What's new

Question Would you rather have TAG Team back for MKX?

Do you want TAG in MKX?

• Yes, it would be dope

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • No, I don't care and you shouldn't either.

Votes: 28 24.8%

• Total voters

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
It was fun, but if we had to choose between that or putting effort into other things like extra stages/more costumes(for ones that don't already have like 5+) I'd choose the latter.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I really don't think NRS is competent enough to make it an integral mechanic. It would be cool, though.
They are going to do something drastic since that seems to be the theme with NRS and sequels. I'd rather it be that and be a busted fun mess than busted and 1v1. Busted 1v1 is barely ever fun. MK9 tag mode was busted cause it was MK9 with a variable that was never accounted for. I think they could pull off a decent entry in tag battles. Just no Quan, Supes, AM, Shinnok BS. We keep telling them to make REASONABLE characters. Then cover some weaknesses or enhance some strenths with assists. Or along with traits each character has some kind of bonus when on a team. Like batman has batarang horizontal or vertical. His special team trait safer switching out or something.

yes, please.
You're welcome NRS.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I loved tag team. Get four good players or even just some casual friends/family to play and have a blast for hours. Goro/Kitana tag team.....yes gurl. I don't believe NRS saying it was an unpopular mode because every time I went online someone was challenging to tag or what not. Aside from infinite shenanigans it is generally praised and it definitely increased replay value and life for casuals fans, my family for example too.
Yeah, NRS saying it wasn't popular was a huge cop out. I didn't personally play tag, but every casual MK fan I knew LOVED THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

I think it would be a cool addition to the game, but at this point, I don't see it happening. Although the though of a Kotal Kahn/Tremor team makes me drip a bit.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
i don't see why not, tons of people loved it. I wasn't a big fan but it's the only way I'll play mk9 with a lot of people I know who own the game, they're all super into it

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
I suggest NRF try tag team for Injustice 2 in the future, please. I believe it'd be nicer.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
would be tight but i think thats like 900 intros right?
Just make the 2 point characters interact. If there is 20 characters, that's 380 intros? I'm thinking 19 per character. If they did mirror match specific intros then 400. It's a lot but really it's 20 per character. I'm sure they could pull that off easy.

Man, tag team in Injustice 2 would be so awesome. Just imagine Batman and Green Arrow vs Superman, recreating famous comic book battles looks cool.

Lokheit

Noob
I would sacrifice the development time that the living towers, kustom kombat and the faction war took to have tag team in the game. I hope it's back for the next game.

Kustom Kombat/Test Your Luck is sold as fun an chaotic to play for fun with friends, but IMO tag team was much better for that and I think I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

Honestly, just being able to pick two or three characters and swap between them would be enough. There doesn't need to be any tag specials or crap. Just the ability to have two characters in a single match would be lots of fun.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
no... never used it and never knew anyone that did. Well.. everyone clicked on it at one point.. but imo it is just another dead end for the devs. Make a larger roster instead of this rubbish!

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I would sacrifice the development time that the living towers, kustom kombat and the faction war took to have tag team in the game. I hope it's back for the next game.

Kustom Kombat/Test Your Luck is sold as fun an chaotic to play for fun with friends, but IMO tag team was much better for that and I think I'm not the only one that thinks that way.
This. So they base its popularity on tourneys and that's why it was "unpopular" but those other modes they worked on instead are complete pancake ass. Both of those modes I haven't even touched after the first time meanwhile MK2011's tag mode was THE mode to play everytime I had friends over. MK became something I could share and enjoy with others when I could pair up with them to fight others. Now, when I suggest playing MKX it is met with a universal "meh... No thanks".

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Now that I think about it, they can easily add tag mode, no need to add tag team combos, just allow us to our secondary character mid match. Put out clone with grandmaster then switch to predator. Damage spell with Quan chi then kotal comes in with his totems to kill opponent in one combo. Lol

chris999

Noob
For me it was one of the best additions in MK9! I believe that they could bring it back easily, even right now, if they didn't implement the tag team combos and the attacks from the inactive partner.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Not for competitive play, but for offline 4 player craziness.
^^^This. Unless you did it sort of like MKT where there were no assists or anything...except maybe a hard tag option... I feel like no amount of best efforts would keep it from turning out broken as fuck, but I would love to see it.