What's new

Where should I go if I wanted to start playing Pokemon at a high level?

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
Okay so I'm off work guys. Nice to meet you all, and may I just say that I am looking forward to Gen 6 more than anyone else. It's going to allow more pokemon to be viable in the competitive scene, and Fairy-type is going to be great for this Dragon problem we got in Gen 5. As far as competitive websites go, PokemonShowdown.com is the best emulator to play on, it's the most widely popular with at least 4K battles going on every day. If you want info on teambuilding and movesets/ev spreads/items etc. on any pokemon, I recommend Smogon.com.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
Pokemon Online's another good battle simulator if you're interested.

Just a tip. If you're looking at competitive sets like on Smogon or on Serebii, try not to copy / paste the top set every time. Usually the first moveset is already the most common variation of that Pokemon, and people usually expect it.

For example when most people see a Metagross, they think "hmm, Meteor Mash, EQ + Agility / Explosion / Thunderpunch / Bullet Punch. Better pull out Swampert / Skarmory." That's when you can nail them with Grass Knot / HP Fire. Granted, this works for Metagross because his sp.atk is base 95 which isn't too shabby.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I typically go for Pokemon Online but have played Showdown as well, not much of a difference. Are you familiar with tiers? Smogon lists tiers and often battle sims go by them, as in you can select Pokemon from a certain tier and not have to deal with overly strong opponents, or legendaries from a higher tier. There's also "clauses" which ban certain moves or items, like OHKOs and the like.

Also I'm excited for Mega Pokemon. Seriously, give me a Mega Dunsparce and I'll instabuy (as if I wouldn't instabuy anyway)!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I suppose I'm alone on that sentiment. ;____;
God no. Venusaur is already my second-favorite starter (behind Torterra...I mean, he's a fucking turtle with a continent for a shell...). If you can't tell, I fucking love Grass-type starters (excluding Meganium...that thing is a disgrace).

I'm hype for MegaSaur simply because of the defensive boost he got. His defense stats are getting buffed, plus now his only two weaknesses are Flying and Psychic, while he resists Fighting, Grass, Water, and Electric. MegaSaur, I'd imagine, is going to be an epic support Pokemon.

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
I'm more worried about how Drought-Zard is going to make his place into OU with Stealth Rocks still existing. That is of course, IF SR get an answer in gen 6 outside of just Rapid Spin.

I'm going to miss Chlorophyll-Saur, but a reliable wall with a resistance to water sounds great.

As for MegaToise I'm kind of uhh...well on the fence till I know what "Mega Launcher" actually boosts as far as "pulse" moves are concerned. Serebii says that water pulse and dark pulse are two moves that do get boosted. This might hint at other pokemon getting this ability too.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
God no. Venusaur is already my second-favorite starter (behind Torterra...I mean, he's a fucking turtle with a continent for a shell...). If you can't tell, I fucking love Grass-type starters (excluding Meganium...that thing is a disgrace).

I'm hype for MegaSaur simply because of the defensive boost he got. His defense stats are getting buffed, plus now his only two weaknesses are Flying and Psychic, while he resists Fighting, Grass, Water, and Electric. MegaSaur, I'd imagine, is going to be an epic support Pokemon.
That actually sounds really nice. I might find a new friend in venusaur lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm more worried about how Drought-Zard is going to make his place into OU with Stealth Rocks still existing. That is of course, IF SR get an answer in gen 6 outside of just Rapid Spin.

I'm going to miss Chlorophyll-Saur, but a reliable wall with a resistance to water sounds great.

As for MegaToise I'm kind of uhh...well on the fence till I know what "Mega Launcher" actually boosts as far as "pulse" moves are concerned. Serebii says that water pulse and dark pulse are two moves that do get boosted. This might hint at other pokemon getting this ability too.
There's speculation they may classify Hydro Cannon as a pulse move, which would be so redonkulous if it ever did occur.

MegaZard will probably be strong until Pokemon Bank is released. Then the Gen 5 SR users are going to arrive. But who knows, they might add extra measures against hazards and may nerf SR.

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
There's speculation they may classify Hydro Cannon as a pulse move, which would be so redonkulous if it ever did occur.

MegaZard will probably be strong until Pokemon Bank is released. Then the Gen 5 SR users are going to arrive. But who knows, they might add extra measures against hazards and may nerf SR.

In all honesty, they could've just changed his typing to Fire / Dragon and have been done with it. Though he'd probably rocket straight into ubers unless his Base Stats remained the same.