What's new

Question - Goro What do we think NRS will change about Goro with the next balance patch?

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Honestly I don't think they'll be touching him at all. If we're talking unnecessary, I'd say ability to control EX Telestomp on upwards hit (dunno if you notice but you always track if oyu hit them on the way up) or something silly like improving his non-TF fireball for some reason.

Miley Cyrus

Wrecking Ball
Sort of like a lot of people have said, I don't particularly feel he 'needs' anything; he stands on his own very well. Everything else would just be a cherry on the top.

Personally, I'd like for B12U2 to do a percent or two more to make his meterless damage better. Would make the KW OTG even stronger.

But, like I said, not necessary. Just would be nice.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Sort of like a lot of people have said, I don't particularly feel he 'needs' anything; he stands on his own very well. Everything else would just be a cherry on the top.

Personally, I'd like for B12U2 to do a percent or two more to make his meterless damage better. Would make the KW OTG even stronger.

But, like I said, not necessary. Just would be nice.
Um i agree, but he does need some buffs, for example make his f3 12 or 13 frames so he can have a good advancing mid, increase his movement speed, make his chest lunge - 8, make his triple ex fireball all mids and thats about it

Gruff757

The Gruff
Another thing they should change is how F4 only launches high enough for a combo if the opponent is standing up.
This needs to happen against crouching opponents also.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Please make a string involving B3 as a starter, if the opponent knows the matchup that move is useless. Unless I do B3xFist Furry

haketh

Noob
Another thing they should change is how F4 only launches high enough for a combo if the opponent is standing up.
This needs to happen against crouching opponents also.
You get a conversion when you're in the corner

So Ya boy been thinking about Goro changes for KP2

Universal
F3 sped up to 10 frames
F2 sped up to 15
EX Punchwalk now -10 or whatever would make it punishable by everyone, I hate just do it moves on principle
U2 hits diagonal for better AA
U1 sped up

Tigrar Fury
Fireball recovers in 18 frames
EX Fireballs are all mid

Don't really think Fangs needs any changes that aren't universal & I don't know enough about Warrior. Only luxury buffs I would like to see are CMD Grab input changed to D,B+3 & 3D3 launching straight up so you get something off it midscreen.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
You get a conversion when you're in the corner

So Ya boy been thinking about Goro changes for KP2

Universal
F3 sped up to 10 frames
F2 sped up to 15
EX Punchwalk now -10 or whatever would make it punishable by everyone, I hate just do it moves on principle
U2 hits diagonal for better AA
U1 sped up

Tigrar Fury
Fireball recovers in 18 frames
EX Fireballs are all mid

Don't really think Fangs needs any changes that aren't universal & I don't know enough about Warrior. Only luxury buffs I would like to see are CMD Grab input changed to D,B+3 & 3D3 launching straight up so you get something off it midscreen.
Please stop lol, making his xx pw minus 10 is dumb also the other changes i dont agree with, because if you wanna make his pw -10 and give him all these buffs you might as well not give him buffs.

Agilaz

It has begun
Either do something to give him better mobility (better dashes, better walk/run speed, shave frames off stomp and ex stomp) or improve the frames and range on his advancing normals

also for the love of goro please make punchwalk recapture after the first hit

haketh

Noob
Please stop lol, making his xx pw minus 10 is dumb also the other changes i dont agree with, because if you wanna make his pw -10 and give him all these buffs you might as well not give him buffs.
How is that a net nerf lol, his main problem is that his primary footsies tools are a bit to slow to rely on in neutral. I'd rather have the stronger neutral tools over the safe armor & I jsut plain do not like that shit existing.

I know... the problem is that you dont get that conversion if the opponent is crouching...
Is that character specific? Cuz I do it on the people my locals play? I could see it not working on females
[/QUOTE]

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
How is that a net nerf lol, his main problem is that his primary footsies tools are a bit to slow to rely on in neutral. I'd rather have the stronger neutral tools over the safe armor & I jsut plain do not like that shit existing.

Is that character specific? Cuz I do it on the people my locals play? I could see it not working on females
[/QUOTE]
Thats goros thing he slow but really safe and plus and has a great upclose game/meta, buffing his footsie tools with his bad movement speed wont do him that good, xxpunchwalk is such a good tool, because it is safe, has good damage,you can convert even if they arent on the ground,and is extending, and has 2 hits of armor. Making that -10 while buffing his footsie tools changes goro alot, because people will just bait your punchwalk, and zone you out, makin xxpw -10 destroys his meta. So lets say i do punchwalk or xxpunchwalk and i have another bar in both scenarios, now i can either xx punchwalk, anit air, press buttons, etc. lets say i do xxpunchwalk im safe and they block, now maybe they will jump, do a high, grab, etc. xxpunchwalk minus 10= almost a complete destruction of his meta and is simply not needed.

haketh

Noob
Thats goros thing he slow but really safe and plus and has a great upclose game/meta, buffing his footsie tools with his bad movement speed wont do him that good, xxpunchwalk is such a good tool, because it is safe, has good damage,you can convert even if they arent on the ground,and is extending, and has 2 hits of armor. Making that -10 while buffing his footsie tools changes goro alot, because people will just bait your punchwalk, and zone you out, makin xxpw -10 destroys his meta. So lets say i do punchwalk or xxpunchwalk and i have another bar in both scenarios, now i can either xx punchwalk, anit air, press buttons, etc. lets say i do xxpunchwalk im safe and they block, now maybe they will jump, do a high, grab, etc. xxpunchwalk minus 10= almost a complete destruction of his meta and is simply not needed.
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree, the fact he has to rely on yolo punchwalks is a problem. Fundamentally I believe you get to pick two: Safe, Launch, Armor.

And thanks for reminding me about a wlkspeed buff, that is the thing I would love to see more than anything.

Last edited:

n9195v

Noob
This is what I think Goro needs.
Even faster U1 and U2. It's still slow for an anti air that doesn't always work.
Forward 2 12 frames start up
Forward 3 10 frames start up
More advantage after grab
Faster run start up

TF
Faster start up on fireballs or hard knockdown from fireballs.

KW
Nothing

DF
Hard knockdown on BF2

Give him a new move that's just like earth shaker like doomsday had in injustice but make it hit 4 times. While being able to free style the over head or low on every hit. For example overhead low overhead overhead or low low low low etc Etc y'all get the point