What's new

Villains in the FGC and eSports

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Villains in FGC... da fuq we talkin' about here??? Being a dickwad does not qualify anyone to the title of villain.
A real villain would win EVO just to smack Ed Boon in the face with the trophy... :DOGE

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
LTG isn't a villain. A villain poses a threat to the hero. He's a worthy adversary with complicated motivations and dangerous skills. LTG is like the henchman that taunt Bateman in the arkham games. They're funny and worth messing with for a bit, but ultimately they're kinda useless and definitely stupid.
Definitely, there's a reason why LTG is called Black DSP after all.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
Because he's a lot like DSP, who whines a lot and is ungrateful to those who actually support him
Not to mention, much like DSP, he had a degree of skill at one point but then completely lost it afterwards.
There's a reason why there are several LTG This is how you don't play videos, after all.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
But PL is practically a NRS player since MK9 even if he started his journey as a villain.
Yes, PL is probably a top villain in the NRS scene. Although he would probably be a hero at this point if he turned himself around.

There were many online villains back in the day... @General M2Dave was one of them. Moe81, Noobe, Yayo... I do miss those days. Holy shit if we lived it again.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
dude Low Tier God is THE man! he is without doubt the top villan of the fighting game community after that set against Viscant, just as The Joker is for the DC universe.

besides, unlike Tweedy he does have some charm I have to say, causing me to sometimes laugh with him (or of him, more often than not), making him a little easier to digest and not forget. Tweedy, on the other hand, is just a random douche who will be forgotten as soon as he stops placing IMO.
Mind if you can share a bit of a video about Low Tier God? I'd love to see his gameplay.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
It's a clever way of saying "the community isn't 10 guys playing MK9 anymore"
Now MK9 was hype but that was not what I meant at all.

Last Evo MK9 was played had more than 100 players and it was a side tournament, while the hype was on new Inj1.

Safe Armor

Villains in FGC... da fuq we talkin' about here??? Being a dickwad does not qualify anyone to the title of villain.
A real villain would win EVO just to smack Ed Boon in the face with the trophy... :DOGE
Now that would be the ultimate villain, would probably get him arrested too though lol.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Leffen and FChamp probably one of the few villains of the FGC (and esports for those who think Smash is a party game) Leffen talks shit and actually backs it up by bringing results and winning.
FChamp stole Neo's backpack
:DOGE

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The greatest comeback for EVO 2017 would be PL vs Sonic... except NOT fucking 13-0 again.

At the rate we're going, SonicFox is going to win EVO again. You need Tekken Master, F0xy, Scar, REO, Forever King, Dizzy, etc all at their best.
No matter how good you are, its difficult to beat the best consistently when their play-styles are so vastly different. Just by MKX's meta becoming more inclusive with the last patch, it is going to become more difficult for anyone who has to prepare for different styles of masters on the fly - to consistently do it time and time again.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yes, PL is probably a top villain in the NRS scene. Although he would probably be a hero at this point if he turned himself around.

There were many online villains back in the day... @General M2Dave was one of them. Moe81, Noobe, Yayo... I do miss those days. Holy shit if we lived it again.
REO was a Hero, turned villain, and turned Hero again, i Think M2dave is more of a Anti-Hero rather than just villain.

Safe Armor

Fillipino Champ in the UMvC3 scene is a very good example of being a villain when you look at his history with KaneBlueRiver. FC believes he would have won Evo 2015 had he faced Kane earlier in the tournament but Kane has the attitude that he has nothing to prove and just plays for the fun of the game. FC continues to trash talk Kane cause Kane said he was done with the game after he won Evo and he would back out of tournaments and other events to avoid going against FC because FC runs a team that's one of Kane's worst matchups. And yeah to be fair Kane has a point, he even says FC would beat him more times than not because of the matchup (which FC has beat Kane many many times), but it just so happens that Kane went all the way to win that evo. Then you look at their Winter Brawl X set. The two had an exhibition and FC beat Kane badly, the tension was building, etc etc... But then top 8 happens, and Kane just so happens to beat FC and go on to win the tournament. Very hype set.

It's a combination of both of the differing views on that Evo, their long matchup history, and their skill that brings the hype. But more importantly it's the history between the players.
I went to re watch those two sets, now those were hype!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Mind if you can share a bit of a video about Low Tier God? I'd love to see his gameplay.
I won't just give you a match, I'll give you THE match. the match that made him the villan he is today:

if you are interested in more: he also played another interesting grudge match, witch isn't that famous so I'd have to look up; played a SFV rematch with viscant and has a youtube channel with even some MK ranked on.

You basically said that you weren't impressed with Tweedy's skills cause he played S tier Alien, basically implying that the char carried him.
that's not what I said or meant by any extent, although I do think it's true but I also think, as I've already said somewhere in this thread, that Tweedy is a very good player, not as good as he think he is (not even close), but good.

what I meant with that post was what I wrote, simple and clean: top tiers (and by extent tier whores and Tweedy) don't hype me up.

I don't see how it is hard to understand.

Villans need to win, PL stopped winning a while ago. the "douche requirement" sure is checked though.

Maaaan I wish I watched MK9. PL said nobody liked him lololol
And for good reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Our community has no Villians yet. The very few who trash talk aren't winning and the big guns don't trash talk and are usually very nice folks. Foxy could be a villian but I doubt he will trash talk, he is even against pop offs.
Mk9 and injustice we did and it was different

Mkx hype sucks and is dry, largely due to the personalities of those doing well and winning are boring

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I won't just give you a match, I'll give you THE match. the match that made him the villan he is today:

if you are interested in more: he also played another interesting grudge match, witch isn't that famous so I'd have to look up; played a SFV rematch with viscant and has a youtube channel with even some MK ranked on.

that's not what I said or meant by any extent, although I do think it's true but I also think, as I've already said somewhere in this thread, that Tweedy is a very good player, not as good as he think he is (not even close), but good.

what I meant with that post was what I wrote, simple and clean: top tiers (and by extent tier whores and Tweedy) don't hype me up.

I don't see how it is hard to understand.

Villans need to win, PL stopped winning a while ago. the "douche requirement" sure is checked though.
Potential villains now:
Cowboy
Tweedy
Dragon ....?
That's about it

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Potential villains now:
Cowboy
Tweedy
Dragon ....?
That's about it
Dragon was a villan for a very short time, but he quickly apologized in very humble way, witch makes him a good guy to me.

Cowboy I don't know, personally I like him and after beating ForeverKing in that FT10 he didn't rub it in too much. I don't think he qualifies as villan either.

Tweedy is the villan of the moment.