What's new

will nrs keep breaking cyrax?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Whiffed Net too much lag???
Pretend for a second that you're Scorpion.
You whiffed a spear, either from just whiffing it, or during a combo you mistimed or got screwed over...you know the opponent has enough time to either jump twice and hit you with a jump punch for full combo punish, or get up, and jump punch you for full combo punish????

Cyrax is like Scorpion, bombs are like hell fire, and net is like Spear.
Teleport is obviously like teleport, and then Cyrax has rag doll and saw etc.

Cyrax is basically a way better Scorpion with better resets, better unblockables, and better recovery on all his whiffed setups.
IE: No room for complaining.

I think Sub Zero is the most nerfed character, and I barely even play as him.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
No, nonono, I meant that the players are angry at the constant nerfing/changes in general - dash nerf, wakeup armor, specials armor, etc. - and that's what's been turning people off/turning people away. And when it comes to the subject of nerfs and changes, he's had a bunch. Not debating the goods and evils, just that there've been a substantial amount of changes made to him since Day 1.

well the wakeups were changed to work as originally intended, the dash nerf was a stupid idea, and armour hasnt ever broke a character, just keep in mind every change cyrax has recieved was for a purpose, not to sound harsh, but tbh, tough shit if cyrax players want to keep the damage as it is right now, it makes the game look bad.

Maxter

Noob
hes still a more than viable character man, im sure you of all people know that, his nerfs are justified, im sorry but i simply refuse to believe that this character NEEDS a 50% guaranteed off a throw and 70% guaranteed off a net, i just cant see it that way.
i know there was a guaranteed bomb trap out of the command grab, i'm justt saying how they nerfing a lot of his tools just to avoid resets being done, i'm pretty sure there must be another way, they fix the command grab and made it 9 frames to break out of it, so out of a net you just had to press 1,2 simultaneously and you will get out of it for sure, or maybe they should have left it the way it was and just reduce the stagger on it so bomb trap wasnt possible. my point is how they are breaking the character to remove these resets. of course cyrax is still a good character but he has changed to much already.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
i know there was a guaranteed bomb trap out of the command grab, i'm justt saying how they nerfing a lot of his tools just to avoid resets being done, i'm pretty sure there must be another way, they fix the command grab and made it 9 frames to break out of it, so out of a net you just had to press 1,2 simultaneously and you will get out of it for sure, or maybe they should have left it the way it was and just reduce the stagger on it so bomb trap wasnt possible. my point is how they are breaking the character to remove these resets. of course cyrax is still a good character but he has changed to much already.
in all honesty i feel that letting them break the command grab from a net was unnecessary, just keep in mind no matter how they change him, his core fundementals have never really changed, and likely never will, so all his bomb setups etc, still work like a charm

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
well the wakeups were changed to work as originally intended, the dash nerf was a stupid idea, and armour hasnt ever broke a character, just keep in mind every change cyrax has recieved was for a purpose, not to sound harsh, but tbh, tough shit if cyrax players want to keep the damage as it is right now, it makes the game look bad.
Nah man, I agree completely. The sooner they're gone, the better off we'll be.
It's insane. Fun...but insane.

Mustard can you explain to someone who is not near your level what is 50% guaranteed from a throw? I know the 70% from a net, but I have no clue what the 50% from a through could be. Thanks!

PS. You're my favorite condiment on a hot dog

PPS. No homo

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Mustard can you explain to someone who is not near your level what is 50% guaranteed from a throw? I know the 70% from a net, but I have no clue what the 50% from a through could be. Thanks!

PS. You're my favorite condiment on a hot dog

PPS. No homo
on release you could go, command grab, medium bomb, and then pin them in place with a 22 to guarantee the bomb, then go for njp into whatever you wanted, they took it out fairly soon, but people protested it going at first, god knows why

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I get owned by a Cyrax if he lands one net. and when he does I say gg and move on. This community is just filled with a lot of whiners. Yes I do agree with Mustard that he doesnt need all these resets, but I also agree with Maxter that he shouldnt get every aspect nerfed to prevent said resets.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Maxter, you want Jax nerfed because he supposedly too good at this and that, but you are trying to justify the things that Cyrax has or has had in the past.

