What's new

YOMI PRESENTS OUR PRE EVO MKX TIER LIST (RV2.0)

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Her F4 is unsafe with option select or not, and 21 is safe against most of the cast but unless you are using Ravenous, you need meter to create a mix-up situation with S2 and even then her low option being safe doesn't mean much since a few characters get a punish and others get a 50/50 or pressure afterwards. F12B4~roll option select is so inconsistent that is not even worth doing.

EDIT: her F3 doesn't crouch lows as it should tho.
should she really be that low though?

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Her F4 is unsafe with option select or not, and 21 is safe against most of the cast but unless you are using Ravenous, you need meter to create a mix-up situation with S2 and even then her low option being safe doesn't mean much since a few characters get a punish and others get a 50/50 or pressure afterwards. F12B4~roll option select is so inconsistent that is not even worth doing.

EDIT: her F3 doesn't crouch lows as it should tho.
F4 is -5 though. 21os roll/u4 covers her here, minus the gap. F12b4 is not inconsistent, the hit stun is just different from her other normals, it takes lab time to get down. For something you can practice and gives good payout, it's silly to say it's not worth learning. I don't like how people abandon tech simply because of an execution barrier.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
F4 is -5 though. 21os roll/u4 covers her here, minus the gap. F12b4 is not inconsistent, the hit stun is just different from her other normals, it takes lab time to get down. For something you can practice and gives good payout, it's silly to say it's not worth learning. I don't like how people abandon tech simply because of an execution barrier.
F4 is like -30 not -5 and f44 is -8 with a gap.

Unless I didn't go back and read into the thread (for the 4th time), is there an updated tier list with the S+/S/S-/A+/A/B+ rating? or is there yet another tier list with this style?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Unless I didn't go back and read into the thread (for the 4th time), is there an updated tier list with the S+/S/S-/A+/A/B+ rating? or is there yet another tier list with this style?
Nothing new right now. I'm also waiting on an actual tier list with reasons and at least talking about which variation. (Variations, if it's a character with multiple good ones.)

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Like here is a real tier list(also my personal one but nobody cares about that)

S: Kung Lao
A+: Jax, Cassie, Dvorah, Shinnok
A: Quan, Raiden, Ermac, Erron, Kung Jin, Scorpion, Kitana, Tanya
B: Kenshi, Takeda, Kotal, Loo Kang, Johnny, Kano, Sub Zero, Sonya, Jacqui
C: Mileena, Goro, F/T, Reptile, Jason

Do like that in future, numbered listings mean shit all. Is reptile 1 better than Mileena? Or one worse? What does that even mean.

Kudo, we should use this model for future tier list. Make sense.

Do like that in future, numbered listings mean shit all. Is reptile 1 better than Mileena? Or one worse? What does that even mean.
Kitana is mid tier? Jason's LOW TIER!? Troll or that DIDN'T happen?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Why does this thread keep getting resuscitated? It is over a month old - one day after Predator was released. It has already been acknowledged that it is out of date...

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
cause people are just now seeing it and want to discuss on a discussion forum
There is no problem with discussing a topic on a forum... but getting annoyed because Liu is one place above Mileena or something from a list which has been acknowledged as outdated is pointless and makes no sense. It is history.

By all means keep talking about whether this one should be one place above that one on an outdated list if you wish though - it is your prerogative and sorry if I offended.

Obamu

Noob

Can someone enlighten me why Jax is near S tier?
I just read this thread below and it highlights quite a few problems
http://testyourmight.com/threads/uncle-jax-what-are-youre-worst-match-ups.53050/

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Can someone enlighten me why Jax is near S tier?
I just read this thread below and it highlights quite a few problems
http://testyourmight.com/threads/uncle-jax-what-are-youre-worst-match-ups.53050/
He has no significant weaknesses. Godlike strings, godlike pokes, good damage, his projectle is even +3 on block upclose and if he throw it from full screen away it's plus 1 million. He can even delay it to make jumping over impossible. And he has 2 safe armored moves (1 more in wrestler), one of them is launcher in the corner

This list is outdated and all, but any list that doesn't have Cassie top 5, much less top 10, is wrong. She is hugely slept on even with what people already know of her tools. Gross is the only one I've seen play her to close to full potential, and sonicfox is probably going to get her nerfed. Which she deserves, tbh.

She has everything. Except a good haircut.