What's new

Who has the best zoning out of these 5 characters

who has the best zoning of these characters?

• Quan Chi Summoner

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Kitana Mournful

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Jacqui Full Auto

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Predator HQT

Votes: 61 45.5%
  • Kenshi Balanced

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

ramy_92

http://instagram.com/ramysoli
No, they don't. Well, Jacqui doesn't at least.
jacqui full auto rocket shit anti air vs kitana's air glaves not just kitana get hit, no but jacqui gets a full combo which is at least 35% and on ground her stupid gun is faster than kitana's glaves

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
jacqui full auto rocket shit anti air vs kitana's air glaves not just kitana get hit, no but jacqui gets a full combo which is at least 35% and on ground her stupid gun is faster than kitana's glaves
Stay outside of air rocket range and do air glaive and/or float

JDM

Noob
You said that pred is a better zoner than quan and i said thats false and i want you to tell me why is he better.
Because Air skull has a ton of recovery and if you miss Rune Trap you have a lot of recovery on whiff. With Bat+Meter his zoning is very good but Pred can lock you down without meter and has to worry very little about whiffing projectiles since the recovery is so fast. Also the hitboxes on his lasers are stupid good. Not to mention he has half screen normals that can be Laser cancelled into full combos or blockstrings. HQT 2 gud

I use both Variations btw

Because Air skull has a ton of recovery and if you miss Rune Trap you have a lot of recovery on whiff. With Bat+Meter his zoning is very good but Pred can lock you down without meter and has to worry very little about whiffing projectiles since the recovery is so fast. Also the hitboxes on his lasers are stupid good. Not to mention he has half screen normals that can be Laser cancelled into full combos or blockstrings. HQT 2 gud

I use both Variations btw
Even if the rune has alot of recovery he isn't going to hit if your full screen you should use rune most of your time not air skull , rune and duck if he tries doing low plasma shot you jump and do an air skull , also you can still meterburn to be +15 on block which allows you a free rune or bat , not to mention quans rune does more damage than pred , so it trades for his favour everytime.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You said that pred is a better zoner than quan and i said thats false and i want you to tell me why is he better.
Predator is a threat without meter.

He has half screen normals which can be cancelled into safe stuff or full combo on hit.

He has better keep out tools than Quan.

For the record I think Quan is a better character, but predator has better zoning. His space control at all points is just better.

lol I know how to deal with it but it's really annoying, i think it's a 5/5 match up
Essentially you're saying you understand that mournful outzones Jacqui, but that Jacqui is the better zoner? What?

Predator is a threat without meter.

He has half screen normals which can be cancelled into safe stuff or full combo on hit.

He has better keep out tools than Quan.

For the record I think Quan is a better character, but predator has better zoning. His normals are just better.
He dosen't , quan is also a threat , rune does 8% and you get a free bat on hit and if you have your bat out that would make them think twice about doing anything and if want you could do raw trance for a full combo or a free vortex theres a reason why king mirrored mike at tfc

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
He dosen't , quan is also a threat , rune does 8% and you get a free bat on hit and if you have your bat out that would make them think twice about doing anything and if want you could do raw trance for a full combo or a free vortex theres a reason why king mirrored mike at tfc
Yeah no.

Rune is not a threat without meter. Raw trance is a stupid move since it's full combo from anywhere on screen.

Do you actually play Quan and predator? Because it seems like you have very little understanding of how their zoning tools work.

Yeah no.

Rune is not a threat without meter. Raw trance is a stupid move since it's full combo from anywhere on screen.

Do you actually play Quan and predator? Because it seems like you have very little understanding of how their zoning tools work.
I main both , quan is a better zoner , explain how is he a threat without meter then ? Raw plasma shots can be ducked and if he tries to do low plasma shots air skull works you do more damage than him , your move has no travel speed and if you have meter you completely destroy him , ask any top player out there and they will tell you the same thing even.

Yeah no.

Not to mention quans rune knocks down on hit so if he hits pred ( which will happen if quan blocks one of his lasers then every hit would trade after) he will have the advantage on the zoning war.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I main both , quan is a better zoner , explain how is he a threat without meter then ? Raw plasma shots can be ducked and if he tries to do low plasma shots air skull works you do more damage than him , your move has no travel speed and if you have meter you completely destroy him , ask any top player out there and they will tell you the same thing even.
You're telling me you can REACT to low shot and air skull? Because that's just bullshit. If you read he's going to do low shot, you can try and use air skull, keeping in mind that straight laser will beat that.

You're telling me you can REACT to low shot and air skull? Because that's just bullshit. If you read he's going to do low shot, you can try and use air skull, keeping in mind that straight laser will beat that.
Low laser dosen't hit full screen , which would require you to hold bf3 and d and release no one can do it rapidly without the red laser showing up and you realizing that he is going to do it also it looks pretty reactable from full screen to me due to the travel speed. Even then if they just sit there and do normal laser you could trade with him to your favour everytime.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Air skulls are cool and all, but ground skulls are perfectly fine for zoning. Quan isn't Kitana. He doesn't need to be hopping around doing air skulls to zone effectively.

This talk of Rune being bad without meter is ridiculous. Regular runes are pretty important, not just since they are guaranteed after Bats, Skulls, and MB Runes, which is why people can lock you down with Quan. The guaranteed rune checks condition the opponent.

Also, trading rune with projectiles isn't a bad idea because regular rune on hit is a knockdown, other projectiles aren't. Plus, you can use runes to control running, which makes the opponent start jumping to get in.

Regular rune is fine. I swear, all TYM does is read frame data without thinking about how moves are used.

Also, MB Trance has it's uses. No, It's not something you throw out but it serves a purpose.

Predator's smart discs go away if he blocks or is hit. You can duck or low profile the lasers.

In my opinion, Quan is the best zoner in the game, followed by Predator.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why is Shinnok not in the conversation for top zoners?

Projectiles blocked from full screen aren't as - as when you block them up close.

So his zoning in Boneshaper didn't really change. What's wrong with it?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Why is Shinnok not in the conversation for top zoners?

Projectiles blocked from full screen aren't as - as when you block them up close.

So his zoning in Boneshaper didn't really change. What's wrong with it?
His full screen presence took a hit with projectile(slightly more recovery) and Scepter (slightly less range; just outside the 3rd Spark) nerfs accordingly.

Nothing else aside from that.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Can we stop arguing over who is the better zoner between quan and pred? They're both insanely good. The difference is so small that it may as well not be a talking point