What's new

Which characters and what should be normalized on them?

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
SubZero Ice clone I mean Tom Brady has gone over it too death and NRS doesn't care so I feel like my life is being wasted typing this. Also takeda should get some buffs.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
*sigh*

Jacqui and Goro.

I'd say Jason too but it seems like it'd be hilariously easy for them to accidentally touch him the wrong way and make him broker than broke.

I mean, they have to have people on their staff who actually play this game extensively, I don't know how these guys keep missing the legitimate buff boat.

Last edited:

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
For the general populace:
-Fix Kung Lao and all of his + frame meter building bullshit--lawd that's ridiculous. Nerf that motherfucker already!
-Fix Quan's unblockable loop in Summoner.
-Buff Reptile's damage slightly.
-Nerf Predator's damage slightly.
-Buff ANYTHING / EVERYTHING for Goro! I would like to see him viable at the very least.
-Fix ice clone in Grandmaster! I'm tired of hearing about it, but I do feel it's a warranted issue that should be fixed.
-New costumes for the new characters and the DLC.

For my main:
-Fix Mileena's second hitbox (1) in Sadistic Ways (Piercing), not to mention her F12 as well.
-Buff her start up frames on regular Fades (Ethereal).
-Increase health gain from Quick Taste to 5% (Ravenous). ;P

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
That predator damage is insane. Likely to see a small Nerf.
he needs a damage nerf, tremor is looking like he might be viable against some of the cast but not sure if he can handle raiden... his crystal gets destroyed by raidens tg multi hitting norms

MadeOfMetal

Make Mileena's roll -3 on block
make F2 an overhead

For Tanya:
bring her teleport to it's former glory
bring back pre patch pyromancer
in her pole stance, have her completely invincible

Jacqui:
her range is insane, decrease that, along with a slight damage nerf
lol i assume that is a joke, made me laugh, that -3 on block...

but for realz, her roll says -31 on block, but dont believe it for a second, most of the time you cant punish with a 7 frame move due to hitbox issues

MadeOfMetal

Let's leave predator alone. Nothing to see here move along.
predator is one of my mains, and i don't want him nerfed, in fact i want faster frames, on the other hand, i feel cheap because of his DAMAGE, that shit needs to be scaled down, it really isnt fair and i won't downplay that!

on a separate note:
KUNG LAO Tempest, needs that normal hat spin to be raised to +34 on block, he needs endless blockstring.......

MK_Al

Noob
Fix Kung Lao and all of his + frame meter building bullshit
What do you mean? His only + string is 11, every other string is <=0. Hat spin is -3. Ex hat spin can be armored. 11212 can be backdashed when blocked crouching. 11212*4 has a gap. Ex hat spin consumes meter rather than builds meter. It's not bad at all, but it's not op or broken. You have options.

NHDR

Noob
What I'd like to see:

Kano (Cybernetic)
-Make Upward Laser a true AA

Kano (Cutthroat)
-Better hitbox on B1
-Extra hit of armor on EX powerup

I don't know much about Kotal Kahn but I think sun ray needs a buff. Perhaps decrease the animation frames so it can actually be used to either bait zoners or heal Kotal? Or used after hard knockdown as a form of pressure? Just thinking aloud here.

Other characters
- since shinnok has a 6frame low starter, make his d1 8/9frames on start up

- jax doesn't need a 7 frame d1 with the rush down that he has. Make his d1 9frames on start up

- allow scorpion to be able to cancel his b32/b31 string

- give cyromancer subzero more plus frames after his f42 throw string

- goro's mb punchwalk should have the same properties as doomsday's mb venom

My character Liu Kang
Universal
- if jax gets a 7 frame d1 thn so should liu
- fix the hitbox on his mids and make them true mids against all male characters

Dualist
- orbs should explode on contact if the opponent is not blocking

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Any suggestions on invested characters I make would be self-serving - and probably not be better for the game.

I play Kotal, Jax, Jason, and Ermac. I could think of lots of ways to buff these guys, but I have a dog in the fight - so I won't suggest anything.

I hate playing Kitana and Kung Jin - and would love for these characters to receive nerfs, but any suggestions would be jaded - so I won't speak on them.

The suggestions I do have are to buff the characters that are unviable to the point where they a lot more bad matchups than good ones. Examples of these characters include...

Goro (overhaul)
Takeda (get rid of the gaps in his strings and give him a safe wake-up)
Fisticuffs JC (just rollback the nerfs)

Examples of characters needing lesser buffs include...

Reptile (slight, just a little less damage scaling on his combos)
Sub Zero (just tweak the clone a little)
Mileena (just give her a safe string or make her roll hit low)
Kano (just enlarge his hitboxes a little and improve the Choke on block in Commando)
Predator (slightly increase the damage scaling on his longer combos)
Jaqui (enlarge her hitboxes on her openers a little)

BTW - Here are the self-serving suggestions...

Kotal Khan (make his deflect reflect projectiles)
Mystic Ermac (scale back the damage scaling on his Tele-Hang)
Jax (just don't nerf him)

Last edited: