What's new

VSM KT Smith's Living Injustice Tier Chart

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Best post of the entire thread so far. We need a "really fucking like" button

I especially love that people say this guy is low and this char is high w/such conviction, like they are 100% sure. Cause obviously all FG communities are 100% accurate on tier placings after 8 days of release, of course
Dude. Tier lists are fun. Not everyone will agree, but that doesn't mean the thread is a bad idea. Just a discussion starter. If you aren't interested in discussing tiers you really shouldn't be part of a forum dedicated to FG fans. It is a central thing on the forums. If it isn't tier discussion it is nerf demands. It isn't the most accurate and a lot of people take it too seriously but still. I agree on the "really fucking like" button though.:16Bit

regulas

Your Emporer
Tier list's at this point are really more of just "difficulty lists". All the high tier characters on that list are ones with easy gimmicks to abuse (GL Throw, Killer Frost slide), and low ones generally take some knowledge to use right (i.e. flash needs to learn how to deal with zoning well or you won't be doing much).

Within 1 month half the list will be upside-down.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
After playing magnetohalfway's cyborg (he doesn't use the block infinite at all FYI) I can see him easily being top 5. He doesn't even go for his dirty ass oki game much, his runaway is just that effective.
I think he loses to deathstroke though since his projectiles aren't as fast.

And im also switching to him now. Lol
Work on Cyborg with me, im already finding shit

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
A week 2 tier list is asinine. Those who know better dismiss this for what it is, but new players won't have that wherewithal.

And yes, new members/players are a concern of mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I don't know. I didn't even post in the thread before. I agree with you. I am always up for some good speculation though. I like to see other peoples opinions. I guess I am saying... if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all? Idk. Carry on!:16Bit

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Dude. Tier lists are fun. Not everyone will agree, but that doesn't mean the thread is a bad idea. Just a discussion starter. If you aren't interested in discussing tiers you really shouldn't be part of a forum dedicated to FG fans. It is a central thing on the forums. If it isn't tier discussion it is nerf demands. It isn't the most accurate and a lot of people take it too seriously but still. I agree on the "really fucking like" button though.:16Bit
In your opinion, 8 day tier lists are fun, and that's good. In my opinion, they are a waste of time and detract from people learning their char. If a top respected tournament player right now says "wonder woman is top 5" I'll bet you anything I have many people drop their main to learn her.

And not being part of a forum dedicated to FG fans, that's a little strong. I've been competing in tournaments across the nation since 2002, only recently stopped so this is nothing new to me. I don't mind people saying "I think this and that" but the people that annoy me speak w/conviction like there is no chance they are wrong. I am allowed, like anybody else, when I see threads like this to post my opinion

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
In your opinion, 8 day tier lists are fun, and that's good. In my opinion, they are a waste of time and detract from people learning their char. If a top respected to tournament player right now says "wonder woman is top 5" I'll bet you anything I have many people drop their main to learn her. And not being part of a forum dedicated to FG fans, that's a little strong. I've been competing in tournaments across the nation since 2002, only recently stopped so this is nothing new to me. I don't mind people saying "I think this and that" but the people that annoy me speak w/conviction like there is no chance they are wrong. I am allowed, like anybody else, when I see threads like this to post my opinion
I never said you couldn't post your opinion. Maybe try to do it in a respectful way though. If anyone drops there main because of a tier list... that is there choice. There isn't a problem with it. I don't think it is good either. I just think they are fun. Honestly you are the one wasting your time by responding to a thread that you think wastes your time... so you are right lol. :16BitI didn't mean to offend. Just stating my opinion.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I don't know. I didn't even post in the thread before. I agree with you. I am always up for some good speculation though. I like to see other peoples opinions. I guess I am saying... if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all? Idk. Carry on!:16Bit
I think you may just not be seeing the potential downside :). I'd be happy to discuss further in PM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I never said you couldn't post your opinion. Maybe try to do it in a respectful way though. If anyone drops there main because of a tier list... that is there choice. There isn't a problem with it. I don't think it is good either. I just think they are fun. Honestly you are the one wasting your time by responding to a thread that you think wastes your time... so you are right lol. :16BitI didn't mean to offend. Just stating my opinion.
Your very condescending post originally was saying basically because I wasn't "positive", then I shouldn't be on the FG forums. Which to me is a massive exaggeration. I'm sure people won't tell you that if you ever disagree w/something in the community. I'm certainly not the only person rolling their eyes at "tier discussions" in week 1

You ever think maybe, just maybe, those of us who have made nationals and been to evo and really been here a while, know how this movie ends already? It gets tiring to see after a while. If your having fun, keep at it, knock yourself out just don't expect everybody on a public forum to agree w/your idea of fun

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Your very condescending post originally was saying basically because I wasn't "positive", then I shouldn't be on the FG forums. Which to me is a massive exaggeration. I'm sure people won't tell you that if you ever disagree w/something in the community. I'm certainly not the only person rolling their eyes at "tier discussions" in week 1

You ever think maybe, just maybe, those of us who have made nationals and been to evo and really been here a while, know how this movie ends already? It gets tiring to see after a while. If your having fun, keep at it, knock yourself out just don't expect everybody on a public forum to agree w/your idea of fun
How was that condescending? I think you are reading my post with the wrong context. I never meant anything by it. I was giving my two cents. No offense, but I don't care if you went to nationals. I just wanted to read a friendly discussion about tier lists. I don't expect people to agree with me. It is the internet. Surprisingly people like you will argue just about everything. People like this thread. If you don't, then don't bother posting. Sorry for offending you ( a friendly bit of advice is to give the person you are arguing with the benefit of the doubt).

