What's new

YOMI PRESENTS OUR PRE EVO MKX TIER LIST (RV2.0)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Blood God Kotal is borderline unusable.

Also Deceptive Reptile, not unusable but pretty useless. Dualist also has a lot of bugs and issues...
"borderline" is how you could describe all of those.

Pain n gain is literally the worst move in the entire game. 71 frames of start-up and recovery, costs you 5% of your health to get a buff that you can't even use most of the time, and the buff amount isn't worth it until you stack it 3 deep, all the while most enemies can pressure you so you can't get anything out of it.

Is there any other variation in the game that is exactly as useful as simply going without a variation? F/T has 3 variations, yeah, Lackey, Vicious, and Barebones.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Just an FYI for everyone, you can DM us on twitter for questions about our list. We dnt go on tym that often but we are always on twitter typically.
What is the reason for this?

It looks like twitter became the "cool girls" gathering spot and instead of discussing and explaining your tier list that you posted on TYM on TYM we need to reach you on some other site resulting in a communicative clusterfuck? You know nobody's going to do that.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
"borderline" is how you could describe all of those.

Pain n gain is literally the worst move in the entire game. 71 frames of start-up and recovery, costs you 5% of your health to get a buff that you can't even use most of the time, and the buff amount isn't worth it until you stack it 3 deep, all the while most enemies can pressure you so you can't get anything out of it.

Is there any other variation in the game that is exactly as useful as simply going without a variation? F/T has 3 variations, yeah, Lackey, Vicious, and Barebones.
I'd take PNG over blood offering any day.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
b1~ex tonfa. Forces them to block high because the overhead and it kind of jails them into blocking high, which usually jails into the second hit of ex tonfa. You can add me to the PM if you want to discuss the ins and outs of it.
I tried that but it was still inconsistent on some characters. I will test it again when I can.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
blood offering isn't the trademark of any one variation, though. Its universal.
Also its universally better than PNG
I didn't argue whether it was or not, just saying that blood offering is useless compared to PNG. With Kotal's tools he could actually make very good use of PNG in 1-2 variations.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I didn't argue whether it was or not, just saying that blood offering is useless compared to PNG. With Kotal's tools he could actually make very good use of PNG in 1-2 variations.
He could probably, given his utility. However, instead its stuck on F/T. Such a waste.
At least I could combo into blood offering if F/T had it.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
It makes perfect sense why the YOMI Squad doesn't answer questions or engage in thorough discussions about their list on TYM. The thread would literally be an unorganized turd with everyone asking lots of questions back and forth, left and right, down and across, etc. What I'm HOPING (If anyone from YOMI does read this of course) is to specify which variation in their opinion is best in the game for those respective characters. It would clear up LOTS of confusion and we could go from there.

It looks like twitter became the "cool girls" gathering spot and instead of discussing and explaining your tier list that you posted on TYM on TYM we need to reach you on some other site resulting in a communicative clusterfuck? You know nobody's going to do that.
What is wrong with twitter so it is more organized? Lol and someone already asked me a question .... Sooo

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It makes perfect sense why the YOMI Squad doesn't answer questions or engage in thorough discussions about their list on TYM. The thread would literally be an unorganized turd with everyone asking lots of questions back and forth, left and right, down and across, etc. What I'm HOPING (If anyone from YOMI does read this of course) is to specify which variation in their opinion is best in the game for those respective characters. It would clear up LOTS of confusion and we could go from there.
God forbid people ask questions about the opinions of the best players the NRS scene has to offer regarding their own tier list post.

Our list is based on the assumption that a character is using the variation that is best for the matchup they are facing.

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
Just nerf that piece of crap Kung Lao into the ground already. It's enough he had to shit all over Mk9, why the hell does it have to be the same in MKX. Why the hell doesn't he just dissapear already piece of shit.
You seem upset

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What is wrong with twitter so it is more organized? Lol and someone already asked me a question .... Sooo
You post something on site A knowing full well a shitstorm of posts is about to occur.

Post no explanation whatsoever for a while,

Then ask questions to be posted on site B because YOMI can't spare even 1-2 people to log on to TYM and at least provide some insight on some of these picks.

You post something on site A knowing full well a shitstorm of posts is about to occur.

Post no explanation whatsoever for a while,

Then ask questions to be posted on site B because YOMI can't spare even 1-2 people to log on to TYM and at least provide some insight on some of these picks.
Oh I dnt mind explaining on this site, just that I am not on it enough and I dnt want to miss a multitude of questions because of that.
Edit: Pretty much all of Yomi is not on TYM that much tbh. So we dnt want to miss like 100 questions because of that.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
God forbid people ask questions about the opinions of the best players the NRS scene has to offer regarding their own tier list post.
I know what I said sounds extremely stupid and counter productive (I agree), but I see why they do it this way. Maybe I should have reworded my post as an opinion of why "I" think they don't do it and why "they" don't do it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh I dnt mind explaining on this site, just that I am not on it enough and I dnt want to miss a multitude of questions because of that.
Edit: Pretty much all of Yomi is not on TYM that much tbh. So we dnt want to miss like 100 questions because of that.
My point is that you gotta see this from a "marketing" perspective.

People going crazy over the opinions of the highest skilled scene and you're making the information distribution on another site that maybe 10% of the thread viewers will go, most will probably even miss your post completely.

People going crazy over the opinions of the highest skilled scene and you're making the information distribution on another site that maybe 10% of the thread viewers will go, most will probably even miss your post completely.
Twiiter is definitely known by most of this site. We posted our Twitters for a reason so they know where they can contact us. I get ur perspective tho.

Schuyler

Noob
I agree with most of this but I play jax didn't feel that he was that high on the list. Dont know about tanya still being that high. Everything else looks good more or less.

My assumption is that it's because they're playing the game right now and TYM on mobile just isn't fun to use..

haketh

Noob
Blood God Kotal is borderline unusable.

Also Deceptive Reptile, not unusable but pretty useless. Dualist also has a lot of bugs and issues...
Deceptive Reptile gets big full combo punishes on people with EX Invis at least

Our list is based on the assumption that a character is using the variation that is best for the matchup they are facing.
No game witch mechanics like Variations does this for tier list because it doesn't make sense especially early

chores

bad at things

depends on if the goal is to increase twitter followers or increase TYM activity.. which one would you choose if you were YOMI?

See the problem is that this isn't really a tier list, it's a ranking. The difference between spots are not equal. Also using a tier style results in less "my character isn't 24th, they're 25th" arguments.

So if I were to put this ranking into a tier style, it would be (no order):

S+ - Kung Lao, Tanya, Raiden, D'Vorah, Quan Chi
S - Jax, Shinnok, Cassie Cage, Erron Black, Sonya Blade
A+ - Sub-Zero, Kung Jin, Scorpion, Kenshi
A - Kano, Johnny Cage, Ermac, Kitana, Ferra/Torr, Liu Kang
B+ - Kotal Kahn, Reptile, Mileena, Jason, Takeda, Jacqui
B - Goro

Regardless, I agree with the Erron Black placement. He's probably only just top 10.
I love the Milly community. Good job guys and gals :) We are in good standing ;)