What's new

WWE No Mercy VS Here Comes the Pain

Which of these two games was better?

• Total voters

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Easily two of the greatest wrestling games ever made, which one do you feel is the best?

here comes the pain revolutionized the franchise.

(not that its some stellar franchise, but the game was really good ;))

Here Comes the Pain. But WWF WrestleMania 2000 was easily much better than No Mercy. The inclusion for longer entrances for the characters made the game in the mid to late N64 era stand out. WWF No Mercy was garbage to me (one can compare it to the garbage that is WWF Attitude and WWF War Zone released respectively in 1998 and 1999).

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Here Comes the Pain. But WWF WrestleMania 2000 was easily much better than No Mercy. The inclusion for longer entrances for the characters made the game in the mid to late N64 era stand out. WWF No Mercy was garbage to me (one can compare it to the garbage that is WWF Attitude and WWF War Zone released respectively in 1998 and 1999).
Ohhhhhh, where do I start with this one?

Comparing ANY of the N64 AKI-engine games to the Acclaim N64 games is just downright ludicrous for the sake of how clunky the (Acclaim) games play. It's not even a comparison in that regard and since gameplay is what matters the most....

Let's talk about the (American) N64 AKI titles. In chronological order...
  1. WCW/NWO World Tour
  2. WCW/NWO Revenge
  3. Wrestlemania 2000
  4. No Mercy
Each game built upon the other, using the same game engine and improving the graphics, sound, movesets, game modes, and AI along the way. No Mercy was the last in the line and had the most of all these things. Wrestlemania 2000 was a great game, don't get me wrong, but everything it did well was done better by No Mercy (and then some.)

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
smackdown vs raw 2006 sons

only system with the stamina system that was a) good and b) added to the value of the battle.

I remember having dramatic 20 minute fights cause the stamina system in that game added so much weight to everything it was fantastic.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
No Mercy is the GOAT. Sidenote it has some of the best mods for a wrestling game, especially this one for oldschool WWF fans:

Reactions: MKB

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Never played WWF No Mercy, although it was hugely because I never even played on N64. As for Here Comes the Pain, that game was great, but I would prefer other WWF/WWE games, and as a long time fan, I've played A LOT of them. In fact the WWF WrestleMania Arcade Game from the 90's was what introduced me to Wrestling and the WWE.

So here are my top 10 WWF/WWE games of all time, not in any order:

1) WWF WrestleMania: the Arcade Game
2) WWF: In Your House
3) WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth
4) WWE: SmackDown Vs. RAW 2006
5) WWE: SmackDown Vs. RAW 2009
6) WWE: 2K14.
7) WWF SmackDown: Just bring it
8) WWE: SmackDown Vs. RAW 2011
9) WWE SmackDown: Here Comes the Pain
10) WWF: War Zone

And 4 Honorable mentions:
1) WWF: Attitude
2) WWF SmackDown: Know Your Role
3) WWE: 13 (That was because of the Attitude Era Mode)
4) WWE: SmackDown Vs. RAW 2008 (The Season Mode was fun)

Last edited:
Ohhhhhh, where do I start with this one?

Comparing ANY of the N64 AKI-engine games to the Acclaim N64 games is just downright ludicrous for the sake of how clunky the (Acclaim) games play. It's not even a comparison in that regard and since gameplay is what matters the most....

Let's talk about the (American) N64 AKI titles. In chronological order...
  1. WCW/NWO World Tour
  2. WCW/NWO Revenge
  3. Wrestlemania 2000
  4. No Mercy
Each game built upon the other, using the same game engine and improving the graphics, sound, movesets, game modes, and AI along the way. No Mercy was the last in the line and had the most of all these things. Wrestlemania 2000 was a great game, don't get me wrong, but everything it did well was done better by No Mercy (and then some.)
And how does this impact why people still choose WCW/NWO Revenge or World Tour over No Mercy? No Mercy may have been the most refined out of the game but let's not sit here and say it didn' thave its faults. It took out the longer entrances seen in WrestleMania 2000, contained less memory to save (less unlocks and less spaces for Created content). The story mode was sub par at best and wasn't as fully engaging as the other three.

Trust me No Mercy is fun but the fact people seem to ignore WrestleMania 2000 over No Mercy seems biased to me. WrestleMania 2000 was a fun game and was the best representative for the WWF in 1999/early 2000.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Here Comes the Pain is the wrestling game I played the most. Did No Mercy have the good theme for Eddie Guerrero and no mullet?