On Topic: I don't think Joker should be bottom. He has lots of tools that can be utilized in different ways. He should be low, but last? Seems like a... sick joke:joker:

Edit- If you want to continue arguing please PM. I don't want this wonderful thread to get off topic

Reactions: RYX
If you have thoughts about the Joker post them, in my opinion he is the worst in the game. I doubt you can figure out anything he can use to compete with characters like GL or BM, but maybe there is someone even worse.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
If you have thoughts about the Joker post them, in my opinion he is the worst in the game. I doubt you can figure out anything he can use to compete with characters like GL or BM, but maybe there is someone even worse.
I am not sure. I am not really good with him. But his explosive teeth are great for start ups. His Joker Flower is fast. You can time his gun... I don't think he has anything too compelling. I just feel bad seeing him dead last. :16BitHis 33 is good.

Edit- I just meant his 33 was a good easy string. Does 16% for the easiest input in the game.

Teeth are really hard to get out against anyone competent, the flower puts the opponent out of range for anything other than sweep or bf3 both of which are unsafe, and the gun gets ducked on reaction then dashed on either shot or cancel. The gun and flower are good, but he has nothing to supplement their use.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I am not sure. I am not really good with him. But his explosive teeth are great for start ups. His Joker Flower is fast. You can time his gun... I don't think he has anything too compelling. I just feel bad seeing him dead last. :16BitHis 33 is good.
3, 3, isn't even his best string, dude.
2, 1, 2, or 3, 2, can be cancelled into a fifty-fifty, one of which will start a 40% combo into a setup that delays the enemy- giving time for even more setups.
New Joker Tech:
Jokers Back + 1, 3 is also the craziest string in the game, for reasons I haven't yet heard anyone mention.
I planned on releasing a video about this, but I'm far too lazy for that, I'll instead tell you that B1, 3, hits as an overhead and cross up at close range, without even needing to jump.
Sometimes it will hit just overhead, and sometimes it will hit Overehead and on the other side of the opponent-- all dependent upon tiny, subtle distance intricacies.
I've beaten competent players using this string alone... Start it with a cross up, and you have Overhead, Low, Overhead, Or Overhead, Low, Overhead + Cross Up-- which means the opponent would have to press the forward button to block.
It's very strange- You'll all have to explore it.

rlg should never be cancelled into on a block string, you can jump it on reaction for a full combo. If you cancel into teeth in their face they can do the same thing. If you use 3,2 you have to cancel into flower just to be safe. b1 3 leads to a hard knock down so you can put teeth on them, but that's easily avoided. b1 3 does very little damage and is negative 4 on block. So basically who cares if it crosses up you get almost nothing for landing it and crossing up is a terrible deal for Joker because he needs to push to the corner to be scary at all.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Frankly, as a Joker player, worst doesn't seem too bad, since that would make every character viable. But still, I think his potential is really good, as he can do mixups into mixups and so on. But I guess that relying on that isn't that good. His trait blows too, so bottom might not be that far off, at least this early on. But still, I guess that means that everyone might be viable.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
3, 3, isn't even his best string, dude.
2, 1, 2, or 3, 2, can be cancelled into a fifty-fifty, one of which will start a 40% combo into a setup that delays the enemy- giving time for even more setups.
New Joker Tech:
Jokers Back + 1, 3 is also the craziest string in the game, for reasons I haven't yet heard anyone mention.
I planned on releasing a video about this, but I'm far too lazy for that, I'll instead tell you that B1, 3, hits as an overhead and cross up at close range, without even needing to jump.
Sometimes it will hit just overhead, and sometimes it will hit Overehead and on the other side of the opponent-- all dependent upon tiny, subtle distance intricacies.
I've beaten competent players using this string alone... Start it with a cross up, and you have Overhead, Low, Overhead, Or Overhead, Low, Overhead + Cross Up-- which means the opponent would have to press the forward button to block.
It's very strange- You'll all have to explore it.
Actually Cat did post about that in his tips thread.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Im a Day 1 Doomsday.I actually agree where he is right now. He is a Powerful character, but he must be used very intelligently since he is very punishable and his immense hit box lets some characters punish him even more (yes im talking about you Hal Jordan...)...
JoKer last? im sorry i find Hawkgirl useless and joker even if Low Tier is still awesome. he has FLAWS. But Somehow he is still good XD
Remember Injustice seems to be a pretty balanced game and even the ''LOW TIERS'' can win easily if the player is superior.....

He isn't viable. I can say with 100% certainty he gets bodied by Green Lantern (the most commonly played character) for free. As Joker you have no options except from full screen, which you can't keep him at.