What's new

General/Other - Erron Black What kind of changes would you like to see for erron in kp2?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
If he gets his hat in all of his variations then i wont ask for another buff.
C'mon man....

You know if you could dish out more regular doses of...

"Did that hurt?"
"Watch your step."
"Are you done trippin' over yourself so we can fight?"
"Was that your best BNB?" (Breaking the 3rd WALL!!!!)

You would never want to stop playing.

C'mon man....

You know if you could dish out more regular doses of...

"Did that hurt?"
"Watch your step."
"Are you done trippin' over yourself so we can fight?"
"Was that your best BNB?" (Breaking the 3rd WALL!!!!)

You would never want to stop playing.
"Your shoes are untied"

Reactions: GAV

Crathen

Death is my business
Mained EB from day 1 and I think he's totally fine as is.

The things I can get behind is making f132 safe against the whole cast, putting more frames on EX slide, and improving backdash. Maybe having a 7f d1 but I don't see that happening.

I would like them to remove the option select armor so his command grab mixups are relevant again.

2 as a mid is asking for the world, sorry but you guys are nuts to think he should have that. It would completely change the character.

tbh I'll be happy if they leave him alone completely. Light buffs would be nice but he's a very fair mid-tier character.
Removing the "option select" is not an option at this stage of the game , it means that the special cancel window when in blockstun has to be removed wich would end up making some stuff even harder to punish and make cmd grab characters hella strong with a system change.

A better backdash animation would be nice.

Most of all i think Erron needs a fast mid , it's one of the 2 main weaknesses he has , the other being no real counter tool to jump backs in neutral.

I suggested f24 because it's balanced in case of a buff , you can't tick throw anywhere in that string.

Making s2 a mid with a more + frames cmd grab is definately insane , but i still think he needs more advantage on his command grab , right now the oki / wallcarry / positioning is not worth the risk because Erron lives and dies by his reads on wakeups.

There's nothing bad in being a mid tier character , he's honest for the most part but when you go in a competitive tournament and have to face characters like Liu Kang , Takeda , Kung Lao , Quan Chi , Tremor , Jax , Sub and so on i definately feel you're at disadvantage , you're trying to play ground footsies , baiting wakeups , mixing up your cmd grabs and having to guess after being +8 for a bar while those characters meta 1 and 2 are straight forward denying your spacing , range on normals , out-damaging you or just block infinite / hard outzoning.

Thing is if someone is really trying to win "in the current state of the game" you'd not put time into Erron but other characters , hence my "list" of changes in case the top tier stay the same and the list where the top 10 is a bit normalized.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I still stand by leaving him alone. Improve his back dash maybe, and that's it. EB just takes little more thought and a few reads than the S class characters. I'm just REALLY REALLY REALLY leery of NRS taking some suggestion into account and then riffing on other stuff while they are working on him only to ruin him or over improve him to where the community is crying fowl.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Removing the "option select" is not an option at this stage of the game , it means that the special cancel window when in blockstun has to be removed wich would end up making some stuff even harder to punish and make cmd grab characters hella strong with a system change.
Nope. All you need to do is to disable blocking upon reversal input for N+1 frames, where N - number of frames remaining 'till the end of current blockstun. Done. Don't want reversal to come out after *this* particular hit you've blocked? Don't input reversal, easy.

Keep in mind also that NRS are making extra holes in pressure of some characters in their beta build which makes OS less relevant against pressure characters (as opposed to regular reversals which retain and improve their worth), so removal of OS won't make pressure characters that much stronger.

Also no, it won't make grapplers too strong. It's still low-damage full combo punishable mixup on every character that can do that due to they way NRS designed their grabs, both in general and every one of them in particular.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I still stand by leaving him alone. Improve his back dash maybe, and that's it. EB just takes little more thought and a few reads than the S class characters. I'm just REALLY REALLY REALLY leery of NRS taking some suggestion into account and then riffing on other stuff while they are working on him only to ruin him or over improve him to where the community is crying fowl.
Pretty much this. Erron relies on having to read the opponent well, but he's got the tools to be able to survive. He's a fair character.

Noob
Reducing the recovery frames on B32U1 to make NJP more consistent.
Buffing sand trap hit advantage - This especially was nerfed WAY too hard and I blame you @SonicFox5000!! xD
Outlaw needs F3 4+2 buffed and given a brutality!. As of right now its useless
B1 has no use and could be buffed

Outlaw
B211 is pretty useless
F111111111 is useless

Almost all of Outlaw's exclusive moves with the sword aside from the stab are useless, can't really speak for the other variations.