What's new

will nrs keep breaking cyrax?

Maxter

Noob
i know cyrax is a very controversial character but he will never be the same after all these nerfs and changes he is being through just to avoid bombs to otg, this is a list of what i can remember,

command grab: command grab was nerfed supposedly to avoid a guaranteed bomb trap, they nerfed the stagger of it and also made like 9 more frames easier to tech out of it so it was 2 nerfs on one move, cyrax dont have low starting combos and all of his strings are punnishable by a ducking poke on start up but the 3,3 which is not hit confirmable, thats why i guess command grab was one of his best tools, now if they made it so easy to tech out of why they also remove the stagger so cyrax cant bomb trap?

net: recovery dont know how much frames, now most of the cast can hit cyrax from long range and have time to block because cyrax cant recover faster to throw nets.

forward back punch: f2 used to be such a nice move in which cyrax could also start another bomb trap, at least this move was legit and dmg wasnt that great starting a bomb trap with it, it had a nice block stunt that left cyrax on frame advantage to do his strings, also this move is too slow why nerfed the properties it had?

ex ragdoll: ex ragdoll had auto correction on it , if on wake up your opponents tried to jump around you the ex ragdoll will correct to side your opponent jump and you could use this and the throw to decide where to place your opponents, this also was another unnecessary nerfs that helped cyrax a bunch, kano still has his auto correction ex up ball, and i dont believe this was a glitch.

buzzaw: we know buzzaw got way better because now is an overhead and recover faster, it was really an useless move only good to start resets, guess what? it was a good move the way it was on close bomb setups, becasue your opponents couldnt punish you while the saw was active and if they got hit by the saw the bomb will pop them up, and you could start your combos from there, now since nrs programers didnt know how to fix the move to not reset the combos they just made bombs not to hit when oppoents were hit by the buzzaw, i used this move a bunch when doing a close bomb because i knew i wouldnt be punish by combos and saw will get them into the bomb so they get the combos

first net and second net stagger: to avoid opponents from waking up and get them to a 50/50 situation, this is also another nerfs on cyrax net, which is ridicoulous,

bombs otg: now a lot of avoidable setups, done by rolls or wake attacks dont work because bomb dont otg they way it used to, you can test after the ex bomb, into a midd bomb, you go for the 33 string, if they dont roll out bomb used to otg, but now it doesnt and also with a lot of other moves.

also now cyrax back 2 on combos glitch sometimes on standing opponents and sometimes in the air, in which the second hit dont register and oppoents cant block, there are also other glitches happening to cyrax, on some other moves, but i have said enough already and as you can see cyrax have been the character with most nerfs so far on this game and lot of these nerf is to avoid guaranteed bomb resets, cyrax is not a piece of what he was on first patch, and these changes have affected his performance a lot, i hope they bring him back to was he was, maybe remove the resets, maybe now if you on on a situation in which you get your opponents with a net after dropping a bomb by them and you were hit by a projectile, since you dont have time to teleport and punish the bomb will hit them out of the net for you and you can maybe start a combo string after, now if bomb dont hit on nets to avoid resets on next hotfix, this wil also will hurt cyrax a lot because this scenario happens a lot, i play with a lot of character but cyrax have always being my main, i still believe he is a good characters, but he is not a top tier as people believe he is, he is only a top tier for players who dont know the match up, or dont have enough experience againts him, i could drop cyrax as my main and after so many hour invested on that cyborg and go to my other character, but the simple fact of thinking about it i making me wanting to quit this game and forgot about all this bull crap, nrs really fucked it up bad modifying this game so much so early, some friends are quitting and i will be on the same boat soon.

any changes you know about or i didnt post, feel free to post it here, also you can correct me if i'm wrong on some of these stuff, and just remember most of these changes are to avoid guaranteed bomb setups, but are really hurting the character in other ways,

1) air net bomb trap... no meter... 60%

^^75% with one bar (do the net as they are as high up as possible from the ex-bomb)

2) the one i complimented you on last friday, is your net recovery into jump in punch~command grab. too good.

3) b2 plant or njp plant to bypass bombs after using them in combos. near wall (or midscreen i guess...)

4) shorter njp height when canceled into teleport afterwards (as seen in my MK:Sacrifice video)

5) breaker combo setups in air or even on ground. on ground after net: jump in 21~bomb... if they attack = breaker into bomb.

6) frame advantage glitch on ragdoll depending on which frame it hits (not confirmed... just a observation)

7) tag with shang... shang morph to cyrax. shang as cyrax does 21 net... tag in cyrax and cyrax can do a bomb during the net. you can also tag assist while shang is still morphed as cyrax, but shang will do the ex bomb as shang and not cyrax. (works with scorpion hellfire, sub freeze, kratos arrows, kung laos hat, and more.. funny. found this last night)

maxter - please remember to call me to chill sometime.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Don't go, Max.
You and Mustard are the two guys more than anyone who kicked enough ass to make wanna kick substantial amounts of ass with Cyrax.
Granted, this game is FAR different than it was Day 1, and I understand why people are jumping ship, especially if you flew a Lao or Sub flag, I'm just :('d by the thought of the bigger dogs in the yard finding somewhere else to bark.

