What's new

You guys really gonna let MK pass?

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
we should make a petition, MK9 should be in EVO next year, also it should be get main stage and shouldn't be finished on 1st day like this year. This game needs more love.

CRUM

Noob
On topic, I've said it since Injustice released, I enjoy both games equally. They both have their problems, but MK was the first fighting game that caught my attention. I've convinced Game Undergroud (a local arcade) to continue running MK tourneys even for just a 5 dollar entry because a lot of us still enjoy the game very much. I'm sure my words won't convince anyone to keep running MK as a primary game at majors, but it MK is being run, I'd enter without a doubt.

we should make a petition, MK9 should be in EVO next year, also it should be get main stage and shouldn't be finished on 1st day like this year. This game needs more love.
Lbsh, that probably won't happen. I'll honestly be surprised if its there at all. At the very least though, I think it will at least be a side game at all the tournaments until mk10 is out.

It seems that people would rather play a game that is mostly functional yet mundane than a game that is fun, yet riddled with bugs/glitches and locked into about 7 or 8 characters. It's sad but I don't honestly don't see anything wrong with that. Blame NRS

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
EVO was such a clusterfuck this year though. Half the systems weren't patched. PS3 Button config bug everywhere. Most of the top 8 qualified through cruise control brackets. Ps3 slowdowns on a lot of system cause EVO decided to use the oldest model ps3's to run the tournament.
No headsets at stations like in 2012. MK didn't get main stage love and they made it finish on the first day. The pot split was stupid 36% to first so the winner only got 715 dollars instead of at least a thousand. INJ should've been 3/5 because the top 8 was way too short and barely lasted more than 30 minutes.

It felt more like a fighting game convention for it to be the world championship. I hope next year is better.
That stuff is pretty nutty; stay vocal about this kind of stuff imo so it changes. It's easy to check and see if a system is patched (at least on ps3 - dont own an xbox).

As a non-Evo attendant this year I've only heard about one or two systems not being patched; I think it's safe to say the other issues are not as widely known within the community.

i can't understand how people that played mk9 can turn their backs on it...u have a great game,with exceptional story mode,great depth in gameplay,characters that can fit to everyone,brutal x-rays and fatalities and great graphics and sound...and in top of that,mk9 is an "adult" game...i can't even think myself play tekken or street fighter again...not after the mk9 experience...its too childish for me...i know some people get bored with it,but injustice(!)?ok now that batman can beat superman with some punches,i will go cut some trees using my pencil...and again,really?batman and superman?u have mk9 with a great cast and from there u go to superheroes...ok...maybe i am the "strange one" here but i play mk9 from the start and i will keep playing it at least till the mk10 or umk9 is released,all the rest can let this game "die",and write things like "rip mk9"...

Minh Giang

i can't understand how people that played mk9 can turn their backs on it...u have a great game,with exceptional story mode,great depth in gameplay,characters that can fit to everyone,brutal x-rays and fatalities and great graphics and sound...and in top of that,mk9 is an "adult" game...i can't even think myself play tekken or street fighter again...not after the mk9 experience...its too childish for me...i know some people get bored with it,but injustice(!)?ok now that batman can beat superman with some punches,i will go cut some trees using my pencil...and again,really?batman and superman?u have mk9 with a great cast and from there u go to superheroes...ok...maybe i am the "strange one" here but i play mk9 from the start and i will keep playing it at least till the mk10 or umk9 is released,all the rest can let this game "die",and write things like "rip mk9"...
competitive players and people who play to win don't care about fatalities, gore,... lol

The game is dead. Get over it.
i can't...now go play with superman...

competitive players and people who play to win don't care about fatalities, gore,... lol
fatalities and gore gives the game an other colour...trolling your opponent with a fatality or an x-ray,or even a baby doesn't make u a better player but can make the game more amusing :)
P.S. I said this just as an amusement part of the game...

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
I personally don't play Injustice anymore because my heart isn't in it. I still play the shit out of MK9 though, I just love Mortal Kombat.
A patch would be good for MK9 but to be honest I don't mind it the way it is. Kabal is one of my fav kharacters so thats why I use him... plus hes really fun to use... stimulating if you will. *schwoo schwoo schwoo* XD If he was banned that would lead to Cyrax and Kenshi being top..... so they would be banned lol To be honest id still play the shit out of it and use Kabal in kasuals. Games is a monster and ill always support it :)

All the best,
OBS

Minh Giang

i can't...now go play with superman...

fatalities and gore gives the game an other colour...trolling your opponent with a fatality or an x-ray,or even a baby doesn't make u a better player but can make the game more amusing :)
P.S. I said this just as an amusement part of the game...
like i said, they don't cares about that lol, it's for casual players, and i believe casual players still play this game, "mk is dead" is about the tournaments, competitive players,...

like i said, they don't cares about that lol, it's for casual players, and i believe casual players still play this game, "mk is dead" is about the tournaments, competitive players,...

i think i answered about this,i just made a reference about a game feature...and about tournaments and competitive players i still don't think mk9 is dead...nevertheless,that's my opinion...agree or disagree with me doesn't change anything...

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
It's boring watching people only use high tier characters on stream. Yo unless there's a kano vs baraka match at evo, it ain't worth watching kabal cyrax kung lao

there needs to be a roundtable discussion at NEC. rally up all of those who are interested in keeping MK9 alive and figure up what they can do to keep this awesome series alive. yay or nay?

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
My heart was broken when my good friend and loyal MK buddy 1man3letters told me that the tournament runners for Ireland stopped MK9 to run Injustice instead. I stopped travelling down because I couldn't keep up spending the money to travel down if "my" game was replaced with another. If both where run I would've definitely entered Injustice no questions asked.... but travelling down just for Injustice..... wheres the justice in that for an MK diehard? I hope Injustice kontinues to do well but I need my Kombat, my kharacters, my environment..... my block button lol LaR Nutrient @Kurotao @BrianVonDoom :'(

All the best,
OBS

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Injustice introduced me to the fighting game community, and the NRS community.

I really enjoyed watching mk9 at EVO and I was sure that I would be picking it up.

And then I was told about p1 advantage.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

I really enjoyed watching mk9 at EVO and I was sure that I would be picking it up.

I bet they forgot to tell you about the input bug...which is more frustrating...

It's boring watching people only use high tier characters on stream. Yo unless there's a kano vs baraka match at evo, it ain't worth watching kabal cyrax kung lao

i don't think that is a game out there that all the cast has same potential...so i don't care about this...plus that these three are in my top five(maybe) favorite chars...but above all,these players need great skill to play them and that's the point for me...great skill must be rewarded...
And in greece two of the top players,use quan chi(hidan) and ermac(metzos)...not exactly top tier...

there needs to be a roundtable discussion at NEC. rally up all of those who are interested in keeping MK9 alive and figure up what they can do to keep this awesome series alive. yay or nay?

yay?:p

also, STREAM THAT SHIT

i totally agree...

that's one in a million?or less...i never had this experience till now...lets see ine the future...

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Iv never noticed P1 advantage except online..... 1 frame only on certain moves if I remember korrectly.
Input bug was rare but yes it was annoying.... honestly kouldn't kare less though.... as long as I get to play my game and im having fun... thats what its all about. Thats just my two cence.

All the best,
OBS