What's new

What gets you playing bad?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
You are either full of shit or your connection is somehow flawless. I am a completely different player offline. MK is all about making good reads and reacting FAST..and input delay throws instincts out the window and completely throws me off my game.
My connection is good. Not flawless. My friends that play with me on a regular bases see it all the time. They are dumbfounded by it as well, and honestly, not trying to be cocky or brag, but I guess im just a Jedi. :)

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Beating someone 5-0, then they win 1 (due to you picking someone your not great with) then they quit!

Lag completely ruins this game.

Anyone that is better than me (which is loads).

Other than that, its dead on.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Online especially Reptile, even if you were holding block the reaction time towards his Dash is nearly impossible and you just handed him free 11% damage from a move that is abusive and exploitable for online. At times when you do block his Dash for once, your punishment is delayed and the green bastard escapes free again.

If my opponent is constantly jumping and cross me up repeatedly like a jump punching drunk monkey I start playing bad because spacing gets f***ed up online with all that randomness then I start to spam them to death if they do. If I happen to play a character with air control, I immediately put a stop to that nonsense that happens online only. All it takes is round 1 for you to see how the match will turn out.

D1 anti-cross up is non-existent online, even if you somehow made it work it's difficult to follow it up on reaction because you didn't expect it to work that one time. For jump ins and cross ups, I just make sure my opponent will never get that opportunity during the match. I asked one player once why do you jump punch around so much and he said "I can't get my combos to work on the ground." <--- there goes online for you, jumping punching is the answer to make combos work.

Error

DF2+R2
If I play any later than 9PM I start sucking ass, and I'll even apologize after giving shitty games that I'm tired.
Playing randoms, jumping and hoping
Playing in lag.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
If I play any later than 9PM I start sucking ass, and I'll even apologize after giving shitty games that I'm tired.
Playing randoms, jumping and hoping
Playing in lag.
I know. I start doing bad when it gets too late too. Then I feel like a whiney bitch when I say "sorry, im doing bad"

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Playing late at night when I'm stoned. I turn in to a sliding panicky mess. Ugh. And if I have to talk to someone while I'm playing. That's game over

Sent from Cyberdyne Systems

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
My connection is good. Not flawless. My friends that play with me on a regular bases see it all the time. They are dumbfounded by it as well, and honestly, not trying to be cocky or brag, but I guess im just a Jedi. :)
meh, I've seen you do it... it's possible. If I wasn't too scared of getting blown up for trying it, I could probably do it too. My internet connection is awesome.

People moving around in my peripheral vision.
If anything touches me while I'm playing (dog/cat/drunk person leaning on my chair.)
If I have to talk to anyone about anything serious enough that I need to actually listen to them.
I'm almost not able to see the screen because it's that blurry after a good nights fun.

Any of those things.
Yea yea my damn dog lol.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

For me, I play worse when;
Online. Yes there is a difference in timing.
When I'm cold. My hands lock up.
If I'm being talked to and they expect a response.
And of course when I'm drunk.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

Playing at all.

Seriously though, playing for extended periods (talking weeks) will see a noticeable dip in my abilities. That's about the only thing that can cause a marked difference in me, I am consistently mediocre the rest of the time.