What's new

who is better Kabal or Raiden?

Pagan

Noob
Actually Kabal can do 49% midscreen so I don't think the damage difference is that huge.

As for switching to Raiden he isn't as input crazy as Kabal so you might like him more to be honest.

IIAvirus

Banned
If you wanna know who is better just to choose the better charcter thats lame but im gonna say kabal he has way more tools and a solid pressure game and can punish raiden quite easily I believe raiden has a hard time getting in on kabal when all cable has to do is dash cancel in front of him and pressure but you would really want to feel your opponent out before doing so but that being said they are both really good charcters but kabal really doesn't have bad match-ups if you play him right! cheers!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Put it this way. Kabal's IAF lets him compete with all the best zoning in the game. Ok.

Kabal also has some of the best rushdown in the game, his dash cancels are crazy. Alright.

Kabal has the best mix-ups in the game, every single time he touches you he can end his string with a low buzz saw, an overhead hooksword, or a dash cancel into a another combo string/low/overhead/grab. Or just dash and not cancel, and catch your low poke in his dash. There is like 8 different endings you have to watch out for every single time he touches you. Ridiculous

So with the some of the best zoning, rushdown, AND mixups in the game, how could anyone consider Kabal not the best character in the game? He is amazing in every aspect in the game and has every tool you could want. Who seriously even matches up close with this character? Come on now Raiden is good but not nowhere near Kabal level.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Agreed that kabal is the better character. But the simple fact that Raiden standing in front of you changes everyone's strategy goes pretty far.

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
now the only reason i say this is because, first off he is hands down the best zoner in the game and has the best rush down , you cant jump against a good kabal player he doesnt have to block dash he can just dash anywhere he wants and cancel at that spot. so lets just say he is immune to the dash nerf but everyone else is affected by it, he also has a really fast back dash. and once you finally get in on him and you make one mistake or wrong read he can armor dash and your forced to use breaker for kabals 1 meter that he gets back in the blink of an eye. you kno people shouldn't really underestimate people on life support kabal really has no bad match ups he's almost as good as day 1 kung lao i mean come on he even has a low starter that you can cancel and go into overhead or just dash if it hits. also after back 121 if you poke he can just armor dash your poke and full combo you and once you get use to him doing that he can just start grabbing if you block the armor dash enough everything with him is a 50 50 so tell me how he cant possible be the best in the game. shot out to kabal whoopin everyone on life support ha ha

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
I dont know why all this rant about raiden because one wrong tele he gets blown up every time! and his zoning is shit. and you can react to one of his best strings if he tries to mix up. if you make the right reads against raiden he's not as good as everyone thinks.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Fuck that come see my new anti kabal tech lol dude do you play online at all? I'm on both systems again
anti Kabal tech? there's no way it's any less annoying than getting dive kicked to death as Smoke lol. I only have MK for PS3 and haven't played online in forever but I guess our connection should be pretty good.

KT Smith said:
I actually sacrifice live humans to kabal for this match up lol

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
anti Kabal tech? there's no way it's any less annoying than getting dive kicked to death as Smoke lol. I only have MK for PS3 and haven't played online in forever but I guess our connection should be pretty good.
Our connectionwill be amazing i promise. The tag is ironcrap add me.