What's new

"Was It Good For You?" Mileena Tutorial Video Series

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
thanks for the new vid TheChad_87, looking forward to part 3

i do have a query regarding roll punishing pokes portion on the video,
u were doing d1 and d4 back to back rather than doing one then blocking,you seemed to be rolling the opp is the startup of the next poke rather than the recovery frames??

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Yeah. We talked about that and the fact that, for whatever godawful reason, I didnt follow up the Teleport Drop with a Safe Jump in the section against Liu. I wasnt thinking when I recorded those sections. It's harder to get with someone to record exact, specific things when you're online as opposed to face to face.

It works to punish though. The average D1 is 6-7 frames with a 25 frame duration. That leaves a good ~18 frame window, so from just outside max D1 distance, thats 6 frames to follow-up. It's definitely possible, especially since the input for Ball Roll is BACK, down, 4. You can step back out of range, then hit D+4 and Roll em everytime.

Works on D4 as well as the average D4 is 12 frames and 32 frames duration, giving ~20 frames. Keep in mind, Mileena will be further away. For this reason, I actually find it harder to Roll a D4 (but not impossible).

Play around with it some yourself and see what you think. I actually just Rolled an Ermac player for whiffing a D1 just before I logged on ^___^

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Yes and No ...

Mileena will phase through the attack, so the Elbow/Slide will whiff; but the Bite wont hit either.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Guess I'll have to test each indiviual thing because I've been stuffing Kabal and Kitana in actual matches against EN versions. So it definitely still works against some attacks. Tbh, It's more of a gamble than it's worth most of the time anyway. It's cool, and worth knowing, but this is definitely not something any Mileena player should be doing every time.

The more I play this game, the more disgusted I get with NRS for doing such a piss poor job on the training/practice mode. There's SO many things that are dysjointed between the trainer and actual gameplay, and the lack of a record function pisses me off to no end.

Somberness

Lights
Guess I'll have to test each indiviual thing because I've been stuffing Kabal and Kitana in actual matches against EN versions. So it definitely still works against some attacks. Tbh, It's more of a gamble than it's worth most of the time anyway. It's cool, and worth knowing, but this is definitely not something any Mileena player should be doing every time.

The more I play this game, the more disgusted I get with NRS for doing such a piss poor job on the training/practice mode. There's SO many things that are dysjointed between the trainer and actual gameplay, and the lack of a record function pisses me off to no end.
I hear ya with that. It's actually a cpu issue but same thing really, it's not consistent. If you need someone to help test something, maybe I could help.

Umm.......there's no need to stuff kitana with a bite trap, just duck......

At the least I think

also, what's your opinion on the reptile match up against mileena?

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
If you need someone to help test something, maybe I could help.

Thank you much. I may take you up on that. :)

Umm.......there's no need to stuff kitana with a bite trap, just duck......

At the least I think
It's true. I've just been using it some online in matches to see if it works. Honestly, it had very few practical applications, but it's something to think about regardless.

also, what's your opinion on the reptile match up against mileena?
Mileena wins 6-4.
His weird hitbox makes her Tele-kickxxSai jail. He can't throw regular Forceballs because of Teleport Drop. His anti-airs are not very good. [Standing 2 will get the job done, but it's not the most reliable thing out there.] She punishes a blocked Elbow Dash for 28% [11xxRoll U4 B14 112xxBite]. The big thing is when she zones, she should be using ground Sai so he can't get a knockdown and free Forceballs. The only things he has going for him in this MU are the 6f Elbow Dash and EN Forceball, and imo, it's not enough. He also has B4 as an answer to D4, but honestly, I think we're past the stage where we spam D4 ^_^

A lot of Reptile players will disagree and call it an even 5-5; and that's fine, but I think Pig proved at TRK that the match-up is hers to lose. She runs all over Reptile.

Actually, I'll just give you my matchup chart:

Baraka: 6-4
Cage: 3-7
CSZ: 6-4
Cyrax: 5-5
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy: 6-4
Jade: 5-5
Jax: 5-5
Kabal: 5-5
Kano: 6-4
Kenshi: 3-7
Kitana: 5-5
KL: 4-6
Liu Kang: 5-5
NW: 6-4
Noob: 6-4
Quan Chi: 5-5
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 6-4
Scorpion: 5-5
Sektor: 5-5
Shang: 5-5
Sheeva: 8-2
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya: 3-7
Stryker: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 5-5
Total: 153

5 bad MUs. I think Noob and Sindel are possible 7-3s.