What's new

Question What's the best way to counter Batgirls offense?!

Enenra

Go to hell.
I have no idea how to fight Batgirl. I didn't buy her so I can't look at her in training move. It seems when I fighter her she has a trillion lows and highs that lead into combos. Top it off with her bull **** teleport that leads into big combos and vortexes. Plus her teleport has invulnerability on wake up. God I wonder what goes through NRS's minds when they create characters.

I have no idea how to fight Batgirl. I didn't buy her so I can't look at her in training move. It seems when I fighter her she has a trillion lows and overheads that lead into combos. Top it off with her bull **** teleport that leads into big combos and vortexes. Plus her teleport has invulnerability on wake up. God I wonder what goes through NRS's minds when they create characters. They think that to make combat systems deep you have to give a character 15 lows and overheads.

Dude I'm more than pretty sure in the post right above your complaint I gave a pretty good breakdown of her offense.

Also, her teleport on block is extremely unsafe. I haven't met someone who can't punish me for just throwing it out there yet, even my roommate who never plays fighters can block it and punish with a 3-4 hit combo. She only has one low and one overhead...please count correctly.

Also, she has an overhead and a low at the end of her DB2 special that you cannot combo off of. That's it. You are grossly misinformed.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Rage quitting, Killing the opponent, suicide... you have quite the option select here

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Idk if this has been mentioned, but outside of the vortex, her b1,b2 is not a true 50/50 mix up. This is what I've noticed, and the reason for it is the different speed and range on her b1,b2.

b1 hits low but is slower. b2 hits high and is faster, but is much shorter range. That means outside of b2 range, b1 is batgirl's only initatior of the two. Once she's in b2 range, she can choose between b2 and b1, but b1 is slow and you can block on reflex. Which means you can block high until she goes low. All her lows are slower, her d1 is fast and looks like a low but is a mid. Also, if you have a feeling she's about to choose between the two, I think the start up is slow enough you can throw out a jab to stop her. This is harder if she's only in b1 range, of course.

However, once you are in the vortex, it is a true 50/50. after the 1,1,1 string you can only choose to block, and batgirl has plenty of time to set up the proper range for a b1/b2 mixup. Even then though, remember, b1 is slower than b2.

Don't get too stuck on that though. She has other ways of getting through. Once you're blocking too much and scared of pressure she can just quick dash in and grab. DB2 is a good and fast gap closer though I don't think there's a midscreen confirm for it. I think once people are experienced fighting her she will mostly rely on baiting out attacks in order to get in.

If I'm wrong please correct me. I am not exactly an experienced fighter.
IIRC b+2 is only 2 frames slower than b+1, which isn't really fuzzy-guard bait as you're suggesting. Especially because the Batgirl player might not hit the vortex at the exact first frame, so an attempt to fuzzy it would be quite moot if the Batgirl is off by a few frames.

Usually fuzzy guards deal with 5+ frame differences in start-up, often a little more.

IIRC b+2 is only 2 frames slower than b+1, which isn't really fuzzy-guard bait as you're suggesting. Especially because the Batgirl player might not hit the vortex at the exact first frame, so an attempt to fuzzy it would be quite moot if the Batgirl is off by a few frames.

Usually fuzzy guards deal with 5+ frame differences in start-up, often a little more.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain in better detail? What is fuzzy-guard bait?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain in better detail? What is fuzzy-guard bait?
Fuzzy-guard bait is where you auto-guard a certain pattern to avoid set mix-ups. Say if you get put into a situation where it's high/low, and the low is 7 frames and the high is 23 frames, you can just leisurely block low then high and not have to react. This can be messed with, of course, but it weakens certain mix-ups (Catgirl had this problem before her f+1 became an overhead).

