What's new

Question What's the best way to counter Batgirls offense?!

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Batman main here. I can't find a thread with her strings, so I'll ask in the most simple of terms. How do you counter her? I have little to no knowledge of dealing with her, and all I see in this forum is tips on offense & resets. She's destroying my batman. Does anyone have tips?

Stay just outside the range of her b1. From here her options are limited and it's hard for her to teleport punish stuff on reaction.

Once you have a life lead go full screen and just block.
Batgirl is only good full screen if she has the life lead and the opponent has to do something. She can react to whatever with a teleport. If you have the life lead though she gets anxious and tries to get in.

In short, Batgirl wants to be all the way in or not in at all. From medium ranges she suffers and as long as you keep yourself + on frames she's not so scary. Most Batgirls will probably start their offense with b1 or b2 which are 14 and 15 frames and you can just stuff them.

Raegn21

Noob
thats great for Batman users and all but what about the rest of us? currently i use Ares and Sinestro (was using Raven and Lobo but theyre dead ends) and ill be damned if she doesnt counter everything i do with a toe poke into combo and teleport on reaction for another combo transition if metered. her mixup game is too much

blocking low doesnt help either because batgirls too quick for who i use and she'll either chip away the health i have until i try to attack (which never works btw) or just goes into an overhead combo before returning to chips. i swear, every time i fight her i end up bent over in a corner or hog tied by a teleport/bola

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
thats great for Batman users and all but what about the rest of us? currently i use Ares and Sinestro (was using Raven and Lobo but theyre dead ends) and ill be damned if she doesnt counter everything i do with a toe poke into combo and teleport on reaction for another combo transition if metered. her mixup game is too much

blocking low doesnt help either because batgirls too quick for who i use and she'll either chip away the health i have until i try to attack (which never works btw) or just goes into an overhead combo before returning to chips. i swear, every time i fight her i end up bent over in a corner or hog tied by a teleport/bola
Honestly, I think it's just bad luck that both your characters get hard countered by Batgirl, Sinestro in particular despite his buffs. I played Lobo/Ares before Batgirl so I share your pain.

For those paying attention, I think Babs' losing matchups are Doomsday, Nightwing and Green Arrow. Even then it only feels 6-4. She is a HARD counter zoner in every sense.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Honestly, I think it's just bad luck that both your characters get hard countered by Batgirl, Sinestro in particular despite his buffs. I played Lobo/Ares before Batgirl so I share your pain.

For those paying attention, I think Babs' losing matchups are Doomsday, Nightwing and Green Arrow. Even then it only feels 6-4. She is a HARD counter zoner in every sense.

She cant handle Aquaman either. Any character with good ranged normals, or forward moving normals shouldnt have too much trouble with her as long as they have life lead.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
As a Batman main I play very defensive and punish the smoke bomb teleport with B23.

With my other mains I just play very patiently and limit my zoning because I've been punished with the smoke bomb teleport when releasing projectiles or trying to rush down. It helps to mix in a little rush down with the zoning to keep a Batgirl player on their toes.

I hope this helps.

I feel as if GL has a good advantage on her if he can keep her out. Between Lantern's Might and the B1 starter you can keep her on her toes all day and once you develop the life lead just hunker on down and wait it out just like Mr Bodied mentioned earlier. If she does get in close and applies that pressure you should meter burn F3 and then start applying your own pressure.

The biggest problem I have been having with her is stuffing her wake up attacks for some reason. Her smoke bomb and DB2 make me eat shit on a continuous basis. Hope this helps or gives you some ideas.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
She cant handle Aquaman either. Any character with good ranged normals, or forward moving normals shouldnt have too much trouble with her as long as they have life lead.
Aquaman doesn't have it as great as it'd seem at first glance. If he puts himself at - on b1 string then he opens himself up to her unseeable mixup, and he can't cover his ass with trait for guessing wrong because it's single hit into launch off both options. If she jumps and he tries to reaction d2 she can guess with air smoke and punish, going into combo if she has meter (Which she doesn't need for much anyways). Yeah he can block and full combo punish, but it becomes more of a guess on his part when he normally almost never has to in that situation.

Good normals are key I agree, but so is regularly being + or highly safe (To keep her honest up close with d1 or better) in addition to being able to keep her in that range where she isn't strong. imho Superman and BA do at least fairly well against her b/c they both have strong, threatening footsies and the frames to back it up. NW's been mentioned too and he definitely does well, she has to deal with his gameplan no matter what.

Edit: Also, there's a couple things that are good to know about BG in general. Her d1 has a 7 frame startup (Not 8, NRS frame data is full of shit) and both her combo options off b2 can be punished by d1 (Or at least 6 frame d1s, I'm not definite about 7). Her b2u3 is -7, and while she can cancel her b2d3 to make it pseudo safe she either has to commit to bf3, which can be stuffed with aforementioned 6 frame d1s, or db2, which is a guessing game at best. For db2, the overhead is d1 punishable, the high is crouchable, and the low can be backdashed.

