What's new

Who in your opinion is the best character in the entire game ?

Who is the best character in the entire game?

• Total voters

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
If anything this thread is giving us an idea of TYM's top 5.

Kung Lao
Quan Chi
Tanya
Predator
Cassie

I voted Tanya, but I play Goro so my opinion is some what skewed. ;)

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
If anything this thread is giving us an idea of TYM's top 5.

Kung Lao
Quan Chi
Tanya
Predator
Cassie

I voted Tanya, but I play Goro so my opinion is some what skewed. ;)
I think that was everyone's top 5 for a while

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Lore wise Liu Kang is considered to be the strongest fighter of all time.

Gameplay wise though I would like to think the same of him. What I do love about Liu Kang in MKX is how much of a difference all of his variations are making for his gameplay style and tactics, if only Dualist could get some major buffs, Liu Kang could go 5-5 against everyone changing variation only.

My favorite part about Liu Kang in MKX is actually how hard it is to play him on a high level. There is just this feeling of satisfaction you get with him when you learn to do few IAFB in a row or finally manage to constantly cancel DD1 into FBF4. I like how he doesn't have cheap 50/50s and have to use smart ways of opening his opponents without making them to guess, but forcing them to get nervous and stuff like that. When you do hard stuff in a real match, your long time hard work that have been put into this difficult character pays off, this is when a personal victory is felt.

I think that on paper when you do everything he can consistently, he might wreck the entire roster. Liu Kang just can't allow himself to drop and if he doesn't drop, he gets lots of great chip damage and lots of meter, not to mention that besides pressure he has great zoning.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Finally people are beginning to come to terms with Liu Kang and it's fair to say I think EU hold that crown with LK close to full potential

As in Lang coming into top players conversation I'm not referring to the polls Lao, Tanya and Quan I feel are better

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
There are characters I hate more than Lao, but I don't feel like its even all that debatable that Lao is sitting at the top.

Some characters may do one or two specific things better than Lao, but no one does EVERYTHING like Lao. And it's not even like a jack-of-all-master-of-none thing, he's really good at just about everything and you don't even need to worry about variations.. Just play Tempest and you are never at a disadvantage. Ever, in any MU, at any screen position, in any situation. Doesn't matter , Lao is ALWAYS a threat NO. MATTER. WHAT.

What boggles my mind though is that I don't really feel like he's OP, hes just perfectly designed. I dunno how he would be adjusted that's fair. Shrug.

Sigh

I need to just play this fucking character.

Goat-City

Banned
I really hope this doesn't become a nerf Kung Lao thread. He's the best right now, but in no way is he OP.
By being the best he is overpowered. No character should be better than any other character, so any character that is better is overpowered. And characters should not be buffed to his level because this game is offense based enough as it is. Nerf the top tier.

haketh

Noob
Voted Kung Lao but I wouldn't be mad if anyone said Cassie. Quan has a TON of dirt but he'snot as solid as those two & can get steamed rolled so hard when put on defensive. I rarely feel like I need to be worried about Quan's options if I've gotten started *Though his backdash cannot be underrated*, Cassie & Lao I always gotta be worried.