What's new

Who Do You Think Is Top 5 In EO Beta?

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I want to put Piercing Mileena in the top 3. Am I crazy to say that with these buffs, she might be the best character in the game?

The reason I've been careful with my opinion on her, is because the Mileena community is kind of crazy on this forum. I feel like if I say she's anywhere higher than mid tier, my life would be in danger. kappa but not really kappa

I just feel like she's above average at most things. She's not lacking anywhere. Staggers, legit armor breaking set ups that lead into mix ups, has an advancing mid that leads into staggers and plus frames, has another advancing mid that leads into mix ups, good projectiles now, great anti air with roll, great anti zoning, restand, good damage, 6 frame D1, great NJP, D3 that gives her the lowest hitbox in the game, good movement speed, multi hitting advancing armored launcher that can mix people up, etc etc etc.

Her being unsafe sometimes is not a good response. If she were safe all the time...... yeah..
Why wasn't she top 3 before the beta then? She had 98% of what you listed prior to the beta.

top one player imo is still kung lao, everytime a KL wins it doesnt count

sun god nerf is so overrated, if you do b1 and wait a milisecond the throw still connects on block you just cant do it instantly braindead like before, having it connect on hits is such a bigger buff than b1 on block is a nerf. blood god didnt receive love though

ferra torr is awesome and deserves it

Dont sleep on Spectral Ermac. Safe 50/50s, can hit as hard MoS for no meter depending on combo starter, and currently has a block infinite.
I was blood god when I first experienced this, is there a way to armor through with the other characters? I forgot to try EX parry with kk, low profiling off roll with d4 and uppercuts worked between the two hits maybe i can land d4 ex sun stone

Jax also seems better which I dont understand cause he was already so good

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
She was very good. People just downplayed her.

Personally, I have very little doubt that she's the best character on the beta.
This is not really directed at you but just the TYM community but the moment a tournament/pro player says something it gets taken as gospel. I can almost guarantee that none of these top players but Saltface would continue to use her in tournament. The moment they lose with her they'll run back to their original main. Maybe because I'm a Mileena main and I know who our "gawds" are I just feel a bit slighted when someone just throws "she's the best" after playing with her for a week or so. Just doesn't feel fair. When the beasts say it, ok got it but the sheeple will run with it and next thing we know she's nerfed for things she had when she "wasn't a threat".

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I started labbing her after Sonic/Eu said that she's A+. She was definitely good all along.

Now she's absurd imo.
She has been good since September* @TheGabStandard

Not flaming you at all man, it's just the idea that Milly has been good all along and nobody noticed is just simply false and really shows how many people were not actually labbing characters at all in the early months of the game.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
From responses in this thread you can tell:

- Those who have played against Mileena
- Those who have not

And then you find out she's been doing this for months now under the radar.
Mileena is nasty...homelee talked about a set he had with you online and I believe it! Do you think you may use her instead of lao in tournament now?

Tweedy

Noob
She has been good since September* @TheGabStandard

Not flaming you at all man, it's just the idea that Milly has been good all along and nobody noticed is just simply false and really shows how many people were not actually labbing characters at all in the early months of the game.
Sorry, but I didn't say that no one knew. I'm just saying that I personally realized after Sonic and EU put it out there, in November/December ish.

My post was basically just me agreeing with Foxy. Sorry if it came off as anything else.

Edit: I see what you meant now. I probably shouldn't have put "all along", what I really meant was "a bit before the beta". haha

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Serious question to people saying Ferra Torr: are you coming to this decision based on that one wonderchef combo and the fact they have EX overhead and low toss alone or are you saying those 2 things are the straw that broke the camels back? Because if its the latter that would mean you already knew everything they could do before these buffs and Im having a hard time believing even half the people saying Ferra Torr is top 5 knew anything about them beforehand besides "hurr neutral jump punch"

Not saying I disagree on their potential top 5 placement but Im trying to figure out the process people are using to come to this conclusion because 2 weeks ago no one knew shit about them and now suddenly everyone and their momma is a Ferra Torr expert

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I haven't played the beta, but F/T getting a launching special doesn't take them all the way from C tier(general consensus) to top 5. (hit advantage buffs are a part of the new command grab system so I don't think that really counts as an F/T buff)

So either they are much better than anyone gives them credit for, or ya'll don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Or maybe both:coffee:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Sorry, but I didn't say that no one knew. I'm just saying that I personally realized after Sonic and EU put it out there, in November/December ish.

My post was basically just me agreeing with Foxy. Sorry if it came off as anything else.

Edit: I see what you meant now. I probably shouldn't have put "all along", what I really meant was "a bit before the beta". haha
I didn't :) I was just saying really. I think a lot of people need to take her into training mode and really dig deep into all their options. It's something I doubt very many have done.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
1. Takeda
2. Johnny Cage
3. Jax
4. Lui Kang
5. D'Vorah

I will say it's hard to make a top 5 now with so many good characters in the game.

Tweedy

Noob
Not flaming you at all but so many Mileena players including @YOMI RM SaltFace claimed she was bottom 10 and needed a lot of help. Was this tournament player downplaying?

The Mileena community has been in an uproar for months about how bad she was. @Ns_Brutalmileena @Akromaniac27
I'm pretty sure she was worse when Saltface was active.

