the game.

Not gonna bother playing it anymore on my own time or online ever since i'm focused on others fighters than Injustice (Persona and Blazblue).
Aye, whats Persona like? I hear all sorts of opinions but the game looks so fast paced and fun :eek:
I heard its just another button masher .__.

tataki

Noob
Things that kill MK9:
1. Most of it is explored which equals "not as exciting as it used to be"
2. NRS can't patch it anymore. When the developers move on, the players move on as well.
3. When you get back to it, you get back too all the shit you hated in it. Losing due to input bug in casuals is whatever, but losing due to input bug in a tournament feels horrible.
4. You may not get a PhD in Injustice but it should keep you busy until MK10.

I heard its just another button masher .__.
Define "button masher" and give examples of fighting games that are "button mashers".

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I understand that some of you dont like IGAU, but dont fucking bad mouth it and say, "MK9 IS DA BEST EVA!!!". That shit is completely counter productive to the longevity of both games.

My god, support one another despite how you feel about the games. You dont have to play the games, but dont segregate the NRS community.

What are you talking about?! Of course it is lol; not everyone is talented enough to be able to switch mentalities from one game to another and still play at the highest level.

What djt did at Evo is beyond incredible! The fact that he got second and not first in injustice is probably why people are not talking about how he is one of the best people to grace the fgc. Imagine what would have had happened had he got first in both!

Anyone who's ever even made top 8 in more than one game at a major deserves huge props; Chris g, djt, balrog, reo, pl, waffles. This is a list of the true elite. Not everyone can just switch from mk to injustice on the fly man.

EVO was such a clusterfuck this year though. Half the systems weren't patched. PS3 Button config bug everywhere. Most of the top 8 qualified through cruise control brackets. Ps3 slowdowns on a lot of system cause EVO decided to use the oldest model ps3's to run the tournament.
No headsets at stations like in 2012. MK didn't get main stage love and they made it finish on the first day. The pot split was stupid 36% to first so the winner only got 715 dollars instead of at least a thousand. INJ should've been 3/5 because the top 8 was way too short and barely lasted more than 30 minutes.

It felt more like a fighting game convention for it to be the world championship. I hope next year is better.

CRUM

Noob
All you do is troll. When do you ever speak about anything productive? How about you contribute to the community instead of provoking members including myself.
Lol, you're salty because you and Jr were talking about how you guys are moving on from MK at VxG? Which is exactly what this topic is about? Okay PL.