I'm sorry, but Cyrax is one of the most persistent problems in the game and makes the game look so stupid at times. I actually thinking back to Season's Beatings with you match against ChrisG. It wasn't a good look. It's not your fault or anything, but even with the stupidity of Marvel, Capcom knew it was in the best interest of the game to remove the DHC glitch.

The most nerfed characters in the game have been Sub-Zero and Skarlet. The most unnecessarily nerfed character has been Kung Lao who could have been quite similar providing they completely neutered his damage.

Characters having stupidly ridiculous damage for one bar, while other characters can barely get to 50% with 3 bars. It's not right.

Anyway, no matter how much NRS Cyrax gets nerfed, people will immediately go out of there way to try and break him again. As if he not good without exploits and such. That's why I think Mustard's Cyrax is my favourite. I may not be the best player or judge of players in the world, but until the majority have the guts to do what he does. He's going to be my
Cyrax of choice.

ANOTHER THING.

I really want us to stop calling damage re-scaling a reset. That not what a reset is and it makes the community look silly when we are using terminology used generally in other fighting games the way we are. It's a damage re-scale exploit. A reset is where you put someone into a situation when they have to guess or actually 'reset' a situation in itself.

Jax's (if you give him a proper tool for midscreen damage), Smoke's and Cyrax's damage exploits need to go. This game doesn't gather hype the same way other games do and it's actually very dismissive of the games intent. Same with Kabal and Kitana having better or near enough tools that Noob and Sindel respectively.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Every time they "nerf" Cyrax, he gets better. It's because they don't actually fix the problem, they just prevent the specific reset or combo from happening. So what happens is the players just find new ways to basically do the same thing. This just isn't Cyrax that they're not really nerfing or patching. Like someone has said somewhere, they're not doing patches/nerfs, they're giving out band-aids.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Dont worry Maxter i have heaps of new tech for cyrax that i think you will like. Hang in there bro.

Maxter

Noob
Maxter, you want Jax nerfed because he supposedly too good at this and that, but you are trying to justify the things that Cyrax has or has had in the past.

I'm sorry, but Cyrax is one of the most persistent problems in the game and makes the game look so stupid at times. I actually thinking back to Season's Beatings with you match against ChrisG. It wasn't a good look. It's not your fault or anything, but even with the stupidity of Marvel, Capcom knew it was in the best interest of the game to remove the DHC glitch.

The most nerfed characters in the game have been Sub-Zero and Skarlet. The most unnecessarily nerfed character has been Kung Lao who could have been quite similar providing they completely neutered his damage.

Characters having stupidly ridiculous damage for one bar, while other characters can barely get to 50% with 3 bars. It's not right.

Anyway, no matter how much NRS Cyrax gets nerfed, people will immediately go out of there way to try and break him again. As if he not good without exploits and such. That's why I think Mustard's Cyrax is my favourite. I may not be the best player or judge of players in the world, but until the majority have the guts to do what he does. He's going to be my
Cyrax of choice.

ANOTHER THING.

I really want us to stop calling damage re-scaling a reset. That not what a reset is and it makes the community look silly when we are using terminology used generally in other fighting games the way we are. It's a damage re-scale exploit. A reset is where you put someone into a situation when they have to guess or actually 'reset' a situation in itself.