The Mileena community downplays a lot, though, outside of a few players.

I'm not just hating on the character. If she remains unchanged i'll main her. I'll use her at Combo Breaker/future events I go to, and anyone can play me on xbox live whenever. I'll be the anti hero of the Mileena community.

With that being said, I couldn't imagine her staying the same. It would take a lot of downplaying.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Not flaming you at all but so many Mileena players including @YOMI RM SaltFace claimed she was bottom 10 and needed a lot of help. Was this tournament player downplaying?

The Mileena community has been in an uproar for months about how bad she was. @Ns_Brutalmileena @Akromaniac27
She did need help to compete with the top tiers at the time. But, now with them all being "normalized", she's able to to compete much better.

Infamous

Banned
I'm pretty sure she was worse when Saltface was active.

The Mileena community downplays a lot, though, outside of a few players.

I'm not just hating on the character. If she remains unchanged i'll main her. I'll use her at Combo Breaker/future events I go to, and anyone can play me on xbox live whenever. I'll be the anti hero of the Mileena community.

With that being said, I couldn't imagine her staying the same. It would take a lot of downplaying.
Oh I know. It's just that you insinuated she was fine before. :)

She did need help to compete with the top tiers at the time. But, now with them all being "normalized", she's able to to compete much better.
So all she needed were some tweaks to her pokes and air sai's? Is B1,2 really that good?

Mileena community on blast?

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
After looking at her more yesterday... Mileena is #1 in the beta. She has 0 losing matchups and a ton of winning matchups, some I'd even say are 7-3. Cassie for example has literally 0 options to proper use of B12.

Her B12 wins ground game against 90% of the cast. Between her B12, Teleport and Roll she controls the air and with the new buffs, her zoning is hard to deal with. Only person I can think of that might do well against her is Commando Kano. Perhaps Mystic Ermac and Kenjitsu as well but I don't understand those chars well enough to make an opinion.

To the couple people that said Jacqui in this thread... no. She's not bad but she still has all her old problems on the beta. Certain playstyles can completely shut her down without letting her get in.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Please show me a Mileena player who downplays this character since this has been posted.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-new-mileena-in-the-mkx-beta-online-update.58319/

Mileena was bad. Key word is: WAS.

This character had so many bug's and gaps. Ethereal was literally a second "No Variation" at one point until Ex Fade was buffed. Piercing's b12 was -5. Was still good but not as much as it is now. F12B4 had a gap Raiden could armor through in Piercing and it pushed everyone else back so Mileena wasn't even able to mix you up with Ex Roll. Low Sai was only +2 on hit upclose so there was no reason to respect the frame advantage cause she couldn't actually use her frame advantage cause her pokes were too slow. Telekick was -8 on hit at one point! F4 was -30 on block and had horrible whiff recovery.

But all of this garbage is gone and Mileena is a very good character now.

People's knowledge of this character is so minimal outside of the Mileena community. I still see Lao's and Cassie players block F44 and not punish it. I've been asked if her Telekick is an overhead!

Can people educate themselves before trying to blowup the Mileena player's for once?

Probably not.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
No clue if this is right

1) Wrestler Jax
2) Mileena
3) Ronin Takeda
4) A-List Cage
5) Tempest Lao

the rest of the top 10 in no order are:
Shinnok, Ferra Torr, Kano, Quan and Kang

Honorable mentions:
Sub, Scorp, Kitana, Kung Jin, and and D'vorah

Tweedy

Noob
Please show me a Mileena player who downplays this character since this has been posted.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/the-new-mileena-in-the-mkx-beta-online-update.58319/

Mileena was bad. Key word is: WAS.

This character had so many bug's and gaps. Ethereal was literally a second "No Variation" at one point until Ex Fade was buffed. Piercing's b12 was -5. Was still good but not as much as it is now. F12B4 had a gap Raiden could armor through in Piercing and it pushed everyone else back so Mileena wasn't even able to mix you up with Ex Roll. Low Sai was only +2 on hit upclose so there was no reason to respect the frame advantage cause she couldn't actually use her frame advantage cause her pokes were too slow. Telekick was -8 on hit at one point! F4 was -30 on block and had horrible whiff recovery.

But all of this garbage is gone and Mileena is a very good character now.

People's knowledge of this character is so minimal outside of the Mileena community. I still see Lao's and Cassie players block F44 and not punish it. I've been asked if her Telekick is an overhead!

Can people educate themselves before trying to blowup the Mileena player's for once?

Probably not.
Well people are saying stuff like "how did these beta buffs take her from B tier to top 5", when in reality she wasn't B tier before the beta.

My knowledge of Mileena is definitely not lacking. I mean, arguably the 2nd best player in the world agrees that she's super great. Give me a quiz or something. lol

As for the Mileena community, remember the EU tier list thread, and that guy/girl who won't stop attacking Ketchup. please

Goatness

Noob
I've been a Mileena main since MKX released and beta Mileena has a sweet D1/D3 to help with corner pressure and IASais are cool and all but she's not radically different from what I was playing before the beta launch. Of course, this only applies to Mileena after her various fixes.

I never agreed with the downplaying of Mileena that many NA players expressed in the past.

Last edited: