What's new

What gets you playing bad?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Just wondering if anyone else had the same problems I have.

I start playing worse when:
Its like 2 in the morning and I am still playing
When in KotH
When I am talking to people
When at a friends house and playing on a diff tv, controller, even the chair you use.
And I seem to do worse with the lights on! dufuq!

So, what about you guys?

Lulzlou

Noob
When I'm crashing from adderall at night. The best time to play me is during the day on psn or offline meet ups.

Other than that, trying to get down new shit in matches.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I land my shit online quite consistantly, but when some of those things get factored in, they all just go to piss.
yeah, i can aa most the time too, but it's everynow and then ( like early today....) you have that one guy who jumps in every time, and you try to aa everytime.....and he just bodies you...and then you quit and give him the really fast goodgame so you don't look salty lol

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
People moving around in my peripheral vision.
If anything touches me while I'm playing (dog/cat/drunk person leaning on my chair.)
If I have to talk to anyone about anything serious enough that I need to actually listen to them.
I'm almost not able to see the screen because it's that blurry after a good nights fun.

Any of those things.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
when i try to down 1 aa online and get blown up by full combo mostly because i get pissed.....and also everything you said lol
My biggest issue is lag in general.. but with a bit of lag, standing 1,2 or crouching 1,4 as an anti air gets me blown up. I get SALTY. Today I was getting blown up by a total scrub that constantly jumped in and crossed up because of the lag/input delay I couldn't time anti airs right..then he fatalities me. I was mad as hell.. I play Jax, jumping in on me like that normally gets you bodied. Damn you mk online!

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
My biggest issue is lag in general.. but with a bit of lag, standing 1,2 or crouching 1,4 as an anti air gets me blown up. I get SALTY. Today I was getting blown up by a total scrub that constantly jumped in and crossed up because of the lag/input delay I couldn't time anti airs right..then he fatalities me. I was mad as hell.. I play Jax, jumping in on me like that normally gets you bodied. Damn you mk online!
dude i already know......or when people so shit that would never work offline....like a subzero hit me with a full screen slide...i was like are your fucking joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
dude i already know......or when people so shit that would never work offline....like a subzero hit me with a full screen slide...i was like are your fucking joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
impossible, online or off. Slide doesn't travel full screen. :confused:

As for the actual question...

When I'm getting beat really bad and get mad... all fundamentals and patience go out the window and I start jumping, sliding, teleporting to get in, get blown up for it, and then keep doing it b/c dammit... I can't let them beat me that bad! lmao

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Just wondering if anyone else had the same problems I have.

I start playing worse when:
Its like 2 in the morning and I am still playing
When in KotH
When I am talking to people
When at a friends house and playing on a diff tv, controller, even the chair you use.
And I seem to do worse with the lights on! dufuq!

So, what about you guys?
Pretty much everything you listed except that last one. I can't play my character in KOTH or 0-1 dot lag. He's unplayable. At least the way I play him.

Also, when someone is watching me play. I start dropping shit...:(

Oh, and I always lose my first match of the week. Doesn't matter the skill level. I play like ass. lol.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
People moving around in my peripheral vision.
If anything touches me while I'm playing (dog/cat/drunk person leaning on my chair.)
If I have to talk to anyone about anything serious enough that I need to actually listen to them.
I'm almost not able to see the screen because it's that blurry after a good nights fun.

Any of those things.
I'm just going to go ahead and answer what makes GnG CrimsonPanther and I play bad...OUR FUCKING CELLPHONES! INCESSANTLY RINGING/VIBRATING A HOLE THROUGH OUR POCKETS!

I suffer from phantom ringtones, that's how much I hear the damn thing..."Where are you?! When're you coming back?!" "I have a migraine!" "LULZ JK I FINE NAO 2 MINZ AFTR U GIT HOME TROLOLOL *coolface.jpg*" :mad:

"Wanna do it?" "Nope, goodnight! :)"

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Someone beating me with a low tier character abusing online bullshit

ie Sheeva telestomp nonsense. I spin that shit every time but with lag and all....i get hit before it comes out.
Also Scorpion spear. That thing is impossible to react to online, just cause of the delay. spear uppercut lol you so pro.

Espio

Kokomo
When people lose ten games, win one and leave.

Counterpicking in casuals...like don't expect me to keep playing you if you're going to counterpick me every game like we're playing a tournament match. Casuals are for fun and experience, please stop trying to counterpick my Sheeva with Kung Lao...it's sad at this point lol.

Lagleena...er Mileena.

Reptile.....I need not elaborate further can't do anything to him online.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
For some reason I play better when I'm drunk *shrug*,but on a serious note for some reason when I play by myself I make good reads,execution is solid,i don't drop combos,but as soon a friend or someone comes and see me play i start to fuck up. They just look at me and said "You suck at this game" :(

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Online itself dosnt really get me mad. There is nothing I can do offline that I cant do online. d1 crossup, AA, counter poke, interupt strings etc. All very possible online.

I play worse too when someones watching!
You are either full of shit or your connection is somehow flawless. I am a completely different player offline. MK is all about making good reads and reacting FAST..and input delay throws instincts out the window and completely throws me off my game.