What's new

General/Other - Deceptive Why Deceptive variation is GOOD

ManBatHorse

Syzoth of the Devil Reef
Ice Moves

There are, literally, no cooler moves in the game. :p

Buuuut, in all seriousness... I want to give him a shot but it always feels like I can never get the invis out. And that damn maskless face :(
Kraken Reptile looks really good maskless and awful when wearing the mask. And he's got the best butt in the game. The alternative color is even better. Try it

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I think with the 34/d3 buffs this variation definitely got way way better. However it's very hard to use it effectively. I agree that you can't base whether a character is good or bad based on gimmicks that work on some people, you should test it against high level competition.
I still think Nimble is the way to go though, it still adds way more offensive value that the other 2.
Good post. Hopefully, most understand the reptile is a good character. Can someone please explain to me why reptile isn't good?
He is good it's just people thinking it's the character and not them. He has a few bad match ups but nothing too bad.

Also Kraken is the best costume in the game hands down.

Kalaise

Noob
I think with the 34/d3 buffs this variation definitely got way way better. However it's very hard to use it effectively. I agree that you can't base whether a character is good or bad based on gimmicks that work on some people, you should test it against high level competition.
I still think Nimble is the way to go though, it still adds way more offensive value that the other 2.

He is good it's just people thinking it's the character and not them. He has a few bad match ups but nothing too bad.

Also Kraken is the best costume in the game hands down.
The only competition I base this on is a local I attended twice and perfect legend when I get the chance to play him, but it's online so I know it wouldn't work as well as if I played him offline. As for now I have no competition around me so I guess it sucks to suck :/

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
The only competition I base this on is a local I attended twice and perfect legend when I get the chance to play him, but it's online so I know it wouldn't work as well as if I played him offline. As for now I have no competition around me so I guess it sucks to suck :/
Maybe we can play this weekend if @G4S Claude VonStroke sets something up.

Israel

Noob
There's a big difference between being invisible and being cloaked.
Ok, ur kinda right on that.
but im sure u can agree that there is a big difference between being able to fight cloaked for a duration of time, and only being able to do so while being untouched.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Ok, ur kinda right on that.
but im sure u can agree that there is a big difference between being able to fight cloaked for a duration of time, and only being able to do so while being untouched.
Idk, cloaking seems kind of useless since you can actually see him. Being fully invisible actually gives you an advantage as they cannot see what pokes/strings you are using, or exactly where you are on the screen.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Idk, cloaking seems kind of useless since you can actually see him. Being fully invisible actually gives you an advantage as they cannot see what pokes/strings you are using, or exactly where you are on the screen.
This

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Buddy, just deal with the fact that it's you lol there's no shame in asking for help.
Lol he's bad.. When my 10 min liu kang does better than a 3 month reptile, you know there is a problem.

Why is it there is absolutely no one representing the character at tournaments. What have you done with this character to show he is good. Besides maaaybe goro he has the least representation in top 16s in tourney. It's not me, he is bad.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
If reptile can go invisible mid combo and still combos the opponent, im maining him then.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Buddy, just deal with the fact that it's you lol there's no shame in asking for help.
Also stop being so condescending. You are no where near a good of enough player to always be slyly talking down to me. You think he is good? Then go prove it. There is a scene where you live

Israel

Noob
i believe cloaking matters. cuz if i can go cloak and i start staggering a 1,1 or 21, it just adds more confusion. Now...in those predator vids' i havents seen him go completley invis because it was just the AI. but what IF he CAN... then what? lol everyones in trouble.

Im gonna play him 2ndary...but the mear fact that he can go cloak and fight...leaves no justice for deceptive reptile

Israel

Noob
i just dont believe cloaking matters if u can just knock me out of it, even on block. THIS is what doesnt make effective. Let them change it...and ill be switching variations real quick..

