What's new

WB Addresses Netcode Issues

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
Sounds like a generic response to most issues from level 1 support.

In fact, this is pretty much exactly what i was told when I (and many others) had the infinite connecting to online glitch after the 2nd round of DLC for MKX. It didn't fix shit. The fix came two(!) - TWO! - patches AFTER that DLC update. I think 2-3 months later...

Only way around it was to use another profile that wasn't affected IIRC (so you don't have all your progress etc). Don't know if anyone has tried the game with a different profile on the same system to see if that makes any difference.

But yeah, I wouldn't be spending my time uninstalling/reinstalling until there's a confirmation that it does in fact work.
Yeah, I was thinking this is probably their "in the meantime" strategy. If they're aware of the issue, a fix has to be incoming.

I would encourage everyone to follow the link in the OP Tweet to submit a report and make sure they know how many people it's affecting.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Last time I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it with MK X, I had some issues before it worked which they fixed with a patch eventually so screw that lol. My issue with Xbox is I get slowdown, lag same with my switch version ever since their last update so I complained and submitted both. However, on my Xbox I've noticed I get logged out of the servers entirely, so I have to log out of my profile then log back in. Which I never had to do before this patch, I just went into the game and refreshed the menu. They need to just put a patch to fix this for all consoles....I'm not deleting shit, especially after all those hours of grinding lol.

Maybe it's just me but this seems to happen at least once with every NRS game during one of their updates lol...

However, on my Xbox I've noticed I get logged out of the servers entirely, so I have to log out of my profile then log back in. Which I never had to do before this patch, I just went into the game and refreshed the menu.
I've had to do that since day1. But even then, sometimes I do, other times not. Not sure what the difference is.

I'd do the uninstall//download & reinstall 50gb of game, delete/restore profile thing - IF there was confirmation that it worked, guaranteed. I already did that once with MKX, spent 20+hours downloading the whole game again on a shitty 4mb DSL connection, even though I was installing from disc, only to have it not fix shit.

Not falling for that again.

Just played some matches last night. Granted I'm on WiFi but I was playing 60 - 80 ping matches and it was constant lag and connection interrupted icon popups. Before the patch the game would run smooth as butter except for the occasional match. At this point I would say online is unplayable.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Played games with Rolltide and Matador/Infinisynth last night. Connection was pretty good actually, especially since switching to wired. One of them is in Alabama area so that was closer to me geographically and better than the other on the east coast, so a little delay for the distance on the latter. Still the best it's been since the patch for me.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Played games with Rolltide and Matador/Infinisynth last night. Connection was pretty good actually, especially since switching to wired. One of them is in Alabama area so that was closer to me geographically and better than the other on the east coast, so a little delay for the distance on the latter. Still the best it's been since the patch for me.
I have nearly no in-round issues when playing wired/wired, just between matches and rounds.

MKF30

I've had to do that since day1. But even then, sometimes I do, other times not. Not sure what the difference is.

I'd do the uninstall//download & reinstall 50gb of game, delete/restore profile thing - IF there was confirmation that it worked, guaranteed. I already did that once with MKX, spent 20+hours downloading the whole game again on a shitty 4mb DSL connection, even though I was installing from disc, only to have it not fix shit.

Not falling for that again.
Yeah this has never been an issue for me, usually I just shut off my xbox with or without going to home and next time I start it up I'd just refresh the menu and it would work. lol. But now I guess til they patch these things or update etc, have to log in. Yeah, I don't blame you lol. Last time I did all that nonsense for MK X and at first it didn't work, then it worked then they patched it etc Haha wow I remember when I had DSL back in 2004, now I have Fios have had it for a while it's so much faster.

MKF30

What do you mean refresh the menu? i feel i'm missing something here?
Oh like say when you're in the game right, and you go to the Konquer part and you see ToT, Online and the Store anything that's connected to the internet. Say you go on there right and it's bolded in red(implying you're not connected to the servers) I just jump from menu to menu or go into Fight then jump back out and usually when I do that a few times it refreshes the other main menu's and it usually connects me to the servers automatically as if I'm logging back in but ever since this last update that trick don't seem to work lol. Also on the store part, there's an actual refresh option to see what's on sale to buy that day. On Xbox it's A, On Switch it's A. Not sure what it is on PC or PS4. :)

Last edited:

Xelz

Go over there!
I'm no networking or coding expert, but if the netcode "fix" requires a local uninstall and reinstall, then wouldn't it only work if both you and your opponent ran this fix? I mean, if you go through these hoops, but your opponent didn't and lags like all hell, then the match is still going to lag.

This needs to be patched, not rely on the entirety of the player base to call tech support and go through these steps.