What's new

Match Footage - Killer YOMI Tyrant (Killer Leatherface) vs Guamo (Cyber Sub-Zero)

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Both you are so funny when we have characters that are safe meterless after 50/50s Erron Black and like Mr Killer over here, that not only can cancel 50/50s into other 50/50s and he even has an unblockable in the mix, that unblockable might not be the safest thing in the world but it will still catch many ppl... Im not even saying Ice ball shouldnt be - on block, im saying it should be a little less punishable or atleast we should be able to meter burn it to be safe like many other characters can do.. thats all im saying. K cat.
You cant just look at one tool a character has and go 'if x character has this, why doesn't y?'. You have to look at their kits as a whole. Cyber sub has much better control over the entire screen at all times in comparison to the two characters you mentioned. Also what are these Killer 50/50s you speak of that he can cancel into other 50/50s? I think you're exaggerating a bit here.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol Well i just did, like 5 mins ago this same MU against a local guy tornament player i know and this is what i experienced and concluded... Killer is ridiculous, like broken Ridiculous in my opinion... for a character like this to have this kind of speed/range/frames and damage is complitely stupid... another thing, aside from Sektor (which i have no clue why he is the exception) the Triborg has the worst Down pokes in the game, literally he has no range, horrible frames and most of the cast outranges him in a D1 D3 department... and the last thing unlike Smoke that "cant" be punished after his Smoke bomb, we are complitely punishable after Ice Ball... meaning iv by anychance we try to mix up into Ice ball for combo starter and we get blocked, we can get punished every single time....

PS: all variations of triborg need to have Sektors D3 range, still dunno why thats not a thing, and Ice ball needs to be a little less punishable considering we dont have a single special that is safe on block
Jacqui with her tiny trex limbs says hi.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
You cant just look at one tool a character has and go 'if x character has this, why doesn't y?'. You have to look at their kits as a whole. Cyber sub has much better control over the entire screen at all times in comparison to the two characters you mentioned. Also what are these Killer 50/50s you speak of that he can cancel into other 50/50s? I think you're exaggerating a bit here.
This x10000.

Noob
What difference does it make if it's less punishable? If it's punishable it should be easily and consistently full combo punishable or be completely safe, which do you want? It should be punished every single time for 30% or more, there should be no chance of me4.
First of all you need to drop it a notch and calm down yeah? your way to rilled up for my taste thsi is a forum for discussion of opinions and i am not your friend for u to talk like that so please be respectfull and have a respectfull argument with me yeah... First and fore most Erron Black (Marksman) can Dash cancel his 50/50 pressure and hit confirm into a combo and only spend a bar if he chooses, he can be safe after his 50/50 pressure with dash cancels so right there you saying you dont even know anything about Erron Black is about right... Just liek D Vorah and LeatherFace Killer can do the same thing.... Second Just cause something is negative doesnt automaticly mean its unsafe there are plenty of characters with specials that are negative but with a ton of push back that makes them "safe" on most ocasions...

By your reasoning then every special move that is a combo starter that is not meter Burned should be atleast -50 on block because why not right? if its punishable it should be always easily punishable... And yes this game is all about reacting fast to what happens, you should totally be punished for missing a 3 frame window while trying to punish your opponent, thats the game saying you have a small change of punishing your opponent, if you miss it then its on you, not your opponent...Since you dont understand why he should be less punishable ill explain just so you dont say im full of shit... With Cysub a character that has probably the worse Down pokes in the game , and has no means of staying safe with any of his special moves even if meterburned or drone buffed he needs to be able to apply combo pressure without being punished every single time he tries and thats by making Ice ball a little less punishable, it will make it harder for his opponents to full combo punish him or have to spend bar to properly combo him... Sub Zero is very similar to Cysub and even he has Ex Ice ball that is safe on block, but Cysub doesnt have a single safe special...

Your complitely Right... One does have to look at the entire kit. But most characters do have a means of staying safe by Burning meter, its the full premise of this game on most characters that if you spend bar, you have the right to be safe, then why does Cysub have no option like this? like i said on my reply above, Cy Sub has subpar poking game, which is a grip i have with him, but its a personal one, Still one could argue that since he has an asortment of long range pokes many other characters have no where near, its their way of balancing out the character... But the character needs to be on your face to do damage, because as is his damage is also sub par unless you can mix up your opponent in the corner, thats why his combos are amazing at corner carry, because thats where he wants to be... Now it makes no sense that his always punishable while trying to do which is his strong point...

Goat-City

Banned
First of all you need to drop it a notch and calm down yeah? your way to rilled up for my taste thsi is a forum for discussion of opinions and i am not your friend for u to talk like that so please be respectfull and have a respectfull argument with me yeah... First and fore most Erron Black (Marksman) can Dash cancel his 50/50 pressure and hit confirm into a combo and only spend a bar if he chooses, he can be safe after his 50/50 pressure with dash cancels so right there you saying you dont even know anything about Erron Black is about right... Just liek D Vorah and LeatherFace Killer can do the same thing.... Second Just cause something is negative doesnt automaticly mean its unsafe there are plenty of characters with specials that are negative but with a ton of push back that makes them "safe" on most ocasions...

By your reasoning then every special move that is a combo starter that is not meter Burned should be atleast -50 on block because why not right? if its punishable it should be always easily punishable... And yes this game is all about reacting fast to what happens, you should totally be punished for missing a 3 frame window while trying to punish your opponent, thats the game saying you have a small change of punishing your opponent, if you miss it then its on you, not your opponent...Since you dont understand why he should be less punishable ill explain just so you dont say im full of shit... With Cysub a character that has probably the worse Down pokes in the game , and has no means of staying safe with any of his special moves even if meterburned or drone buffed he needs to be able to apply combo pressure without being punished every single time he tries and thats by making Ice ball a little less punishable, it will make it harder for his opponents to full combo punish him or have to spend bar to properly combo him... Sub Zero is very similar to Cysub and even he has Ex Ice ball that is safe on block, but Cysub doesnt have a single safe special...

Your complitely Right... One does have to look at the entire kit. But most characters do have a means of staying safe by Burning meter, its the full premise of this game on most characters that if you spend bar, you have the right to be safe, then why does Cysub have no option like this? like i said on my reply above, Cy Sub has subpar poking game, which is a grip i have with him, but its a personal one, Still one could argue that since he has an asortment of long range pokes many other characters have no where near, its their way of balancing out the character... But the character needs to be on your face to do damage, because as is his damage is also sub par unless you can mix up your opponent in the corner, thats why his combos are amazing at corner carry, because thats where he wants to be... Now it makes no sense that his always punishable while trying to do which is his strong point...
Why do you type like you have a brain tumor? Not wasting my time on this nonsense, you win, safe meterless launching 50/50s for all S tier characters pls. <3 MKX

Tweedy

Noob
Leatherface is crazy good, but somehow all I see is "acidic help please" threads all over the place lol. This is just killer LF, wait until u see butcher :coffee:
Huh?

I've extensively labbed Killer/Butcher. Why do you think Butcher is better? Imo Killer's probably a bit better.

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
Both you are so funny when we have characters that are safe meterless after 50/50s Erron Black and like Mr Killer over here, that not only can cancel 50/50s into other 50/50s and he even has an unblockable in the mix
What safe 50/50 cancels does Killer have?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
WHAT HAS BECOME OF THIS THREAD.

Also ice ball is amazing. I wouldn't mind if they even made it like -15 instead. It's so fast lol.

That move should never hit point blank and if you can confirm CSZ strings then git gud.

To discuss the MU tho I think that leatherface's forward movement during his attack animations should be looked at the most when considering divekicks and bomb placement so that if he lands an attack well trade off the ice bomb and convert for 20%+