What's new

Variations for KP2 characters. Konjurer Alien and Killer Leatherface.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I am going to make LF one of my characters and all but.....killer? Really? I mean....that's a pretty generic name if I had ever heard one. Even "Cannibal" sounds way cooler.
Cannibalism isn't his main focus though and really not his thing.
Leather face, Jason Vorhees and Hannibal Lecter are all based off the real life murder "Ed Gein" and really each character appealed to a different... shall we say dis-function of Ed, if anything Cannibal would not fit LF quite so well because there's already a whole character meant for that thing.

Hello everyone, thank you for tuning into your daily dose of TYM horror history you can catch me every monday during the hours you sleep.
For real "Killer" is a bit lame though, I think anyone in the MK roster could have a variation called "Killer"

Also confirmed that Ed Gein is the first real human to have a variation system.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Cannibalism isn't his main focus though and really not his thing.
Leather face, Jason Vorhees and Hannibal Lector are all based off the real life murder "Ed Gein" and really each character appealed to a different... shall we say dis-function of Ed, if anything Cannibal would not fit LF quite so well because there's already a whole character meant for that thing.

Hello everyone, thank you for tuning into your daily dose of TYM horror history you can catch me every monday during the hours you sleep.
For real "Killer" is a bit lame though, I think anyone in the MK roster could have a variation called "Killer"
Nice response, but Ed Gein did not inspire Jason in anyway, I think you mean Norman Bates who in fact was inspired by Ed Gein. And it is true cannibalism isn't his thing, but I always saw him as a cannibal more than a cold hearted brutal killer. He is supposed to have the mind of a child, pressured into killing people by his batshit crazy family. Except Texas Chainsaw 3D where they shit all over that aspect of him.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Nice response, but Ed Gein did not inspire Jason in anyway, I think you mean Norman Bates who in fact was inspired by Ed Gein. And it is true cannibalism isn't his thing, but I always saw him as a cannibal more than a cold hearted brutal killer. He is supposed to have the mind of a child, pressured into killing people by his batshit crazy family. Except Texas Chainsaw 3D where they shit all over that aspect of him.
While very true the relationship Jason Vorhees shares with his mother was manipulated from that of Eds own beyond messed up relationship they shared.
Yeah we'll just not mention that movie... ever again. lol
I still agree even cannibal sounds better but that's a very specific thing and would need Mileena ravenous esq moves to go with the name, there are still more creative names than Killer, even something as simple as "Massacre" would make sense.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Well, we've reached the point where we are complaining about the variation names. I think it's going to be a really long 3 weeks before we get to play the new version of the game. I hope Leatherface's variations are KILLER, MURDERER and BUTCHER just to see people moan about it.

Honestly, I'd put money on one of the variations being called BUTCHER, for real.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
While very true the relationship Jason Vorhees shares with his mother was manipulated from that of Eds own beyond messed up relationship they shared.
Yeah we'll just not mention that movie... ever again. lol
I still agree even cannibal sounds better but that's a very specific thing and would need Mileena ravenous esq moves to go with the name, there are still more creative names than Killer, even something as simple as "Massacre" would make sense.
Well now that I think about it, Killer does make a little sense.
In the first TCM he had three masks.
The killing mask
The pretty woman mask
And the last one I think was the mother mask. I may be wrong on that.
In the XL trailer we see him with the "Pretty Woman" mask on, and this mask is for sure the killing mask he wears in the first half of the film. So they may be going that direction with it, and name his variations after his masks.

Wow I let my horror nerd side out to the max there.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
"Killer" lol.

Predator has a variation called Hunter because he's a Predator. Jacqui has a variation called Shotgun because she holds a Shotgun. Kenshi has a variation called Balanced that is anything but but balanced to troll his fans.

"Killer" doesn't surprise me one bit.

So we've pretty much seen Bo's full fatality now. Force them to drink, splashing alcohol all over their face, then light them on fire. I like it tbh, it's a nice way of incorporating fire into his fatality in a way better fashion than the older games.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Well, we've reached the point where we are complaining about the variation names. I think it's going to be a really long 3 weeks before we get to play the new version of the game. I hope Leatherface's variations are KILLER, MURDERER and BUTCHER just to see people moan about it.

Honestly, I'd put money on one of the variations being called BUTCHER, for real.
What you think us, the NRS community, the MK fans can be HAPPY with something?!
We are never happy! No joy only salt! Unless a MK1-UMK3 character is announced. ONLY exception.
:DOGE

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Well now that I think about it, Killer does make a little sense.
In the first TCM he had three masks.
The killing mask
The pretty woman mask
And the last one I think was the mother mask. I may be wrong on that.
In the XL trailer we see him with the "Pretty Woman" mask on, and this mask is for sure the killing mask he wears in the first half of the film. So they may be going that direction with it, and name his variations after his masks.

Wow I let my horror nerd side out to the max there.
Yeah actually that's probably it... the name still sucks though :joker:

ConquaY

I play a bug lady, Bruce Lee and a cowboy.
I could see this being his variation where he uses his hammer or something. At least its more creative than Killer, I think Savage or Psycho would have been better...

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I could see this being his variation where he uses his hammer or something. At least its more creative than Killer, I think Savage or Psycho would have been better...
Hopefully one of his variations is just called "Tom" and he's completely normal.