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
Lol deceptive is so pointless. Let's not forget that teleports still track when he's invisible and projectiles kill it on block. The only way to make this variation viable is to either give him the damage buff, a speed boost or at least a hit of armor when fully invisible.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
i believe cloaking matters. cuz if i can go cloak and i start staggering a 1,1 or 21, it just adds more confusion. Now...in those predator vids' i havents seen him go completley invis because it was just the AI. but what IF he CAN... then what? lol everyones in trouble.

Im gonna play him 2ndary...but the mear fact that he can go cloak and fight...leaves no justice for deceptive reptile
I don't think he can go fully invisible. I've seen the CPU do cloak and ex cloak and cloak lasts 5 game seconds, ex lasts twice as long. Seems like a waste of meter unless he gets some other buff along with it. You can see him pretty well while cloaked. It's not that confusing.

Israel

Noob
I don't think he can go fully invisible. I've seen the CPU do cloak and ex cloak and cloak lasts 5 game seconds, ex lasts twice as long. Seems like a waste of meter unless he gets some other buff along with it. You can see him pretty well while cloaked. It's not that confusing.
It may be useless.... it may be not worth it....
but dammit, Deceptive should have those same features! ATLEAST Lol. im sure we can all agree to that.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lol he's bad.. When my 10 min liu kang does better than a 3 month reptile, you know there is a problem.

Why is it there is absolutely no one representing the character at tournaments. What have you done with this character to show he is good. Besides maaaybe goro he has the least representation in top 16s in tourney. It's not me, he is bad.
If your 5 min Kang does better than him you don't understand how you should play Reptile, but you do for Kang (maybe). I don't like bragging, but if my prepatch "garbage" tier Reptile can beat Michelangelo's tournament placer Quan Chi in a FT5 then he can't be that bad. Just in the east coast we have srryimwhite, citizensnips, me, rapzilla, coach steve and a couple of more people from VA. But I guess we're all "no one".
Also stop being so condescending. You are no where near a good of enough player to always be slyly talking down to me. You think he is good? Then go prove it. There is a scene where you live
I've placed top 8 at every regional and local tournament. Boo hoo I get brackets of death at the 2 majors I've been to, who gives a shit. I literally just got 2nd at xbattles side tourneycrap (left work at 5 invitational started at 3:30 :/) and this is all with prepatch reptile.

Every single thing you post is in these forums is about how bad reptile is, even though Fraud blank, me, aj, haketh and a bunch of other people tell you that he's not absolute dogshit and even less now that they fixed some of his issues you're still saying it. Play a real bottom tier in another game and then come back, seriously. I have to wonder who the hell do you play against that apparently rekts your reptile every time.

If you're so adamant on showing me how bad he is and how much you understanding way beyond anyone in this forum, then money match me in the mirror at evo.

Last edited:

Kalaise

Noob
If your 5 min Kang does better than him you don't understand how you should play Reptile, but you do for Kang (maybe). I don't like bragging, but if my prepatch "garbage" tier Reptile can beat Michelangelo's tournament placer Quan Chi in a FT5 then he can't be that bad. Just in the east coast we have srryimwhite, citizensnips, me, rapzilla, coach steve and a couple of more people from VA. But I guess we're all "no one".

I've placed top 8 at every regional and local tournament. Boo hoo I get brackets of death at the 2 majors I've been to, who gives a shit. I literally just got 2nd at xbattles side tourneycrap (left work at 5 invitational started at 3:30 :/) and this is all with prepatch reptile.

Every single thing you post is in these forums is about how bad reptile is, even though Fraud blank, me, aj, haketh and a bunch of other people tell you that he's not absolute dogshit and even less now that they fixed some of his issues you're still saying it. Play a real bottom tier in another game and then come back, seriously. I have to wonder who the hell do you play against that apparently rekts your reptile every time.

If you're so adamant on showing me how bad he is and how much you understanding way beyond anyone in this forum, then money match me in the mirror at evo.
can you and I mirror match for pride? lol