What's new

WB Addresses Netcode Issues

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
PAUSE can somebody copy n paste what they said here plz? My work finally blocked reddit from computer use :(

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
PAUSE can somebody copy n paste what they said here plz? My work finally blocked reddit from computer use :(
Official Lag and Online East Statement

Misc
Hello all,
We understand that there have been reports and concern regarding lag spikes after the recent patch, but, after a thorough check of our online functionality we have found that everything is running normally. However, during our check we did find that the disconnect icon appears far more than it actually should. This includes instances where it appears even in stable games, and we will work on resolving that soon. Due to our findings the Pro Kompetition’s Online NA East is still scheduled for this weekend June 8th.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

Misc
Hello all,
We understand that there have been reports and concern regarding lag spikes after the recent patch, but, after a thorough check of our online functionality we have found that everything is running normally. However, during our check we did find that the disconnect icon appears far more than it actually should. This includes instances where it appears even in stable games, and we will work on resolving that soon. Due to our findings the Pro Kompetition’s Online NA East is still scheduled for this weekend June 8th.
Interesting....I mean, I dunno about that....cuz i certainly feel more than just a damn icon appearing at the bottom after this recent patch. They betta keep on digging and find a solution to the shit PRONTO or else people will just drop playing online all together....

Thank ya kindly for copy pasta this ;)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Interesting that they found no problem and the issue is isolated to NA East. My connection has been laggy and I am NA East.
When they say "NA East" they are talking about the online tournament, not people living in NA East.

Afumba

Noob
Its not just a NA East thing... i am in europe and it happens to people here too. That red symbol blinking away every other minute, lagspikes during animation and random spikes were the ping just shoots up like 150-200ms for a second or so... Neither me nor anyone i know had even seen that blinky thing before the patch.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Fascinating. Even if we take that blow off into account, what about the insane framerate issues the newest patch brought with it? The Kahn's Coliseum is still suicide to play and many other levels are quite choppy too (though they do eventually level out after a painful first minute or so). I'm very tired of being forced to play on a small set of levels to avoid random FPS issues.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
This is hilarious. Not only did they 'not find an issue' but the indicator was wrong this whole time, so the connections were even better then what was displayed. Fantastic.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Ah, I get what’s happening, it’s been right in front of our faces the whole time. NRS knows exactly what they’re doing. Their marketing department are geniuses. They’re trying to get the NRS logo in the dictionary next to “hot mess”. That’s thousands of dollars of free marketing every year! Clever girl...

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they're probably telling the truth that that's all they've found so far, but... I mean... they need to look harder.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Honestly I think (I hope :confused:) they are just buying time until the Shang patch, where they will fix all of these issues.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm no networking or coding expert, but if the netcode "fix" requires a local uninstall and reinstall, then wouldn't it only work if both you and your opponent ran this fix? I mean, if you go through these hoops, but your opponent didn't and lags like all hell, then the match is still going to lag.

This needs to be patched, not rely on the entirety of the player base to call tech support and go through these steps.
Agreed, sounds like WB or NRS whoever trying to take the lazy path when they can just patch it. I mean it was their update that screwed it up, so naturally they should fix it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

Misc
Hello all,
lol, NRS's addresses? More like Denies Netcode issues. Hard to believe whoever made that statement actually made that statement. :eek::confused: