What's new

General/Other - Swarm Queen Why the second D'Vorah nerf is unnecessary

Is the second nerf necessary?

• Total voters

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The tightness of these links really makes you question the robustness of your controller. I can play the other characters on different sticks/controllers but for D'Vorah I can only get the tight WGC on one particular stick using a button mapping that is only unique to her. I am going to have to dual mod that stick for tournaments with a hori ps4 pad because its an Xbone stick. Kind of ridiculous.

I don't think you understand what this thread is about.

Balancing around difficulty is a bad idea imo because it (usually)doesn't solve the actual problem with a character. And like I said, I highly doubt that it was intentional since it's likely the side effect of a different change they were trying to make.

This specific change doesn't make her any worse or better. She still has the same exact 50/50 and 7 frame punish, and soon enough the players who have been using her will be able to consistently do them again in tournaments.

It simply doesn't change a thing about her strength aside from making her less accessible to other players and annoying others who already put in the work, thus no real balancing has been accomplished and the character remains as strong as ever.
Au contraire friendo, it's always "its the player" when someone is winning but "the character" when someone is losing.