• Xbox One

• PS4

• Xbox 360

• PS3

• PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I dont think the tourney standard will be on the old gens most likely xboxone or ps4.
360 tourney standard in 2015?
Massively bigger install base among FGC?
You think enough people will have made the tansition in time? I don't.
Obviously being overly optimistic here for those without X1/PS4, but we'll see. Either way it goes I'm good.

Obviously being overly optimistic here for those without X1/PS4, but we'll see. Either way it goes I'm good.
The games's dropping next year and the amount of PS4s and Xbone sold at current is outpacting the rate previous gen console sold during that period. I'll say that enough people should have PS4 or an Xbone by then to make them standard.

E

Eldriken

If I have a next-gen console, one of them. If not, I'll get the 360 version.

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
PS4 for sure because of Project Beast and now MKX.
^ this guy knows whats up (demons souls 2 ftw). yes i think next gen will definitely be the tourney standard. of the two, id prefer PS4. but i believe it was leaked that amazon slated the release date as 04/15. and im assuming the next gen sales will pick up drastically after E3, i know thats what im waiting on to make the jump. so given another solid year, i think its fair to say next gen will be the primary console, or close enough to it to make it a tourney standard

Cash

Noob
I have a Dust collector I mean a PS4 but I plan on getting an xboxone and playing MKX on that! They have proven to be able to Run a fighter smoothly and TO's are familiar with it in a tournament setting. If it's on ps4 I'll be ready though! I laugh at next gen not being the standard!

CRKFIEND

Noob
PS4, but I'll snatch up a Vita version if and when.

I should probably just wait for the complete edition 6 months after release...

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It isn't about player base IMO. In a situation where you have a game that is likely going to be de-scaled for previous generation consoles, I would think that if the game doesn't run adequately then player base doesn't mean that much. Of course there are some other factors like input device, etc.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Im gonna get it on PS4 no doubt, eventhough I have PS3 already I might get it on there as well. I will buy the orignal game and then get the Komplete Edition as well b/c I dont like buying DLC.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The Dreamcast was tourney standard for MVC2 until like 2008 dude, and still is in some cases lol.
Yeah, if the xb1 and ps4 ran the game worse than the 360, then I would expect the 360 to be tournament standard. MVC2 was best developed for the DC, so it made sense to stick with it...it was not being developed at the same time for all the consoles it would eventually end up being on. Not a very good example IMO.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
It isn't about player base IMO. In a situation where you have a game that is likely going to be de-scaled for previous generation consoles, I would think that if the game doesn't run adequately then player base doesn't mean that much. Of course there are some other factors like input device, etc.
I'm with you. I just dont believe in the FGC at large.
Hopefully people notice that KI is paving this road slightly and will continue on.
Im buying for X1 immediately anyway it goes and will play that version the most.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yeah, if the xb1 and ps4 ran the game worse than the 360, then I would expect the 360 to be tournament standard. MVC2 was best developed for the DC, so it made sense to stick with it...it was not being developed at the same time for all the consoles it would eventually end up being on. Not a very good example IMO.
It seemed like you was talking about the 360 as a tournament platform in general though, I don't care either way, but it shouldn't be measured by the age of the hardware.

And in fact, this time next year, I'll bank on the 360/PS3 still being more BYOC-friendly than any next gen system.