Jax's (if you give him a proper tool for midscreen damage), Smoke's and Cyrax's damage exploits need to go. This game doesn't gather hype the same way other games do and it's actually very dismissive of the games intent. Same with Kabal and Kitana having better or near enough tools that Noob and Sindel respectively.
first of all i never said i wanted jax nerfed, jax was a good character as it was from the first patch just people didnt know how to use him properly and because of so much buff jax crybabies jax became a monster, he has the best tools up close. they intended to make jax a good character up close like johnny cage, jax has got like 6 major buffs because noone was using him properly and he became the best in the game, now if this character is so good up close why giving him tools to armor through projectiles on reaction? also give him zoning properties? , because ground pound cancelling and projectiles faster recovery now makes it imposible to outzone him, erik warda and myself could notice a lot of frame advantage on most of his combo strings, the purpose of a character like this is keeping him away and not even kabal can , you just need patience and get at mid range and your opponents wont be able to do any fireballs or eat an armored attack of 17% dmg that leave you at his feet to block string you and build meter for the next armored dash so you cant outzone him, is mindfucking and you pulling back will always end in the corner, in the corner large hit boxes suffer the most because he can do a block infinite, gotta loose block and use a breaker or just die with his 100% reset with 2 bars, i agree that cyrax should have these resets removed or whatever, but the problem is to fix him they are breaking a lot of good tools he had before, on the jax topic, his hitboxes are too big on all of his moves, cant even kick his jabs, he outzone cyrax now, and a lot of the characters, ypu could see him outzoning sonya and ground pound going under projectiles, a lot of people are starting to notice how broken they made him because of these buffs, i only wanted jax block infinite to be removed not his reset or whatever he has, erik warda quit this game because they changing the game too much without letting it evolve, if they had waited longer before patching and putting armor on everything i bet you now they would have a better idea on what to fix or not, btw on these thread i described all the changes cyrax being through to remove his resets because they dont know how to properly fix him, i never said that i wanted the resets to stay, i don't want them to go either because the next target will be his dmg, and people will complaint that he can do 60% dmg out of a jumping punch, if nrs cant properly fix him they should stop nerfing his abilities because is affecting cyrax a lot, btw i dont care if mustard is your favorite or not, thats like a little childish from you to say, i have nothing against mustard he looks like a really cool dude to me. i know he don't use resets maybe he feels some kind of guilt if he did, umk3 cyrax his bombs could always otg and same happens on mk9, is are unblockable and resets will keep appearing and thats why they are all legal to use at tourneys, still without resets you will die on 2 of his combos i mean 3 there is always one guaranteed breaker or 2 per round. i dont need combo resets to win matches with cyrax, i just use my character best tools to win, my advice to mustard is use your character at his full potential and give us some good show blowing up afoxy grandpa with a 75% dmg combo =) i would love to see his face after the combo, good night!!

Theme

Noob
While I agree that the resets are quite ridiculous, I love them. Would I be upset if they removed the resets? You betcha, but honestly, its warranted. The reset makes the game look weak, and besides, they weren't suppose to exist in the first place. I love doing the reset and watching my friends jaws drop, but when the day comes that they finally fix Cyrax for good, is the day I really take him seriously.

Dont worry Maxter i have heaps of new tech for cyrax that i think you will like. Hang in there bro.
Speaking of said tech, when are you releasing the video? I remember you said in a week or two, that was a week ago. Im so giddy and excited lol. New tech always fun to discover and try out for the first time... especially when its for Cyrax, the damage beast lol.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Speaking of said tech, when are you releasing the video? I remember you said in a week or two, that was a week ago. Im so giddy and excited lol. New tech always fun to discover and try out for the first time... especially when its for Cyrax, the damage beast lol.
Its basically ready now. Im just waiting on the go ahead from a certain cyrax master ;) The hardest part about this video is going to be explaining all the tech. some of it is very complex and needs to be explained in detail.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I'm sorry, but Cyrax is one of the most persistent problems in the game and makes the game look so stupid at times. I actually thinking back to Season's Beatings with you match against ChrisG. It wasn't a good look.
That specific combo is escapable, asking for stuff like that to be nerfed is asking for the wrong stuff to be taken out.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
I'm not calling for Cyrax to get nerfed but he does need to be adjusted. The damage re-scale glitches are making this game silly. Cyrax's damage is silly.

I commentate for many different games in the UK and this game can be so visually displeasing because of the BS damage, moves whiffing for no reason, X-Ray ending up behind opponents and still comboing (Skarlet). I love the game so I take the good with the bad, but it just doesn't look polished at high level play. We have Marvel with people getting killed in one combo. Blazblue, where you can lose 70% of your health being in the corner (my best friends are Kyzertron and Kiba of the BB scene). Street Fighter with Yun tapping buttons into 50% and still none of these things leave the same bad taste in the communities mouth as this game does.

Maxter, I watched Mortal Monday. You talked about Jax being too strong and needing to be nerfed. You actually did say that. Yes, Jax's buff's have been a little excessive but there is no way the most bs character in the game. Jax's damage exploits need to go. I used to justify them but I would easily trade that stupidity for F+2, 2, B+1 being a true launcher. Yes, you're right. F+4,1,3 does need to be adjusted and I hope it does.

Me talking about Mustard isn't childish. I appreciate you're going to abuse everything in order to make your character as viable as possible, but if it was gone tomorrow would you really be that surprised. Actually, everytime something BS is found for a character. The Defenders of Earthrealm fly out and tell everyone that the character would be ass without it. It's happened with Cyrax on so many occasions. It happened with Mileena's D+4. It's happening now with Smoke's damage glitch and Kabal's zoing.

Careecrika, yes it's escapable. But everyone gets their back up because we've seen so many similar looking inescapable situation before.

If all the BS in this game made it more fun to watch and enjoy. Then I could at least attempt to live with it. Unfortunately, it doesn't and if we want this game to be appreciated outside of the people playing (which is a minority comparatively to other games) then we just have to accept the fact that toning down the game as a whole is the way to go.

Go and ask you friends that regularly attend tournaments for the more mainstream games and ask them why they aren't playing this one. It'll be stuff like "Cyrax", "That dude Kung Lao" "Throw Breaking is dumb" "It's too glitchy" "Wakeup makes no sense".

I not quitting the game anytime soon. It's too special to me, but it's pretty fucked.

Flagg

Noob
I think what some of you are forgetting, is that Cyrax needs meter for a lot of his uber combos.

And yeah his net is annoying, but his bombs can be overcome by characters with dash moves like Jade, NW, Baraka and Cage to use examples. Teleport around his bombs if you have a character that can do that.

Also, don't be in too much of a hurry to use meter. Save it for breakers in your match against Cyrax. Remember, Cyrax players DO save their meter, for combos, so they're likely going to eat a combo when you punish them. If they do breaker out, you're now free to pressure more as being caught in a net wont be anywhere near as damaging.

Just my $0:02

Maxter

Noob
dmg control

you are right on some stuff you say. mortal kombat 9 got guaranteed breakers, ive got my combos broken twice and even thrice a round depends how you play your chars, and is true that if cyrax gets you in a situation with no meters he will blast you for sure, i'm not gonna make this long, btw i got to talk to people from other community and the only character who hypes them up is cyrax crazy combos, yesterday one guy from mvc and ae said he will buy this game just to play with cyrax because he love his combos, also on the big screen of the top 8 you see peopl efrom other communities not hyped at all but when cyrax is doing those combo video even their jaws drop down, you must be a jax player i assume. cyrax will be always a broken character for other people's eyes, i assure you after net reset is gone and they might break the net and some of its properties when close to bombs, another tech to reset combos will emerge so all the cries will continue, maybe nrs wanted cyrax to be this way, btw i'm more lethal with sektor than cyrax i just want cyrax to win a major here, but people here are too tough and not even combo resets affect them, i also have a meterless 60% dmg combo with sektor, making him the highest damage dealer with no meter in the game. i could educate people how to beat cyrax with their eyes close but is useless really, after the hot fix people will cry because cyrax will do way more dmg now with some other new techs, so stop complainting about the cyborg, he cant be fixed get over it. good night

NariTuba

disMember
Honestly I dont think Cyrax can be fixed... the design is too ambitious, and NRS hasn't been able to handle it on the programming end. I just hope they are able to get the character to a point where its not banned from tournaments or neutered bottom tier. Cyrax is just one of the problems this game has on the programming level... (input bug, netcode, collisions)

As far as the decision making level we got more mistakes. Like Maxter said, the barrage of patches has certainly been excessive, and some of its changes totally random. My hope NRS is taking notes on all this stuff for MK10.

Maxter: ExAAthrow que los haga rebotar como Sektor! ;)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
you are right on some stuff you say. mortal kombat 9 got guaranteed breakers
Meter in this game isnt meant purely to break OP Cyrax combos though. Fair enough if you get caught in a legitimate combo you can break, but why should we HAVE to break them or die? Meaning that characters that have important uses for their meter wont be able to use it out of fear of losing 75% in one combo.

Once Jax loses that random frame advantage on F413 he'll be ok. He's just as punishable as anybody else, just not in a conventional manner.