What's new

Strategy Was it good for you? - Mileena general discussion

New Ethereal Mileena Tech

So, as CD has one for Kitana, Detroit for Shang, I decided to dedicate myself to mileena (since I go by Mr. Mileena lol), and tried to find anything really good with her.

Well, I did.
I will be showcasing it at SCR
and let me tell you, it's big.

All I can say is that combos have to be ended in a specific method, and then you can proceed to 100% Prevent wakeup attacks, and wakeup rolls.

If they try and wakeup attack, they will eat a specific amount of damage (don't want to be precise in the damage to reveal the move/tactic), if they wake up roll and don't hold block, they will eat damage, if they wakeup roll while holding block, they will eat chip damage.

The main thing is that this ELIMINATES wakeups 100% and this move is safe on block as well, and it keeps the pressure going by Mileena.

This is NOT Reo's ending combos in teleport kicks, even that is not 100% safe.

This tech is 100% safe, guarantees 2% chip damage, if blocked, and a specific amount of damaged if not blocked, tried to wakeup or xray, etc.

One more month till this showcase ;)

P.S- I did not include all of the tech, i want the other half to be a surprise.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
you honestly should. i spent a long time with mileena in the lab, and youd be surprised at things you can find with your favorite character.

do it man,
My friend CURBOLICOUS sent me a message today, and he said "Hey King, I found out some new stuff with jax today, you gotta see it. I might to do it at NEC on somebody. I figured out some really good pressure with him, and I figured how to 100% in the corner, with jax!"

I was like, you just figured that out today? LOL

My friend CURBOLICOUS sent me a message today, and he said "Hey King, I found out some new stuff with jax today, you gotta see it. I might to do it at NEC on somebody. I figured out some really good pressure with him, and I figured how to 100% in the corner, with jax!"

I was like, you just figured that out today? LOL
Lol, i didnt post ALL of my tech, this is just a sample.

it's crazy good for mileena

Alright I going to throw random guesses, it is ending combos with a neutral jump punch into a tele kick, or is it after doing back 24 you do a tele kick followed by the sai into another telekick. I think is back 2 4 I might be wrong since I have not touched the game.

Alright seems I have not been told that I am wrong I am going to assume that is the new tech, if not is it the telekick reset?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
This better not be in my guide already, I'm very annoyed when Mileena players claim new tech, and it's already in my stickied guide.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
im guessing it's a delayed B2 after a roll.
I was thinking that (sans roll), but that doesn't make sense to me either.
Though it is able to hit people on the ground, and would remove their wakeup if one were to block it...

I'm more interested in the tech he didn't tell us about.

Hm, okay...apparently after one of those reset style U4's that grounds the opponent, you have time to dash forward and perform B2 in time before they can wakeup attack or roll.

SZSR

Noob
what is SCR?
South California Regionals.

I'd like to see this new Tech soon, I do have a question, hypothetically, could this new Tech outdo invincible moves like Smoke's enhanced wakeup Teleport and armored moves? (I.e., can meter moves beat it?)

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Hm, okay...apparently after one of those reset style U4's that grounds the opponent, you have time to dash forward and perform B2 in time before they can wakeup attack or roll.
I really think it's this TBH, I can't find anything else she has that lets her stop, go through, or around wakeup attacks.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, read points 9, 13, and 14 in my guide.

AIBOSTON

Don't be mad!
I've been reading this.....and....Um....I can't find out WTH yall talking about???? Sorry.....I'm ugh....um....My brains hurt...I'ma just go play MK now.

Somberness

Lights
At first I thought it was ending with just B2 and was like, noooo. But using splits and then B2... if you use the right combo so that you don't have to sacrifice damage to be able to land it, not much is lost if it is blocked. Actually, only 1% with the combo I use: jump punch, u4,b14,b14,4~roll,b14~neckbite 38%. Jump punch, u4,b14,b14,4~roll,u4,dash~b2 does 44% if not blocked or 37% if it is. Plus, you get a little more meter from the opponent guarding than ending with a special. After the u+4 in that combo, you are about +58, while b+2 hits on the 41st frame when the opponent is that low. Her dash has a 24 frame duration so you have to cancel the dash right about where her front foot hits the ground, which is basically where her forward movement ends anyway. I would just be careful of trying to block when b2 is blocked, there's a bug that you can't block until the sai disappears unless you press something else too. I think it's pretty cool that there is a use for the move now. I think if she didn't already have neckbite that it would be a game changer.

South California Regionals.

I'd like to see this new Tech soon, I do have a question, hypothetically, could this new Tech outdo invincible moves like Smoke's enhanced wakeup Teleport and armored moves? (I.e., can meter moves beat it?)
Nothing can beat it if timed right because the stab hits OTG. The +58 means the advantage until b2 will not work. Some moves ignore regular knockdown invincibility and only adhere to wakeup invincibility rules. Even x-rays can't beat wakeup invincibility, except Cage's.

End random info dump.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yes!! more chat going on here of new stuff, finally!!

i found the mileena forum a bit less active lately besides the matchup chart thread and pimp's epic guide
great to see a bit more chatter goin on

exitcited to see this new stuff(please be new :))

Sasuga

Noob
I really think it's this TBH, I can't find anything else she has that lets her stop, go through, or around wakeup attacks.
If you don't know what I'm talking about, read points 9, 13, and 14 in my guide.
I think so too. Like the Scorpion tech that puts the opponent back on its feet even before the wakeup can be done. It has to be something like that.

I´m guessing, end combo with U4, teleport kick to put yourself next to the opponent and then a B3 into sai or something.

But whatever it is, I´m curious!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
READ MY GUIDE READ MY GUIDE READ MY GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!

:)

Btw i figured i out

rock!