What's new

Who in your opinion is the best character in the entire game ?

Who is the best character in the entire game?

• Total voters

N00B

Noob
Even if Kung Lao is the best in the game, its not reason to nerf him, in all fighting games was someone who is the best. Kung Lao deserve to be the best.

Only broken thing what Kung Lao has its j2. J2 range a lit bit needs to be fixed thats all.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
You're only minus 3. Most characters cannot get a guaranteed mid string out because their mid string can still get interrupted by your d4. Which means they often have to go for a poke after hat spin on block, and if you just block that poke its your turn again.

The armor stuff youre talking about makes no sense. Yes you can armor, you can armor all stagger strings and that isnt even a kung lao thing. Just because it isn't guaranteed doesn't mean its not useful, it means its not broken. Im sorry you have to mix it up and not be predictable. Are you really telling people to armor everytime after blocking a move that is -1.

Also you need to mixup 112124 ex hat spin as well, you cant just go for the guaranteed d4 everytime... The other options besides d4 arent guaranteed, does that mean those arent viable options as well?
staggering a legit blockstring wich cant be armored through and mix it up with b2, d4, throw and why not f2, it's another matter. if you try to armor on 11 and the KL goes for 112124 you're gonna get full combo'd, so this pretty much makes it scarier to press a button.

if i know the KL player WILL go for anything besides blocking after a f2 on block, ill sure armor, cause everything he will do after will get blown up by it. there are plenty of characters with relatively safe armor, so making a KL block or back up after a f2 it's a win in my book.

If you keep leeting KLs get away with stagger f2 then it's on you.

and btw, i dont often see mids being low profiled by d4, so im quite ignorant here, i know that Raiden has bad whiff issues with his mids, but im 100% sure Kotals b1 doesnt, or even takeda f1, cassie b1 and so on...

anyways, Kotals b1 shits on Lao f2, that's for sure.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Seems like nothing has really changed in the months that I've been gone... Lao, Quan, Shinnok, etc are still the best and DLC barely changed that....

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Cassie...

-Full invincible wakeup into a 50/50 vortex game
-a SAFE armored launcher that is faster than Kung Lao's MB spin.. what?
- Insane range in b12
-High damage
-Great Meter build
- Has the ability to zone with IA gunshots
-A string that is safe, difficult to block, and does 5% chip on its own or more if ended with MB gun shots.
-Great walk speed
- Good jump normals
- Plus strings and very strong pokes
- Most cringe-worthy X-ray
-Has ability to break armored attacks
-Never has to deal with wakeups because of specials that restand the opponent
- Easy hit confirms
-Safe 50/50s
- Powerful Stagger pressure
- Long amount of active frames on her njp
- Still have her other two variations to worry about
- Wears Sunglasses
- Has quite possibly the best Fatality with the Selfie

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Seems like nothing has really changed in the months that I've been gone... Lao, Quan, Shinnok, etc are still the best and DLC barely changed that....
Dont say that. Alien crawl cancels into tail whips, Mouth tougue command grabs. Acid blood, and full screen tail stab, WALL CLING!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Cassie barely makes it in A tier.
Sure, keep upplaying her, while Kung Lao racks up the wins.
Pshaw.

Goat-City

Banned
Even if Kung Lao is the best in the game, its not reason to nerf him, in all fighting games was someone who is the best. Kung Lao deserve to be the best.

Only broken thing what Kung Lao has its j2. J2 range a lit bit needs to be fixed thats all.
No. As long as there is a character who is better than most other characters then they should be nerfed. It doesn't matter that most fighting games have overpowered characters. They're not overpowered because the devs want them to be, they're overpowered either because the devs don't realize they are or the game is no longer being patched.

N00B

Noob
No. As long as there is a character who is better than most other characters then they should be nerfed. It doesn't matter that most fighting games have overpowered characters. They're not overpowered because the devs want them to be, they're overpowered either because the devs don't realize they are or the game is no longer being patched.
I'm not agree with you. kitana, cassie, takeda, Jax, Tremor, Shinnok, Sonya, Sub Zero e.t.c can beat him. He has a lot of arguably 5-5 match ups that can be bad bcuz game is too young.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Extremely curiously please vote

I'm very curious to see how the entire community sees the #1 character spot

Please do not start the garbage conversation about "well what variation are we talking about" if you need to ask that question then don't vote

Thx looking forward to the results
Leather face

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Lao.. I was also considering Quan Chi for my answer, but at least I can continue my pressure game once he's knocked down.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Jax has a few bad MU's and potential bad MU's. GM, Shinnok IMO are 100% 6-4 then throughout the Jax community others are considered potential bad MU's such as KL, Cassie, JC etc. What dirt this character has is beyond me but I plan to be going over Jax fully with @PND i2 Gaug3 and you will be able to take counters to Jax away from this as well. His projectile being plus doesn't mean much considering 1. it doesn't give him anything full screen and 2. Is full combo punishable from any string - stand4 (which is a high)
Go forward into the thread to see my other reasons as to why I think jax is best, I feel I explained it well, and what exactly makes jax lost to shinnok and grandmaster?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
all this Cassie misinformation...

......and all these "joke" posts about her....

I don't even know anymore...

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Wow, surprised Kung Lao took this so easily over Quan.

Quan is broke in my opinion. Kung Lao best in the game being a pressure character is pretty hypocritical of TYM with all the rage about 50/50's.

Cassie still being upplayed despite not seeing the results even to this day baffles me.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Wow, surprised Kung Lao took this so easily over Quan.

Quan is broke in my opinion. Kung Lao best in the game being a pressure character is pretty hypocritical of TYM with all the rage about 50/50's.

Cassie still being upplayed despite not seeing the results even to this day baffles me.
There's a treacherous plot to slander Cassie I can sense it.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Balanced Kenshi. His zoning is so godlike in this game along with his awesome OH options, that in the extremely rare case I lose (when I forget to AA with shoulder) my opponents always t-bag and say stuff like- "online cancer or top tier scrub".

Goat-City

Banned
I'm not agree with you. kitana, cassie, takeda, Jax, Tremor, Shinnok, Sonya, Sub Zero e.t.c can beat him. He has a lot of arguably 5-5 match ups that can be bad bcuz game is too young.
At least 3 of those characters also need to be nerfed. He beats far too many characters and the way he beats them is with brain dead stagger pressure. I know exactly how to perfectly balance him though. Make block breakers 1 bar and full stamina and allow every character to gain 3% of a bar of meter for every attack they block (as opposed to the 6% of a bar they currently gain for having their attacks blocked.) The same change also balances Tremor, Jax, Tanya, Shinnok, Liu Kang, Dvorah, etc.