What's new

Who Do You Think Is Top 5 In EO Beta?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
With the abundance of buffs and nerfs in EO Beta, many characters have went up or went down the tier list.

While many have fluctuated, some have remained.

Of the available characters for EO Beta (no DLC), who are your top 5?

Mine are (in no order):
Ferra/Torr - need I explain? They do like all the damage in the world, the duo is a viable UMVC3 character now.
Sonya Blade - buffs and slight nerfs for Demo...can't do 6 stun nade combos but still do their thing.
Kotal Kahn - very hard to deal with given tick throw buffs regardless of b1 no longer canceling into sun throw
Quan Chi - sorry you can't do bat during regular trance, sorry you have to use bar now -_-
Kano - cutthroat is now safe on everything plus enhanced range on his overhead string and he benefits from the tick throw buffs in Commando.

Other characters that have been mentioned:
Many say Piercing Mileena
Assassin Kitana
Johnny Cage
Wrestler Jax

Crazy how strong most of these characters have gotten.

I'm sure I missed a few, lemme know! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
With the abundance of buffs and nerfs in EO Beta, many characters have went up or went down the tier list.

While many have fluctuated, some have remained.

Of the available characters for EO Beta (no DLC), who are your top 5?

Mine are (in no order):
Ferra/Torr - need I explain? They do like all the damage in the world, the duo is a viable UMVC3 character now.
Sonya Blade - buffs and slight nerfs for Demo...can't do 6 stun nade combos but still do their thing.
Kotal Kahn - very hard to deal with given tick throw buffs regardless of b1 no longer canceling into sun throw
Quan Chi - sorry you can't do bat during regular trance, sorry you have to use bar now -_-
Kano - cutthroat is now safe on everything plus enhanced range on his overhead string and he benefits from the tick throw buffs in Commando.

Crazy how strong most of these characters have gotten.

I'm sure I missed a few, lemme know! :)
Wasn't the same thread made by @God Confirm ?:D

Down 2

Noob
Mystic Ermac is the hot topic right now and people are saying he's in the top 5 as well. He's looking very strong for sure but it's definitely up for discussion.

9_Lives

Noob
I think Assassin Kitana looks pretty stronk with her changes especially with the breakers as they are now. FoxyGramps said Mileena is super good. I think Cage gets honorable mention as Alist's cancel advantage appears to be untouched while KL and LK's pressure took some pretty big hits between reduced plus frames and loss of meter gain. I honestly don't know enough to give you my top 5 list, especially since not all the characters are out yet. XP

Down 2

Noob
Mystic got buffs to the one special and added safety, while they are both good, it doesn't change the fact everything else he has is average at best
Well you got to think about how much of a utility his EX Push is now with its frame changes. It's an all-purpose move that can be thrown out at any time and followed up with more pressure if blocked, and on hit has meter effects and respectable damage. On top of that Mystic has good meter less damage so he's only using meters on wake ups and breakers. I think he has potential to be top 5.

Tweedy

Noob
I want to put Piercing Mileena in the top 3. Am I crazy to say that with these buffs, she might be the best character in the game?

The reason I've been careful with my opinion on her, is because the Mileena community is kind of crazy on this forum. I feel like if I say she's anywhere higher than mid tier, my life would be in danger. kappa but not really kappa

I just feel like she's above average at most things. She's not lacking anywhere. Staggers, legit armor breaking set ups that lead into mix ups, has an advancing mid that leads into staggers and plus frames, has another advancing mid that leads into mix ups, good projectiles now, great anti air with roll, great anti zoning, restand, good damage, 6 frame D1, great NJP, D3 that gives her the lowest hitbox in the game, good movement speed, multi hitting advancing armored launcher that can mix people up, etc etc etc.

Her being unsafe sometimes is not a good response. If she were safe all the time...... yeah..

People don't really understand how good mileena is. You just look at her frames and say shes bad? or you think shes bad cause she has a lot of unsafe stuffs? Mileena is nuts in this patch. A lot of people have the idea that shes an online character. I guess its cause of the downplays. IMO, piercing is definitely top 5 in this beta.

Last edited:

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
From responses in this thread you can tell:

- Those who have played against Mileena
- Those who have not

And then you find out she's been doing this for months now under the radar.
when I played you the other night I couldn't even move, all those b12s and related dirt had me stuck. (we unfortunately also had about a 165 ms connection, but I give credit where credit is due, your mileena is going to leave many egos in fragments, as it did to mine)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Johnny Cage, Kang, Jax, D'Vorah, Sub, Quan, Shinnok etc... I'm holding off on placing the more buffed characters because people overreact.

A-List was S-tier pre-patch, now he's probably one of the best in the game.

Last edited: