What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

The only problem with this is, that MK X made the biggest profit ever, sold like way better then MK 9. So why would they bother changing it if it made a lot of money for them? It makes no sense from business standpoint. And that's the only point that matter for WB.
They have to upgrade tech eventually. UE3 will cause draw back the more days/years tick by.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
The only problem with this is, that MK X made the biggest profit ever, sold like way better then MK 9. So why would they bother changing it if it made a lot of money for them? It makes no sense from business standpoint. And that's the only point that matter for WB.
I'm not saying it's gonna happen now. MK's "reboot" is too fresh for that.

But just because the game sold well, doesn't mean there wasn't a lot of negative press. MK9 did not nearly have as much negative press except for the netcode. There is such a thing as we both know: "Sales/pre-orders based on hype."

It's not a matter of how, but when basically.

Lemme be clear, I don't want it to happen either.

Immortal

Blind justice....
They have to upgrade tech eventually. UE3 will cause draw back the more days/years tick by.
That's not true, they have source code for UE3 obviously, they can build on it, modified it to without any restrains. With skilled programmers which im sure they have they can make it into anything they want.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
only big issue is leatherface, maybe they have some awesome ideas in store but I cant imagine a legit 3 variation moveset, he isnt even a good rival to jason because jason is nearly invincible, mike meyers could have at least had his car
Leatherface isn't just a dude with a chainsaw. He's a butcher and a cannibal. He's used cleavers, sledgehammers, meat hooks, and his bare fucking hands to kill people in the films. They could easily make three variations out of him.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
MKX is a Grotesque , something that disgusts me , a bad fighting game with a pathetic pseudo Online ESL Tournament that is even more filthy.
Please don't pretend that you like the DLC Gues Characters , leave the Hypocrisy.

E

Eldriken

Ideas beaten to death tend to stop selling after awhile. (See: Guitar Hero/Rock Band which just now after many years got new games, COD, EA published titles such as Battlefront which caused them to lose stock etc...)

Guitar Hero and Rock Band I will give you. But look at Call of Duty. It's stupid how well it STILL sells despite getting a new release annually.

E

Eldriken

MKX is a Grotesque , something that disgusts me , a bad fighting game with a pathetic pseudo Online ESL Tournament that is even more filthy.
Please don't pretend that you like the DLC Gues Characters , leave the Hypocrisy.
So...are you trying to say that since you're disgusted with the guest characters that other people claiming they don't mind them are in fact pretending/lying? That makes no sense. If that's not what you meant, you may want to reword your post.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
3 variations isn't the same as 3 characters, I agree that those jerks at WB probably pulled the strings, but as I see it we have 2 guests, 1 new char (that is hopefully cool and not just a wanna be Sektor, unlike Cassie's for Johnny) and 1 classic. 2 guests and 1 classic. now I'd like the cyborg IF they didn't already waste 2 sposts for guests, but not like this.

at this point, I'm honestly against an eventual KP3, unless it's a story pack.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Guitar Hero and Rock Band I will give you. But look at Call of Duty. It's stupid how well it STILL sells despite getting a new release annually.
It still has lost money since MW3 with each release. It still sells well, because it's Activision's Flagship title to publish.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
So...are you trying to say that since you're disgusted with the guest characters that other people claiming they don't mind them are in fact pretending/lying? That makes no sense. If that's not what you meant, you may want to reword your post.
I know my post sounds ''harsh'' but i don't want to offend people.
I just expressed my ''Opinion'' like the people from ''USA'' , if you know what i mean.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Great post Echo. I personally really like the pack. Cant wait to try out all characters. Though i will be maining Tri-Borg haha.

Thats why i said it won't happen with IGAU2 which is in the works now, for like 8-9 months already.

Also keep in mind UE4 by default doesn't have any rollback netcode adopting that into engine will take a lot of time and money im not even sure if they gonna switch to UE4 if they will bother with it. If not, a side from other improvements we still gonna get subpar netcode.

Also im not sure if they gonna switch to UE4, its WB, profit / costs ratio is all that matters. And switching always takes additional time and money. Im not entirely convinced that WB will see any sense in that move.
How do you know IGAU2 has been in the works?

Immortal

Blind justice....
How do you know IGAU2 has been in the works?
Everybody knows that, they follow the same 2 year release schedule. They started working on it around march just as they finished MK X. Expect first showing / trailer around E3 next year. It's WB they don't pay them for doing nothing and on the other hand its not like NRS has more games.

Not to mention it's also tied to some extent to WB heroes movies promotion. It's all a well thought business.