What's new

Words from the prophet TrU3Ta1ent

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I've had experience with this and trust me; you are overestimating it greatly. His revenue from twitch is probably pretty decent if he's partnered, but the youtube stats are a bit off. 1 dollar per thousand views is somewhat close, but usually less as they take a cut and have different CPM depending on the network he is partnered with. He also may not be able to monetize some of his videos, and as far as we know he could have only been partnered in the last year or so, which means he would have to go back and monetize those older videos (but I honestly doubt his injustice videos are getting any views anyways). Much bigger youtubers make a lot due to having higher CPM, as well as other sources of income from the the various things they can do (clothing/advertisements/appearances/etc.), but tru3 is definitely on the lower end of things at the moment. That was all I was saying.
I'm fairly experienced in this too, no need for the patronisation. And I think this is both speculation from both of us. It isn't achieving anything, and only Tru3 knows what's what. I'm not trying to say he's making millions off of his YouTube, I'm trying to say that he's not making peanuts from YouTube and the money he gets from it is a nice addition to his final pay. People still play Injustice and want to get better too, not a lot, but casuals who aren't into fighting games that like superman and batman might want to play with their buddy, y'know? Anyways, this is sort of off-topic, my bad :p

zoofs

bless
I'm fairly experienced in this too, no need for the patronisation. And I think this is both speculation from both of us. It isn't achieving anything, and only Tru3 knows what's what. I'm not trying to say he's making millions off of his YouTube, I'm trying to say that he's not making peanuts from YouTube and the money he gets from it is a nice addition to his final pay. People still play Injustice and want to get better too, not a lot, but casuals who aren't into fighting games that like superman and batman might want to play with their buddy, y'know? Anyways, this is sort of off-topic, my bad :p
Sorry if I came off as patronizing, I was more so just responding to the part of your post where you said "youtube money isn't as bad as people think" with that.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
My experience with watching "TOP" players stream: 1-4 homeless looking dudes messing around on their iPhone 4's while terrible music blares over the sound of the occasional "godlike" combo.
This though, I can agree with. Production quality is very important. This is probably a big factor into why Max and JWong get a lot of viewers when they stream

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Sorry if I came off as patronizing, I was more so just responding to the part of your post where you said "youtube money isn't as bad as people think" with that.
Don't worry about it man, I'm sure you didn't mean it - after all, when you can't hear someones voice it's usually harder to understand :)

Afumba

Noob
He is probably not the best player there is but he isnt saying he is. Hes even saying that top advice should be gotton from those players/tym etc.
Generally he seems like a nice guy & doesnt act like a jerk like lots of others. Also he seems to be at least an ok player.

Bitching cuz he says some stuff that arent true about mechanics/frame date/etcetc is laughable... As if he is saying that on purpose. He just tells ppls what he thinks and from his expierence. If you established that he isnt a top player, take what he says with a grain of salt and move on.
Everyone that watches his stream and wants to improve his game will know were to look for.

Generally him streaming is a good thing. He gets people to play the game that maybe wouldnt. Even if they turn out to be all casual gamer who says that they dont support the game in some way... watch tourney streams, maybe attend a tourney, play in esl and whatnot.
I rather watch his stream than some troll-stream or really any other non top player stream atm.
Cdjr, WonderChef & co. dont have as many streamers cuz their stream is not as popular as true´s is in general. Hasnt anything to do with MK alone.
Also they are several ppls that watch Trues stream just to watch him... you know cuz they find him entertaining or enjoy his stream etcetc
On the other hand they are ppl that turn SonicFox stream off cuz he doesnt talk much or turn off Cdjr stream cuz he is too loud.

I know i sound like a fanboy lol... I am not though :p... I just dont understand how ppl can bitch about something that its positive for the community/MK and doesnt harm anything.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
My experience with watching "TOP" players stream: 1-4 homeless looking dudes messing around on their iPhone 4's while terrible music blares over the sound of the occasional "godlike" combo.
EXACTLY!!! Why doesn't someone make a thread calling out "TOP" players streaming like amateurs? It's garbage compared to Tru3's. lol!

mfkaoz

Banned
I dont have anything against Tru3 personally. Im sure hes a cool ass dude but back when he streamed Injustice the only thing he ever did was shit on the game. He had the potential to bring a lot of new blood into the NRS scene but instead he turned them all away by shitting on the game and talking about how Street Fighter is superior. Not only that but the entire Zyphox situation as well as him just spewing off stupid shit about the game. He truly believed that Green Arrow was better than Flash because he has a super reset...

I enjoy Tru3's streams personally. He plays a wide variety of characters and constantly interacts with his viewers.

Big players like Tom Brady are fun to watch, but the same matchup repeated over and over again with minimal dialogue can get extremely boring. When trying to get people into the game I always recommend his channel first.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I enjoy Tru3's streams personally. He plays a wide variety of characters and constantly interacts with his viewers.
Last time I've seen his videos I wanted him to try not to play everyone and stop mashing shit as a result, but oh well...

Um that statement is not true for everyone. I have played against people who never learn from losing. They bitch about how it's the games mechanics or their controler/fight stick is on the fritz...they will literally come up with any lame excuse that puts the fault of their loss onto something or someone (in some cases) else instead of LEARNING from their mistakes.
Uhm... "If you don't lose you don't learn" doesn't mean "If you lose you necessarily learn".

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I mean...the guy was banned for a reason...

He might have turned over a new leaf though, if so good for him.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In that case, Tru3 must be a very wise man ;)

In all seriousness though: people need to learn that viewers aren't something you just 'earn' by being a good player -- they are built through hard work, interaction, consistency and dedication. Streamers who are consistently building their brand, outside of the games they play, and engaging/growing their fanbases, will have more viewers.

Some of these guys have been building up their followings for multiple years, and that's nothing to sniff at. If you want the loot, you have to do the work.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
You're all forgetting he's British meaning he's one of the few not extremely terrible streamers we Europeans can watch that aren't streaming in the middle of the night. not really defending him or anything, just saying.

SpiceWeasel

Nothing personal mate!
He is probably not the best player there is but he isnt saying he is. Hes even saying that top advice should be gotton from those players/tym etc.
Generally he seems like a nice guy & doesnt act like a jerk like lots of others. Also he seems to be at least an ok player.
[...]

watched True when he was playing Dark Souls PVP and seem like a realy nice dude

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
I dont have anything against Tru3 personally. Im sure hes a cool ass dude but back when he streamed Injustice the only thing he ever did was shit on the game. He had the potential to bring a lot of new blood into the NRS scene but instead he turned them all away by shitting on the game and talking about how Street Fighter is superior. Not only that but the entire Zyphox situation as well as him just spewing off stupid shit about the game. He truly believed that Green Arrow was better than Flash because he has a super reset...
what was the zyphox situation?

Killjoy McGee

[Hype Intensifies]
what was the zyphox situation?
I believe it was that they had a ft10 on Tru3s stream which ended in Tru3 losing, now usually he uploads to his twitch vids to his YT but he never did with his matches vs Zyphox desptie the demand for them (I think thats the whole thing. (If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me people)

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
watched True when he was playing Dark Souls PVP and seem like a realy nice dude
We were watching two different things then because I only saw a guy running around with a buffed straight sword 3-4 shotting people complaining about how bad the weapons was and how op poise is