What's new

What was worse? Deadshots or Teabagging?

Which was worse?

• Deadshots

Votes: 82 91.1%
  • Teabagging

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
There's all of this talk about Deadshot(s) at East Coast Throwdown during the finals yesterday. Granted, there were 4/8 players who resorted to Deadshot to gain their victories and in the end, it was one full set of Deadshot mirrors for the Grand Finals. Keep in mind - prior to this all of the Deadshot complaining was almost completely absent.

On the other side of the fence, there was some serious teabagging during some of the matches, especially during Sonic vs foxy.

Sonic vs foxy
https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyWealthyTarsierMcaT

Sonic vs Bio (last seconds of last match in grand finals)
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyLongRingTheRinger

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Getting mad at teabagging is so stupid. It literally does nothing. The only thing it can do is psych you out, and that is only if you let it. In sonic's case though I don't even think he does it to psych people out, it seems like him just having fun. I get the whole sportsmanship argument but as long as they shake hand and stuff after the match I don't see anything wrong with it.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I saw on EH a while ago that teabagging was actually banned from a game's championship... I forget which one.

I saw on EH a while ago that teabagging was actually banned from a game's championship... I forget which one.
Killer Instinct.

The game's creative director had a very good response against this weird bagging prohibition:
"Competitive games can tell a story about the players if you let them"

I like that response. It is about the players. I mean- would we even know it was Sonic Fox playing if he didn't tea-bag every feasible second possible?

Sauce:
http://kotaku.com/temporary-tournament-teabagging-ban-splits-some-of-kill-1791583830

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
What's worse?

Teabagging Deadshot. Nothing is worse then eating that zoning then that mix, as reward for getting in, then getting sent back fuck screen for an unavoidable MB Kneecap shot.

Then the bitch has the nerve to teabag like he did something with his life.

Edit: Talking about you @SonicFox5000 your savagery knows no bounds. I know you beat me, I felt it in my tight ass lantern jeans. You did NOT have to rub it in by dipping your testicles up and down repeatedly as I used my last bit of meter to roll in, just to eat a face full of nuts and bullets.

*Sob* I thought we was friends. *Sob*

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Killer Instinct.

The game's creative director had a very good response against this weird bagging prohibition:
"Competitive games can tell a story about the players if you let them"

I like that response. It is about the players. I mean- would we even know it was Sonic Fox playing if he didn't tea-bag every feasible second possible?

Sauce:
http://kotaku.com/temporary-tournament-teabagging-ban-splits-some-of-kill-1791583830
Thanks! That article has some very solid points, especially Adam Keits,

“Fighting games are psychology,” Killer Instinct’s lead combat designer Adam “Keits” Heart expressed on Twitter. “Disrespecting your opponent can be a psychological play. A ban for taunting removes an important human aspect. Competitive games can tell a story about the players if you let them. Trying to force everyone to be ‘friendly’ is shortsighted.”
EDIT: I will state that I do NOT think Teabagging should be banned.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I need an option for Deadshots teabagging. Cause that's worse then both options combined.....Oh wait.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Didn't 5 players use Deadshot?
Fairly certain, I'm accurate here:

Top 8 Results:
1. EchoFox SonicFox (Red Hood/Captain Cold/Black Canary/Deadshot)
2. EANIX Biohazard (Bane/Deadshot)
3. Noble Semiij (Catwoman)
4. PXP A f0xy Grampa (Deadshot/Catwoman)
5. RNG Whiteboi (Scarecrow/Deadshot)
5. NASR Tekken Master (Brainiac)
7. Noble Dragon (Black Adam/Wonder Woman)
7. OMGxBDON (Supergirl/Doctor Fate)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Fairly certain, I'm accurate here:

Top 8 Results:
1. EchoFox SonicFox (Red Hood/Captain Cold/Black Canary/Deadshot)
2. EANIX Biohazard (Bane/Deadshot)
3. Noble Semiij (Catwoman)
4. PXP A f0xy Grampa (Deadshot/Catwoman)
5. RNG Whiteboi (Scarecrow/Deadshot)
5. NASR Tekken Master (Brainiac)
7. Noble Dragon (Black Adam/Wonder Woman)
7. OMGxBDON (Supergirl/Doctor Fate)
Tekken master uses brainiac

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
There's nothing wrong with teabagging at all. If somebody is teabagging, that means they're not attacking. You can't attack and teabag at the same time. So somebody teabagging is leaving their self open, giving their opponent a chance to strike. It's your own fault for letting yourself get teabagged

4x4lo8o

Noob
I don't have a problem with teabagging in general, but I thought the way Sonic Fox did it at ECT was in sorta bad taste. At the end of a match where he counter picked Catwoman with Captain Cold and at the end - where it's clearly over - and he just sits there tea bagging instead of ending the match. And then he does it again. That's not a mind game and I didn't think it was entertaining to watch either. If you can end the match and you drag it out just so you can teabag that's crossing into disrespect in an unsportsmanlike way even if you think Sonic is a fun loving guy who doesn't mean anything by it

That said, the Deadshots were clearly worse

I guess I'll chime in since nobody else is against it. I hate it and find it extremely disrespectful nothing gets me irritated more and I can't wait until I whoop em and teabag back. That being said I also kinda agree with the sentiment of if you don't like then git gud. If you're winning it'll probably happen way less likely. You'll just never find me doing it.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
i'm not a fan of it.

it doesn't bother me enough to get under my skin.
but i think it's just disrespectful to the art of the fight.

would you ever expect two Shaolin having a match to do such things?
hell no.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Teabagging isn't even in the same realm as getting babalitied in UMK3 or MK9. The humiliation of a bablity is unrivaled. If anyone can't handle a teabag in a competitive video game, sorry but it's just not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.