What's new

General/Other - Tanya What are your first impressions from the Tanya Stream?

I see some people in other threads have mentioned this too: Zatanna looked to be God tier at her reveal with all of her options, but she turned out more of a mid tier.
Can't jump too quick on the "Top Tier" bus, even if it does look really promising
one thing for sure, she does have a lot of lows and overheads, and we all know NRS love when their overheads and lows are powerful in mkx :DOGE

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
First impression is she looks fun. Flashy combos and really mobile. Not gonna say she's godlike because frame data is apart of mkx too and i haven't seen any

LeoMK29

Noob
Excited to play her. Possible new main if Mileena doesn't work out. Ha. I can't wait for all the crying if she is as good as she looks. Lol.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Tanya has everything you need to succeed in this game. She has 50/50's, MID HITTING ground projectiles, aerial projectiles, teleports, setups, and good damage for combos. It's ridiculous. She seemingly has NO weaknesses. We'll have to see the frame data before declaring her broken, but she looks easily top tier right now. Added Bonus: She has Sasha Banks' finisher as a Fatality!!!

I can't wait until midnight
!!!

x TeeJay o

I mean , Kitana players can't be worse than Kenshi ones right ? Right ???

:(

Don't hate me. I don't cry about any character I hit the lab & #levelup! I think kitana/mileena are good !

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Sure. BLOCKED.

Naaaah, just kidding man, altough i hate this "Tanya is what Kitana should've been" tears, i will drink them LOL
Tanya looks fabulous, it's just irritating to see moves that could so easily belong to Jade not be given to the character with an actual Jade variation. Kitana gets a single move with her staff (not counting the shadow kick) and Tanya gets all of this.

I just don't understand the design decisions made by NRS when it comes to a lot of things in this game.

x TeeJay o

Tanya looks fabulous, it's just irritating to see moves that could so easily belong to Jade not be given to the character with an actual Jade variation. Kitana gets a single move with her staff (not counting the shadow kick) and Tanya gets all of this.

I just don't understand the design decisions made by NRS when it comes to a lot of things in this game.
Fair Point

MikeDigs

Twerk
Tanya looks dope, I like teleports and sure 50/50s are nice, ill take those. Mileena is fine-ish but Kitana def was left in the dust. Kitana's designers and testers for sure have major salt left over from MK9.

It looks like she has a lot of great tools, but for all we know she could have the most ass frame data of all time. Still she looks incredibly fun to play, and I'll definitely be trying her out. I love it when the pure design of a character makes people salty.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Welp, thank god they didn't give kitana anything skarlet had either, its like mixing oil with water.

Kitana is fun, isn't she your favorite character?