What's new

What could "fix" MKX to you?

Normal Step: set default round timer to an actual 90 seconds.
Game Changing For The Best Step: patch in IGAU-ish style pushblock for block breakers: costs one bar, no stamina.
Pretty Much Insane Lets Shake Things Up Step: reinstate 4 frame wakeup invincibility. That's right, I said it. Why the hell not. Character dependant anti-airs, next to no legitimate defensive options throughout the meta...if youre gonna make things crazy, make them all the way crazy.
In regards to your "Game Changing for the Best Step" you nailed it on the head, although I'm not sure if they should cost no stamina.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
If community consisted of people like you there would be no patches.
That's not what I meant. Some things can't be changed in patches. The mechanics, flow, pace...ect. have nothing to do with balance patches for the good of the game. Fixes like buff/nerf are necessary, but what isn't necessary is talking about unrealistc things that would completely change the way the game is played. Of course I want balance and glitches to be patched, sorry if my first post wasn't clear enough.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Hmmm...id say maybe, make anti airs more viable, tone down or eliminate blockstun (some moves are very minus but theblockstun makes it incredibly hard to punish if you can even punish at all), also eliminate being on advantage after a njp so when someone gets knocked down, the opponent cant just njp and continue their pressure on block. Fix the numerous amount of hitbox inconsistenciesas well. Now is they aren't fixed id still be fine with mkx. If people spent more time figuring out their mains and less time complaining, there would be A LOT more great players and more competition other than the usual yomi vs cr. Not saying the OP is, just a trend im starting to see on tym.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
-universally buff aa d2s
-make stages wider
-add recovery frames to whiffed air normals
-make block breaker 1 bar and 1 stamina bar with slower recovery
- make brea king only take away one stamina bar
-make quan low bat a mid
-make tanyas rekas more negative when not delayed
-allow canceling into nj from run
-make it to when someone is knocked down, you cant run push them to the córner Or make it less
-remove stupid varying block stun from certain moves
-Bring back dash blocking and make it require stamina

All i got

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I could go on as I have in the past but I'll be brief.

-Make zoning relevant again

-Ummm, NO running but dashing. Yeah that about sums it up for me.

Character wise(ie like Ermac) give everyone universal moves like say his fireball and not just one variation? Everyone else just about has universal projectiles of some sort Kung Lao, Quan Chi, Sub-Zero, Scorpion etc, etc but Ermac for some reason someone said "let's fuck him over and give him a fireball in only ONE variation since some people bitched over him outzoning them in MK 9." lol

The netcode thing means little to me because it's good enough to be playable and every game online(yes EVERY game) lags, slows down or suffers from frame rate issues at some point or another...yet people act like "only MK lags har har" no, it's not just MK....

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
1. Good Netcode (not from stone age era like it is now)
2. (personal note) Kenshi to be good enough to compete
3. Remove of bullshit "near" unblockables and stupid ass "all day long" pressure that some character have that you can't (almost) do anything

I can live with other MK X shortcomings.

Last edited:
One more thing I want to say -- threads like these aren't very productive because it encourages simple listings of things people want instead of them actually typing out detailed explanations for why they feel their requests are appropriate. If you truly think your suggestion is logical for the betterment of this game and have substantial arguments to support it, then make a thread about it and welcome criticism. That's what I plan on doing with 1 bar block breakers, and that's what I did with my Sorcerer Quan buff thread. This thread is just taking up space on the front page while accomplishing nothing but giving a platform to any layman's opinions whether they're well thought out or not.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Just to clarify, I don't actually feel that way, he's just known for not being a good poster and I just felt like randomly blowing him up. :DOGE
but man, that was sooooo ruuuuude :DOGE

One more thing I want to say -- threads like these aren't very productive because it encourages simple listings of things people want instead of them actually typing out detailed explanations for why they feel their requests are appropriate. If you truly think your suggestion is logical for the betterment of this game and have substantial arguments to support it, then make a thread about it and welcome criticism. That's what I plan on doing with 1 bar block breakers, and that's what I did with my Sorcerer Quan buff thread. This thread is just taking up space on the front page while accomplishing nothing but giving a platform to any layman's opinions whether they're well thought out or not.
wait... buff Quan Chi?

i agree with the rest

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Netcode.

The rest of the game is mostly fine except a couple SMALL balance adjustments here and there. I like the idea(s) about block breaker being a thing that isn't pointless.

but man, that was sooooo ruuuuude :DOGE

wait... buff Quan Chi?

i agree with the rest
It wasn't actually a Sorcerer Quan buff thread, it was specifically based around making his meter drain spell useful, since it's currently useless. I went very in depth with it and it wouldn't actually buff Sorcerer that much at all. You can read it if you want, it's at the top of the Quan forum under the sticky'd threads.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
It wasn't actually a Sorcerer Quan buff thread, it was specifically based around making his meter drain spell useful, since it's currently useless. I went very in depth with it and it wouldn't actually buff Sorcerer that much at all. You can read it if you want, it's at the top of the Quan forum under the sticky'd threads.
oh yeah well, there are plenty of useless moves in the game like dualist's healing thingy, but Sorcerer works fine with both armor and hex spells. I'll go check it btw :)

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
1. Remove any and all gaps from every string from ever character from being interrupted by any armored special but not environmental object attacks.
2. Give every character the option to cancel into a special from any combo string, including hard knockdown strings into specials after the second hit.