What I was trying to say was you can't fuzzy a 2F gap on auto-pilot, especially because of timing variance.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
thats great for Batman users and all but what about the rest of us? currently i use Ares and Sinestro (was using Raven and Lobo but theyre dead ends) and ill be damned if she doesnt counter everything i do with a toe poke into combo and teleport on reaction for another combo transition if metered. her mixup game is too much

blocking low doesnt help either because batgirls too quick for who i use and she'll either chip away the health i have until i try to attack (which never works btw) or just goes into an overhead combo before returning to chips. i swear, every time i fight her i end up bent over in a corner or hog tied by a teleport/bola
Bro, bro.
Raven is not a dead end.

Fuzzy-guard bait is where you auto-guard a certain pattern to avoid set mix-ups. Say if you get put into a situation where it's high/low, and the low is 7 frames and the high is 23 frames, you can just leisurely block low then high and not have to react. This can be messed with, of course, but it weakens certain mix-ups (Catgirl had this problem before her f+1 became an overhead).

What I was trying to say was you can't fuzzy a 2F gap on auto-pilot, especially because of timing variance.

So you're saying since the speed difference is not as drastic as 7 to 23 frames, you cannot adopt this behavior mindset of accounting for both in muscle memory? I see. Hmm, well, I think the b1 longer range certainly still applies, though if there's math to suggest I'm wrong about the closer range, I can't argue that. What would you do to counter that mix up then? I'm actually having that problem now in batgirl mirrors. Most people seem to love the b1 starter over the b2 overhead, but it's really hard to tell which. I haven't tried it yet but maybe backdash or grab? Or a simple jab. IF i remember correctly, b1 and b2 are relatively slow, right?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
So you're saying since the speed difference is not as drastic as 7 to 23 frames, you cannot adopt this behavior mindset of accounting for both in muscle memory? I see. Hmm, well, I think the b1 longer range certainly still applies, though if there's math to suggest I'm wrong about the closer range, I can't argue that. What would you do to counter that mix up then? I'm actually having that problem now in batgirl mirrors. Most people seem to love the b1 starter over the b2 overhead, but it's really hard to tell which. I haven't tried it yet but maybe backdash or grab? Or a simple jab. IF i remember correctly, b1 and b2 are relatively slow, right?
If you're in the 50/50, you must guess the 50/50. There's no magic answer here, she gets good damage and oki off of both her high and low, and you can't do anything invincible to stop it.

If youre in the vortex you have no option but to guess. As for footsies its either trying to bait a jump in to punish with flying bait/smoke bomb or trying to catch them with a b12 or Redemption.

Raegn21

Noob
Bro, bro.
Raven is not a dead end.
she was for me. i can use her n all but crouch blockers get me and id rather use a character who can mixup with more than the last hit of a string and the universal f3 overhead as opposed to her b1 low starter string. my other option would be to grab them but i prefer not to do such things.

shes not bad, i just dont see any long term commitment on my end to her like i have with Sinestro is all

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
she was for me. i can use her n all but crouch blockers get me and id rather use a character who can mixup with more than the last hit of a string and the universal f3 overhead as opposed to her b1 low starter string. my other option would be to grab them but i prefer not to do such things.

shes not bad, i just dont see any long term commitment on my end to her like i have with Sinestro is all
That's solid, man.
Acceptable.

How exactly DOES one go about baiting the teleport? Does this vary from character to character or is there some catch-all method I can apply to any character I use?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
How exactly DOES one go about baiting the teleport? Does this vary from character to character or is there some catch-all method I can apply to any character I use?
you should try to bait her teleport by dashing in and blocking and fullcombo punish her if she teleports. Once she starts to respect me start rushing her down

TheRFG

Noob
Learn how to utilize and maximize his b11 combos. I'll just go as far to say it will save you some push blocking, and have the same effect. I play batgirl, and don't want to give away too much. Just mess around with this a little more and I think you'll figure it out.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Any tips with Shazam? Batgirl has wake up game that completely trivializes anything shazam can do and she has no reason to respect his shit damage

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Oh and she has standing resets which completely trivialize his wake up game and his strength of escaping pressure...