What's new

Valley Stream Monsters vs. Arizona

B W1zZ

Noob
As of the last bi-weekly tournament Sao and Morty won't be hosting them anymore due to being busy with school/work etc., among other reasons. The AZ scene isn't nearly as strong as the NY scene in terms of being able to hold the scene together. Basically the AZ scene is dying right now, and there won't be anymore tournaments here unless someone else steps up to the plate and starts hosting/streaming them etc. Sao and Dr Dogg were really the only ones keeping the scene alive, and Dr Dogg doesn't really like MK9 anymore.

Sucks for people like myself that are passionate about the game but don't have the means to hold a scene down. Also from what I understand the capcom scene here in AZ shuns the game, but I haven't been to any of their gatherings.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
As of the last bi-weekly tournament Sao and Morty won't be hosting them anymore due to being busy with school/work etc., among other reasons. The AZ scene isn't nearly as strong as the NY scene in terms of being able to hold the scene together. Basically the AZ scene is dying right now, and there won't be anymore tournaments here unless someone else steps up to the plate and starts hosting/streaming them etc. Sao and Dr Dogg were really the only ones keeping the scene alive, and Dr Dogg doesn't really like MK9 anymore.

Sucks for people like myself that are passionate about the game but don't have the means to hold a scene down.
That sucks! :( Hopefully it picks up soon

B W1zz, I think I have an idea of some of what you're talking about but I won't blow it up on here lol. Just gonna say that if all else fails, you should see if one of your locals can have dudes at his house and run tourneys there or something. Don't worry about a stream or a "professional" venue etc. until you can keep players together.