What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
why does it feel like 212 xx dd3 is incredibly hard to punish? I can't tell if the people I'm playing against are mistiming it or the pushback is too good.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Really,what chances has a char that his strings have gab everywhere?
Why is this happening? After a while everyone will know about the gaps and every time we try to get in or pressure the opponent we will get blown.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Really,what chances has a char that his strings have gab everywhere?
Why is this happening? After a while everyone will know about the gaps and every time we try to get in or pressure the opponent we will get blown.
The mindgame of whether you'll do the full string or not so you can punish an armor-out attempt? Sounds like we'll just have to level up if that happens.

stamatis

The mindgame of whether you'll do the full string or not so you can punish an armor-out attempt? Sounds like we'll just have to level up if that happens.
You know what?if they learn the MU you will not be able to do that,once they see the last hit coming out they will armour though the robot,it is not that hard,my question is why?it is not that we have huge damage potential after those strings,I don't get it.

DDutchguy

You know what?if you learn the MU you will not be able to do that,once they see the last hit coming out they will armour though the robot,it is not that hard,my question is why?it is not that we have huge damage potential after those strings,I don't get it.
Haven't labbed Sektor enough to figure our which strings have gaps in them, could you tell me which ones? I imagine the gaps are there to prevent you from just throwing strings out there without much risk to it.

stamatis

Haven't labbed Sektor enough to figure our which strings have gaps in them, could you tell me which ones? I imagine the gaps are there to prevent you from just throwing strings out there without much risk to it.
F43

DDutchguy

Those are the only two? That isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Just do 111 instead of 114 to and catch a potential armor-out attempt if they expect 114. Not to mention you can also hit confirm 111.

Just be careful with F43 in the neutral if the opponent knows of the gap. Sektor also has B2 for a whiff punish so you can probably do B2xxEX-missiles to stay safe. Without the bar you'll just have to commit.

In any case if those are the only strings with gaps there should be very little issues.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Funny the above mentions b2..

Been testing a few characters and b2-up rocket can be hell. A mid with that range is trouble. But with Scorpions tele and slide I could use b2-up rocket and trade with both. Up rockets hits and you get a run-up hit confirm. Or a b1-2+4, or even f43. Ill be testing more but Sektor's run away game plus up rocket teleport punishs make him DEADLY!

And b2-teleport as a punish to that. Thats why his dmg is great at best. b2 THE whiff punisher. Lol.

Last edited:
Those are the only two? That isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Just do 111 instead of 114 to and catch a potential armor-out attempt if they expect 114. Not to mention you can also hit confirm 111.

Just be careful with F43 in the neutral if the opponent knows of the gap. Sektor also has B2 for a whiff punish so you can probably do B2xxEX-missiles to stay safe. Without the bar you'll just have to commit.

In any case if those are the only strings with gaps there should be very little issues.

1,1,1,2 and f212bb have gaps and it is more than a little issue.. All of his + strings have gaps except 2,1 and he has no safe specials to cancel into..

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Funny the above mentions b2..

Been testing a few characters and b2-up rocket can be hell. A mid with that range is trouble. But with Scorpions tele and slide I could use b2-up rocket and trade with both. Up rockets hits and you get a run-up hit confirm. Or a b1-2+4, or even f43. Ill be testing more but Sektor's run away game plus up rocket teleport punishs make him DEADLY!

And b2-teleport as a punish to that. Thats why his dmg is great at best. b2 THE whiff punisher. Lol.
Both the tracking rockets and the close rockets after B2 can be unsafe if they guess right. If you do the tracking version then almost every character in the game can run up and land a full combo without worrying about the missiles tracking, and if you do the close rockets then projectile characters can hit you. It's still a complete guess on their part whether or not to run in or use a projectile, but something to be wary of nonetheless.

I find that it's best to only use B2 + close rockets. That way they absolutely cannot run in and punish and the worst thing that can happen is getting hit by a projectile, which isn't that big of a deal against most characters.

Last edited:

9_Lives

Noob
Im in there! Already had a guy complain to me about Sektor Up Rockets cuz I oki'd him to death.
Also I just wanted to show what I am currently doing to people in the corner.
I was just about to post something like this. There is no need to run back out with this one, but it has slower startup, so good with bad I suppose lol.
f43~telepunch, 21, 21, 1112 for same damage. A third 21 can fit in there somewhere, but the last hit of 1112 almost always whiffs this way.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I've been harassing people with strings into up rocket pressure and grab mix-ups lately, so I decided to see what you can do about it. So far it seems that backdashing is the best option. If you backdash correctly after whatever string Sektor does then you can avoid both the tracking rockets and the up close rockets. Only the far version can hit you but you have more than enough time to block, and the backdash gives you some much needed room.
I can't imagine many Sektor players cancelling strings into far away rockets anyway because it leaves you wide open for a punish, but I guess it's an option if your backdashing out of missile pressure becomes predictable.

So yeah, backdashing appears to be the safest way to avoid up rocket pressure and create space if you're mid screen. If anyone has found a better way to avoid it then let me know.

Last edited: