What's new

who is better Kabal or Raiden?

mk_pros

Banned
hi all.

i am looking for possibly a character switch after seeing Pl Raiden

i currently play Kabal but am not having much progress

who is the better character between the two?

is there any match up charts for the characters so i can compare?

cheers

Tolkeen

/wrists
hi all.

i am looking for possibly a character switch after seeing Pl Raiden

i currently play Kabal but am not having much progress

who is the better character between the two?

is there any match up charts for the characters so i can compare?

cheers
Check the character forums, each one has a character specific match-up chart.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Raiden and Kabal seem equally formidable, but Raiden's got the fewer negative match-ups. I would go with the God of Thunder.

Neither of these characters are easy to play at all, you're going to have to be patient as you learn whoever you choose. Good luck!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Kabal Blows up cyber sub and raiden gets blown up by cyber sub lol thats the only difference i know

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Raiden with his teleport will prevent opponent play the fight in hs style. Zoner cant zone and rusher cant rush. That is the big difference i see between Raiden and rest of the cast.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Kabal Blows up cyber sub and raiden gets blown up by cyber sub lol thats the only difference i know
Why is it that CSZ blows-up Raiden? Admittedly there isn't exactly an army of CSZ players out there, but from my experience I wouldn't word it like that.

Tolkeen

/wrists
Why is it that CSZ blows-up Raiden? Admittedly there isn't exactly an army of CSZ players out there, but from my experience I wouldn't word it like that.
I think it has something to do with being able to ice parry between all of his strings, but until I see it I'm gonna say that's just theory fighting.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I have never had any problems with CSZ as Raiden, though it has been a while since I could play with others. But I don't see how he'd be at a disadvantage, most of Raiden's strings are slow but they aren't THAT slow....

I still believe the only bad matchup for Raiden is Reptile, mostly due to elbow dash shenanigans shutting down teleports. A good, patient, and knowledgeable Raiden is an incredibly hard opponent to overcome.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
CSZ can parry in between raiden strings and auto correct dive kick limit his telport options. Its not in huge advantage but the small stuff makes it a pretty every day match for csz. Ex parry inbetween an attempted string =43+ damage with no meter. The parry is actually quite easy and practical against raiden, i only know that because i do it all day, hell TEST YOUR MIGHT parrys all his shit, hes also a raiden player. Oh and dive kick beats superman LOLZ. Forget about attempting projectiles too, they get dive kicked pretty easy unless its from FULL SCREEN. The risk reward in this matchup isnt too bad either, if i go for a dive kick and he blocks it, he punishes with a low damage move as well. If he gos for a superman and i block it i get full combo. But as always its dependant on player skill and mindgames, it isnt a free win for CSZ but its easier for CSZ to win this fight than it is for raiden.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
CSZ can parry in between raiden strings and auto correct dive kick limit his telport options. Its not in huge advantage but the small stuff makes it a pretty every day match for csz. Ex parry inbetween an attempted string =43+ damage with no meter. The parry is actually quite easy and practical against raiden, i only know that because i do it all day, hell TEST YOUR MIGHT parrys all his shit, hes also a raiden player. Oh and dive kick beats superman LOLZ. Forget about attempting projectiles too. But as always its dependant on player skill and mindgames, it isnt a free win for CSZ but its easier for CSZ to win this fight than it is for raiden.
this analysis makes a lot of sense

IKizzLE

BloodHound
In terms of Matchups, Raiden beats Kabal 6-4.
In terms of tier list, Raiden has no bad matchups and Kabal has a couple(Sektor)
Raiden is 1, Kabal is either 2 or 3

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
...Damn, this is a tough question.

See, this is how Box decides matchups/tough choices such as this:

Raiden wins in damage.
Point: Raiden
Kabal wins in speed.
Point: Kabal.
Raiden edges him out in need for Meter; Need for EX Dash > Need for EX Bolt.
Point: Raiden.
Kabal beats him in mindgames; FS zoning and NDC mixups > escapable corner murder and semi-punishable Teleport.
Raiden's Teleport is still arguably the best and most diverse in its uses in the game.
Kabal can zone like his first name was Discovery. Even against Raiden to an extent, who is considered, for the most part, unzoneable.
Raiden has his awesome MK Deception Evil Raiden suit, AND his 2D MK Red Sash costume.
Kabal ALWAYS has his mask on, even though his 2'nd costume is his pre-crispy police uniform, because he can't shoot a Gas Blast without it.
But Kabal has Hookswords. Raiden is weaponless.
But Kabal STILL has yet to explain to me why I survived Deception's Black Dragon Trial and was NEVER told what the fuck Kochal was.
Minus one point: Kabal.
Whereas Raiden did in the 1st 5 minutes of the game what 64 different endings couldn't do for me in Armageddon: Tell me how it actually ended.

That's a 6-4 advantage for Raiden.

Pick Raiden.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
stop picking what characters u want to play with just because of what tier he is. play with whoever u think its fun to play with. threads like these tilt me