What's new

Why the MK community should FULLY support MLG.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Since the mk community is so hated on by the rest of the fg community, and we just cannot co-exist, this is our way to really overcome this. The sf community wants MK to fail. MK will continue to get shit on at community tournaments. Just read OJuggernautO thread here, it will explain all of this. http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-hate-for-the-mk-community.13769/

Also, community tournaments are great and all but MLG pays out a good sizeable amount to a lot of players and there is more of a future in MLG than these community tournamnets. Community events have been the same for over 10 years and it will not change and the format is outdated. @Osu 16bit, I know your pretty pissed off about the first MLG tournament being held around the same time as Final Round and PowerUp. I understand where your coming from because up to this point the community events are all we had. But dont you and the rest of our community believe that a MLG event is more important? I understand that EVO is a highly prestigious event, and its our world tournament, but shouldn't money matter? I've seen alot of people looking for NRS to support MK at the community events, but it doesnt look like they will. Alot of people believe that if we had higher paying tournaments we wouldnt have lost so many great players like Justin Wong for example. A MLG circuit event will have a higher payout than evo for MK. And there is more oppurtunity for us at MLG. I know how awesome it was for us that mk was announced at evo a month ago, so I'm not saying fuck evo, I still fully support evo. But shouldnt MLG have priority? I'm just saying that WE CAN NOT LET THIS FLOP. We should continue supporting the community events but as a community, we need to figure out how we are going to go about doing this, how can we do both? Can we do both? When we have a choice to go to EVO or a MLG event, which one will our community choose and why? We are all in this together, and if we split, we will let both events fail.

Alot of people believe that if we had higher paying tournaments we wouldnt have lost so many great players like Justin Wong for example. A MLG circuit event will have a higher payout than evo for MK.
I bet MLG will bring Tokido, Daigo and all those greedy japanese bastards to MK9.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I'm happy for MK9 being accepted at MLG and all, but not going to EVO because MLG is paying out more seems like a really bad choice for the community.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
No, I'm not saying that. They havent announced the full circuit yet. What I'm saying is MLG should have priority over all community events.

Saying MK cannot co-exist with the rest of the FGC is ridiculous. Yeah, lots of sf players don't like the game, but that's it. They don't like the GAME. They got nothing against the mk community and if they do, they need to get their priorities straight. Anyone who wants the MK scene to fail needs to see the positives in life. You think the FGC is seperate and divided but it's really not, we go to all the community events together and when there's a problem happening, we all get outraged. Remember when sp00ky got his recording equipment confiscated? Everyone got pissed, no sf player is gonna go "this is our problem, not yours".

And just because we got picked up at MLG doesn't mean we can start acting like we don't need the rest of the FGC, or that we're better, or that we can even thrive. Capcom has more players and more competitive fans and that's a fact. Then there's the rest of the FGs, tekken, SC, DOA, BB, arcana heart, etc. Don't forget that it's just mk9 at MLG and not umk3.

Of course everyone is going to fully support MLG.

But all the events count, no matter how little the payout. They all help MK.

Dude, we need the support of the other fighting game community too. In florida here, I have very nice people (from brawl, mvc3, sf4) helping me build a mk scene here. Ive talked to many players, not a lot of people hate MK and they willing to support it. I actually got a lot of players from brawl to join mk

Would also like to add that there's only a potential future in MLG. We don't know if it's better, nor will it even exist. At least with community events, they'll always be there.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Saying MK cannot co-exist with the rest of the FGC is ridiculous. Yeah, lots of sf players don't like the game, but that's it. They don't like the GAME. They got nothing against the mk community and if they do, they need to get their priorities straight. Anyone who wants the MK scene to fail needs to see the positives in life. You think the FGC is seperate and divided but it's really not, we go to all the community events together and when there's a problem happening, we all get outraged. Remember when sp00ky got his recording equipment confiscated? Everyone got pissed, no sf player is gonna go "this is our problem, not yours".

And just because we got picked up at MLG doesn't mean we can start acting like we don't need the rest of the FGC, or that we're better, or that we can even thrive. Capcom has more players and more competitive fans and that's a fact. Then there's the rest of the FGs, tekken, SC, DOA, BB, arcana heart, etc. Don't forget that it's just mk9 at MLG and not umk3.
your right it is rediculous but it does seem that way. Mk just gets shafted at community events and the hate the community gets for no reason is rediculous.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The short notice makes me think this will have a low turnout. A lot of people already have other travel plans, including plane tickets to Final Round. The prize money isn't enough because only a handful of elite players have a good enough chance to be worth gambling on.

Evo is more important. Even if MLG is a success we still need community events and EVO is key to that. Also personally I'd rather be Evo champion than MLG champion.

your right it is rediculous but it does seem that way. Mk just gets shafted at community events and the hate the community gets for no reason is rediculous.
To be honest with you if we support the sf, mvc3 and brawl community. They will help us out a lot, well they have always supported me. Maybe they arent that nice in other states

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
Dude, we need the support of the other fighting game community too. In florida here, I have very nice people (from brawl, mvc3, sf4) helping me build a mk scene here. Ive talked to many players, not a lot of people hate MK and they willing to support it. I actually got a lot of players from brawl to join mk
I agree with you, thats why I said we need to continue to support the community events.

I was actually talking to JT Circus (4th placer at CEO last year) today, and we were like "if MK10 comes out with most of the glitches are gone and the same fighting mechanics, the scene is going to explode". IM EXCITED

I think most players left the game because mainly because of glitches man not because of the payout. I mean when I saw the smoke reset+invin, I wanted to quit the game but I love it so much to do so lol

jamessmk

I am your god
As a community, we need to keep in perspective where we are, and where we want to go? Storm if you could put up a vote on this just to give people a lil direction on where we all want to go as a community. EVO or MLG

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
Lets focus on making MK's introduction into MLG successful first. We need some big numbers for them to consider picking us up for their season.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is just for the Winter Championship. If this is a success they might pick up MK for a whole season. Like when they did Tekken it was a series of tournaments and then a big one at the end.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
MLG is way better than the stuff we got going on now tbh, its regular and more recognised. Likely to have better payouts and once its picked up will have more stream time than we already get, which isnt enough.

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
This is just for the Winter Championship. If this is a success they might pick up MK for a whole season. Like when they did Tekken it was a series of tournaments and then a big one at the end.
Oh! Well, I still think everybody and their momma needs to show up. So we can get that whole season. And if the community has to choose between PowerUp and MLG then MLG should be the choice in my opinion. I know its an evo qualifier and all but if your'e good like you are 16 Bit then you should have no worries.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
FFS every game has glitches and some problems no game is perfect.I find it kinda ironic that the people who left MK cause of glitches and resets went off to play fucking umvc3.I mean really?Yea that games not cheap or broken at all.Especially when you get hit just one time you might as well put your controller down.So I dont wanna hear oh MK has glitches when theres other games out there that are 10x worse.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have to admit MLG in march definitely puts a cog in my "am I going to power up or flawless victory" thoughts

A few questions:

Is MK 100% guaranteed to be at MLG in march?
What are projected pay outs?
What are the rules?
Stream?

I need to know this