What's new

Question Why aren't you a top player/what is your skill level with your main?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Sonya: 5
Freddy: 4
Cyrax: 3

I'm just new to the game. I can do my Sonya combos but I'm slow to make reads. I throw a lot of d4>ms lol. I get divekick blocked too much and I fall for stupid shit because I'm new and uncomfortable punishing bad footsies.

I know the crazy Cyrax reset combos and I usually capitalize on any opening but my footsies and zoning game is ass with Cyrax.

I more or less get Freddy but I'm not as on point as players like m2dave. I try to rush down way too much with him when I feel like I'm getting counterzoned.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
those of u who have 8 characters on their list should really try to cut that list in half....otherwise u'll only ever be a jack of all trades, master of none....just sayin.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Cyrax-3ish.

Still haven't learned combos well enough. Im getting really good at block pressure though, i teleport way too much, and throw way too many random nets.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I don't adapt as well as others, and I rely too much using unorthodox strats for each character I use as an excuse to think I am unique and am doing things nobody else is.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Eeeehhhh....
Sub:4
Smoke:2
Every other char I play 1.5

I online a lot....too much actually. I don't adapt well and my spacing blows. I prioritize school and internship which means I don't go to my offline scene as often as I want...gotta take advantage when classes are done

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
Mileena: 6
Kitana: 5
Sindel: 4

My reaction time needs to be better and I become predictable. A lot of times I don't trust my own judgement, and I tend to get nervous and drop combos when I fight against more seasoned players. I also do stupid things, like landing a d+4 against Cage and attempting to rush him... wtf was I thinking...

dendeno9

Noob
Main - Cyblax - 6,
Alt - Cage - 5
Characters I experiment with - Freddy, Sub-Zero, Cyber-Sub, Quan-Chi.
Mainly the reason I feel I'm not getting better is because I don't really have all the free time to spend hour(s) trying to nail Cyblax's resets and high damage combos to the point I can use them viably. I can't stand online lag, and my internet connection isn't amazing. All of the friends I play with are at a lower level than me because they don't own the game and don't share as much interest as I do.

SZSR

Noob
Smoke - 1
Sub-Zero - 0.5
Rain - 0.25
Cage - 2

It's because i'm probably one of the most self-sabotaging members in this community. I have the 30 minutes away offline scene, I have good wired internet to practice when there are no meetups. I do have some money to be able to compete.

If I were better with my time, i'd have the time to do everything to get better. And if I actually learned from my mistakes rather than trying to think i'm a good player, i'd actually learn something every time I lose rather than shut down when I lose.

I play by my own rules rather than playing to win and it's gotten me nowhere. I've been to more than a handful of tournaments, I just don't go to locals (which keep in mind, there are some regulars to the locals who live 2 hours further away than i do from the locale).

I have no reason to be as bad as I am. I have the tools laid out before me to get better, I just don't prioritize and manage my time.

I'm my own worst enemy.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Liu Kang: 6.5
Johnny Cage: 5.5
Reptile: 7

I think my biggest weakness is my understanding of fundamentals. I don't have any concrete answer. I mean, if someone were to ask me what the definition of fundamentals were in MK, I'd say "I don't know." since I only have a general idea. My second biggest weakness would be my confidence, which is related to the first reason. Third one would be lack of an offline scene. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't been blown up because of how sure I sound when I theory fight. Last but not least is my AAs, I've had people tell me my spacing is alright, as far as online goes, but I can't AA to save my life.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Liu Kang: 6.5
Johnny Cage: 5.5
Reptile: 7

I think my biggest weakness is my understanding of fundamentals. I don't have any concrete answer. I mean, if someone were to ask me what the definition of fundamentals were in MK, I'd say "I don't know." since I only have a general idea. My second biggest weakness would be my confidence, which is related to the first reason. Third one would be lack of an offline scene. Honestly, I'm surprised I haven't been blown up because of how sure I sound when I theory fight. Last but not least is my AAs, I've had people tell me my spacing is alright, as far as online goes, but I can't AA to save my life.
Your liu Kang and cage are better than your reptile IMO

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Looking back objectively on all my performances in tournament, I tend to choke like no tomorrow if I botch something that would've won me the round/match.

Dealing with online Reptile for 2 straight weeks then having to play Temjiin with a match against Mustard in winners finals on the line at a local tourney just sent my sleep-deprived brain into overload ;_;

Sometimes, I can play jax like a 7, but usually he's a 5
Sometimes I can reptile like a 7 but he's more of a 6-6.5
Kabal.....i'll give him a 4 now.
Liu...is probably a 5

Sometimes I make really really good reads and just do everything right, but there are sooo many times where my brain just derps in the clutch. Idk, I can also get read like a picture book sometimes too.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet: 7
Scorpion: 6
Kitana: 5
Kabal: 3
Noob: 4
Sub-Zero: 3
Sonya: 3
Kung Lao: 4

I think any high level skarlet of the TYM is at the level 7 or 8 of her true power, being that dropping on execution matters be one of the reasons why we're at the level 7 or 8, once we are able to not drop combos, punishers, on point with blockstrings, projectile spamming and reads, everything will be perfect.

I can make very good reads when i main skarlet, Scorpion or Kitana, but the other characters i may have some problems

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
2 things

1: tournament nerves. in casuals i do fantastic ...in tournament i drop every single combo -_-
2: i panic, and when i panic i tend to go back to my online habits and jump around like a moron

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Kitana 8 online / 5 offline
My combos are consistant
I use too many gimmicks
I jump way to much
Skarlet 8 online/ 4 offline
I jumped way to freaking much
I'm to risky

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2