What's new

Why do you use the character you use?

dendeno9

Noob
Because Cyblax has so much swag.
Because Freddy is a scary badass.
Because HOOOOOOO after nut punch is the coolest thing ever.
Because ice clone freezes people in the most hilarious positions.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Art and ChrisG inspired me back in the day to pick up Reptile.But now that all the gimmicks are over he just doesn't fit my play footsies and punish heavily style anymore due to his clunkyness.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ermac, beacuse his combos have teleports like umk3, he just fights super old school. not to mention his swag is limitless

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Kung Lao was the first character I remembered playing in the entire series, I didn't main him to begin this game because my lil bro did.

Cage because i'm sure i'd hate him if he were real, but in a game he's hilarious.
Kabal because asthma crack head dash lol.

zaf

professor
KL was my favourite character when I watched conquest when I was a kiddie.
Rain was one of my favourite fight scenes in it too.

Cage & Sonya grew on me at from this MK
Shangs stuff looks cool.
Rain was in mk konquest?
Damn i dont remember that episode

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
used to play noob cuz hes sick

then i played kabal cuz im a dick

now i play kenshi cuz i wanted to take up Pig Of The Hut challenge saying he wasnt the most braindead character in the game(he most definitley is not)
Off topic, who do you think is? I mean between the two of us we have played pretty much all the "brain dead" characters. Probably Sonya?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I main Kung Lao because he has always been one my favorite Mortal Kombat characters, and he was the very first character I started using day 1 when MK9 came out.

I started maining Sonya because she was kind of always one of my favorite female characters, and I realized how good she was in the game and she covers some of Lao's harder or annoying matchups well.

I started maining Cyrax kind of recently because everyone use to always downplay the fuck out of Cyrax, I seriously use to say Cyrax was like top 3 in this game ever since 2011, I didn't just start saying that shit like a lot of people have. I use to hear people seriously say "I think Cyrax is top 10 or maybe top 15." I was like WHAT?! FUCK NO lol. So I kind of just started using him to show people how good he was than I ended up sort of maining him :) I'm starting to use Cyblax alot now too

Matix218

Get over here!
I ask myself that every day..

Lol, yea. Jade just fits my playstyle. I'm not terrible aggressive enough to do someone like Johnny or Sonya justice. I tent to favor counter heavy characters like her and Baraka. And I really hate being zoned.
Based on this you might actually like trying smoke. He counters/whiff punishes hard with B23 which leads to massively damaging combos (especially with meter for the f4 reset) and also has one of the most effective anti-airs with standing 2 into full combo/reset. Also if you hate being zoned smokes shake would be your best friend. Also you can play a less aggressive game with him and just punish hard, or if you want you can be more aggressive because he has great pokes and an awesome d4 and great pressure off of throws so you can kind of play him in between aggressive and turtle-y depending on the situation/preference.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I really wanted to play Smoke and Noob when the game dropped because they are two of my favorites... but I hated that they made Noob a zoning character so I picked up Cage pretty quickly because he is right up there on my favorite char list. I dropped Cage for a while and invested a lot of time into Smoke before picking him up again after MLG Cbus. Reptile is one of my favorite characters also, but no matter how many times I tried to play him I was never really feeling it.

I am in the middle of learning Sonya now and also play Kenshi but those two are strictly straight up tier-whoring.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Noob has this weird appeal making you want to keep playing as him. He's the glitchiest character(GE, Shadow Glitches, Lord of Shadow Blackhole Glitch), has great moveset(fuck ghostball though), and high damage combos(45% Midscreen and 63% Wall.)

I was a big fan of MK Mythologies and seeing his whole background story is a huge plus. Noob arguably gives the most fun and enjoyment to play.
what umean 45% midscreen? o-0

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I was maining Jade because I love her and wanted to get her props and wanted to prove that she's amazing. Instead, my "reward" for the crimes dedication and optimism were constant bullying and being hated on.
Been in the lab with Kitana. I originally picked her up and then dropped her for Jade.
In hindsight, I shouldn't have.

Fixing that mistake now. Europe is getting a new top kitana.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Cyrax was the very first character I ever played in Mortal Kombat anything. That was back in '98 and I haven't looked back since

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I played Jade in UMK3 because she had Cage's shadow kick, the coolest special in MK history.
MK9 - costume 2 panties, 'nuff said.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I'll start in order of when I played them seriously:

Stryker because whilst at NRS, Krayzie and I were literally laughing our asses off at this character. He was so fun and I had to main him. When the game first came out, I won a local tournament with Stryker and got one of those huge MK9 stick+game combos for it.

Jade because she was so broken at NRS when we were testing there. After extensive time with her, I noticed that she had been nerfed hard and dropped her.

Then I wanted to win... so:

Kitana because of her damage and her play style fits me perfectly.

Kabal because of that fgtnoop Kenshi... and after three long attempts to learn the character (bleeding fingers... no lie), he just sort of "clicked."

Noob because he is MK1 Sub-Zero and he is so fun to play... dat corner rape!