What's new

Question Would changing the stance switch button to a dedicated run button break MKX?

Sirjamison

Sun Gawd Cuddle
I play on stick but find run cancels easier on pad. I was thinking about what changes would make it more comfortable on stick and realized that we have a practically useless button. What do you think? It would make execution easier on both pieces of hardware making some characters barrier to entry lower. I wonder what the real impact would be on the game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It should have always been used for the run button. There must be some reason stance switch has to exist. I wish it was like Injustice's pre-patch where it was pretty much unpunishable, it was great for mind game tricks, thus it was actually useful. I don't mind the run how it is, but they definitely should have utilized the stance switch button and gave the option to map your run to it.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I don't see why they put in stance switch tbh,did any developer even say why it was an actual feature?I'm used to it so it'll be easier for new players, but for us it'll take some time to get used to.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
dunno if i dreamed this or it was actually said but...

i thought switch stance was because of something to so with so the characters dont have to always go back to there default p1/p2 starting stances after doing moves or something along those lines