I laughed once I read this exchange. Zoning just simply doesn't work against a competent Batgirl player due to the smoke bomb teleport. The wake up on that attack is deadly.
If the threat of smoke bomb is so great for you that you can't zone what so ever than I'd pick up Dora the explorer great wolf rescue and quit while your behind
Just zone instead of spam and punish dat shit. Zone to bait teleports, there like a billion on block and have a thousand on start up.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
If the threat of smoke bomb is so great for you that you can't zone what so ever than I'd pick up Dora the explorer great wolf rescue and quit while your behind
Just zone instead of spam and punish dat shit. Zone to bait teleports, there like a billion on block and have a thousand on start up.
No need to be a prick.

I played as Batman during my Batgirl experience and at times when you try to a batarang since it is so slow the teleport connects. So "just zone instead of spam and punish dat shit" isn't that simple. I like to take calculated risks, wait for openings, and as I block the teleport then I'll punish. It is no need to rush a matchup.

I'm sure with other characters that have more superior zoning skills than Batman (Deathstroke, Cyborg etc.) it is easier to to "just zone istead of spam and punish dat shit".

Now since your such a superior Injustice player let me head over to the Dora the Explorer forum where based on what you told me I obviously belong.... :joker:

In case you don't know that's sarcasm.

All the Batgirls I've played play the keep-away game, but I think the range on her B1, 2 string has enough range to make her rushdown capable. Plus, she blows up jumping super easy. I understand that once you have the life lead there's no reason to go in, but they'd hang on to a sliver of life like a Sub Zero player in MK9 and go HAM once they lost it.

Idk if this has been mentioned, but outside of the vortex, her b1,b2 is not a true 50/50 mix up. This is what I've noticed, and the reason for it is the different speed and range on her b1,b2.

b1 hits low but is slower. b2 hits high and is faster, but is much shorter range. That means outside of b2 range, b1 is batgirl's only initatior of the two. Once she's in b2 range, she can choose between b2 and b1, but b1 is slow and you can block on reflex. Which means you can block high until she goes low. All her lows are slower, her d1 is fast and looks like a low but is a mid. Also, if you have a feeling she's about to choose between the two, I think the start up is slow enough you can throw out a jab to stop her. This is harder if she's only in b1 range, of course.

However, once you are in the vortex, it is a true 50/50. after the 1,1,1 string you can only choose to block, and batgirl has plenty of time to set up the proper range for a b1/b2 mixup. Even then though, remember, b1 is slower than b2.

Don't get too stuck on that though. She has other ways of getting through. Once you're blocking too much and scared of pressure she can just quick dash in and grab. DB2 is a good and fast gap closer though I don't think there's a midscreen confirm for it. I think once people are experienced fighting her she will mostly rely on baiting out attacks in order to get in.

If I'm wrong please correct me. I am not exactly an experienced fighter.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Idk if this has been mentioned, but outside of the vortex, her b1,b2 is not a true 50/50 mix up. This is what I've noticed, and the reason for it is the different speed and range on her b1,b2.

b1 hits low but is slower. b2 hits high and is faster, but is much shorter range. That means outside of b2 range, b1 is batgirl's only initatior of the two. Once she's in b2 range, she can choose between b2 and b1, but b1 is slow and you can block on reflex. Which means you can block high until she goes low. All her lows are slower, her d1 is fast and looks like a low but is a mid. Also, if you have a feeling she's about to choose between the two, I think the start up is slow enough you can throw out a jab to stop her. This is harder if she's only in b1 range, of course.

However, once you are in the vortex, it is a true 50/50. after the 1,1,1 string you can only choose to block, and batgirl has plenty of time to set up the proper range for a b1/b2 mixup. Even then though, remember, b1 is slower than b2.

Don't get too stuck on that though. She has other ways of getting through. Once you're blocking too much and scared of pressure she can just quick dash in and grab. DB2 is a good and fast gap closer though I don't think there's a midscreen confirm for it. I think once people are experienced fighting her she will mostly rely on baiting out attacks in order to get in.

If I'm wrong please correct me. I am not exactly an experienced fighter.
I can't afford to buy her, and last time I checked TIm hasn't released her move list yet. I don't know any of her strings or frame data. Like I'm really fighting in the dark EVERY single time I face her. Thanks for that info man.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
I have no idea how to fight Batgirl. I didn't buy her so I can't look at her in training move. It seems when I fighter her she has a trillion lows and overheads that lead into combos. Top it off with her bull **** teleport that leads into big combos and vortexes. Plus her teleport has invulnerability on wake up. God I wonder what goes through NRS's minds when they create characters. They think that to make combat systems deep you have to give a character 15 lows and overheads.