NRS as been too quick to make changes and players have been too quick to call foul. People haven't separated "potential" from "ability." Cyrax has the potential to do some crazy damage, but his ability to inflict that damage rests in the players at hand. People see a combo video and flip the fuck out.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I agree with that post. Maxter is one of the most fun players to watch.
The first time I ever saw a Max Reset (cool name, no?), I was in the middle of a McChicken.
I must've sat there a good 20 seconds with my jaw dropped before I realized I had to finish chewing.

NRS as been too quick to make changes and players have been too quick to call foul. People haven't separated "potential" from "ability." Cyrax has the potential to do some crazy damage, but his ability to inflict that damage rests in the players at hand. People see a combo video and flip the fuck out.
And how much can NW do with one bar?

And how much can NW do with one bar?
No fighting game is going to be perfectly balanced so long as there is more than one character.

But to answer you question; I don't know. I'm not that familiar with Nightwolf. What I do know is that I would much rather see NRS buff the weaker characters than nerf the stronger characters. All other things equal, I would much rather see characters like Nightwolf do more damage than Cyrax do less.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Nightwolf has some of the best Keep Cyrax Out/anti-startup tools in the game.
Hatchets for up close, Shoulder Rushes for midscreen that come out faster than ANYTHING Cyrax can fire at him, EX Rushes and Lightning for anti-zoning; granted, he can't Reflect the Net back, but he can at least absorb it.

Not the worst matchup for NW, not even close.
On the off chance I get to play my brother's, he catches on to my patterns and I eat Wolf.

No fighting game is going to be perfectly balanced so long as there is more than one character.

But to answer you question; I don't know. I'm not that familiar with Nightwolf. What I do know is that I would much rather see NRS buff the weaker characters than nerf the stronger characters. All other things equal, I would much rather see characters like Nightwolf do more damage than Cyrax do less.
The point i was making was that no character, not even lao can do his damage. Sure you have to learn the combos but to get someone in them
You only have to hit a net.

The point i was making was that no character, not even lao can do his damage. Sure you have to learn the combos but to get someone in them
And all Sektor has to do to get well over 50% is to land an Up Missile. "All you have to do" makes it sound like a guarantee.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
But that's the point; Everyone has their own advantages.
Just because a character can't put out mass damage doesn't mean they can't pick you apart in their own way.
Kitana can murder you damage-wise, Noob can Clone you all day if you can't outzone him, Raiden can Teleport out of just about any precarious situation...
Yes, Cyrax has a lot leaning in his favor, but he's also one of the easiest to predict, unlike, say, Sonya/Cage/Scorpion/Lao with their mixups or Sektor with his rockets & TU's.

All people do is be uneducated and just guauge MK9 and its respective cast by fucking damage output to measure the viability and usefulness of a character. Seriously STFU.

Honestly I don't think NRS gives a rat's ass. They and Warner sold their 3 million + copies and made a ton off of us. They're working on MK10 now and know the lemmings will lineup to buy that too.

swag1

EX smash solves all
pretty frustrating how they keep changing him up then feels like we gotta learn him again

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
hes still a more than viable character man, im sure you of all people know that, his nerfs are justified, im sorry but i simply refuse to believe that this character NEEDS a 50% guaranteed off a throw and 70% guaranteed off a net, i just cant see it that way.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think the point is that a lot of the tourney/high-level/dedicated players are sick of arguments like this leading to constant change and alterations to the game; not necessarily because change in certain places isn't needed, but mostly because it's easier to satisfy the angry clamoring with patches than leave things be and let the battle go on as is.
Cyrax just happens to be the most popular target, in spite of not being anywhere close to unbeatable.
He's a leaky boat, but he's not the only one in the harbor.
But he is the coolest looking.
Gold-plated. With gilded grenade doorknobs.
And an all Nas-and-Bob-Marley soundtrack that plays 24-7.

"Condiment Soldiaaah,
Dreadlocked Rasta,
Won a show in Englaaaand,
Maybe soon in America."

:moonwalk:

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I think the point is that a lot of the tourney/high-level/dedicated players are sick of arguments like this leading to constant change and alterations to the game; not necessarily because change in certain places isn't needed, but mostly because it's easier to satisfy the angry clamoring with patches than leave things be and let the battle go on as is.
Cyrax just happens to be the most popular target, in spite of not being anywhere close to unbeatable.
He's a leaky boat, but he's not the only one in the harbor.
But he is the coolest looking.
Gold-plated. With gilded grenade doorknobs.
And an all Nas-and-Bob-Marley soundtrack that plays 24-7.

"Condiment Soldiaaah,
Dreadlocked Rasta,
Won a show in Englaaaand,
Maybe soon in America."

:moonwalk:
im not sure i understand what you just said, did you just say that they nerfed cyrax just because people get angry about him?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont get it. All the changes have made him better, except they're just getting rid of his stupid inescapable resets and bomb traps

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
im not sure i understand what you just said, did you just say that they nerfed cyrax just because people get angry about him?
No, nonono, I meant that the players are angry at the constant nerfing/changes in general - dash nerf, wakeup armor, specials armor, etc. - and that's what's been turning people off/turning people away. And when it comes to the subject of nerfs and changes, he's had a bunch. Not debating the goods and evils, just that there've been a substantial amount of changes made to him since Day 1.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Love you maxter but i personally think this character is the best in the game even without the net resets and all the nerfs. I understand your stand on wanting this character left alone but he still has so many options.