What's new

Valley Stream Monsters vs. Arizona

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I personally think that the VSM team vs the top players in Arizona would be the most entertaining thing to happen in MK9 and im curious if this could happen soon. (maybe Dev?)

The main matches i want to see are:
B W1zZ vs. Erik Warda
Morty Seinfeld vs. Riu48
Detroit vs. CDjr
Jedi Rob vs. Hitoshura (not likely to happen)

Name some of the matches you would like to see.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
It wouldn't happen because nobody from VSM is coming to Devastation. REO is the only person from VSM coming. Maybe at Evo next year! Unless Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm takes MK9's spot.

CJKRattlehead

@Sao87

It pains me that i forgot about you.

I know it is wishful thinking i just really want it to happen. :(

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This is why we need an east coast Evo. So the East Coast guys who aren't willing to travel can play the west coast guys who do travel lol.

This actually just gave me an idea. Incoming post in the tournament forum.

B W1zZ

Noob
I fought Erik Warda in offline casuals at EVO and it was epic, although it was witnessed by few. We went back and forth, although I imagine it would be even more intense now since I'm sure we have both leveled up significantly. In my opinion he's definitely the most complete Kabal on the planet.

I personally want to fight everyone in NY, like the CD bros, Maxter, and REO again (which just might happen).

CJKRattlehead

I fought Erik Warda in offline casuals at EVO and it was epic, although it was witnessed by few. We went back and forth, although I imagine it would be even more intense now since I'm sure we have both leveled up significantly. In my opinion he's definitely the most complete Kabal on the planet.

I personally want to fight everyone in NY, like the CD bros, Maxter, and REO again (which just might happen).
The only footage from evo i saw from you was you and REO on stream (not officially at evo) but i was so distracted with gamerblake making me LMAO and Pigofthehut telling the most crazy bat shit story i have ever heard.

"Control > Start > Uninstall MKU."

Altaire

Noob
I personally think that the VSM team vs the top players in Arizona would be the most entertaining thing to happen in MK9 and im curious if this could happen soon. (maybe Dev?)

The main matches i want to see are:
B W1zZ vs. Erik Warda
Morty Seinfeld vs. Riu48
Detroit vs. CDjr
Jedi Rob vs. Hitoshura (not likely to happen)

Name some of the matches you would like to see.
...Why in the sweet fuck would you want to see Jedi Rob play Hitoshura?

Like, I really don't mean to be rude, but that's an insult to Hitoshura as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what would be a more stacked matchup: Rob vs. Hito, or Rob's commentary vs. Hito's commentary.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

Like, I really don't mean to be rude, but that's an insult to Hitoshura as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what would be a more stacked matchup: Rob vs. Hito, or Rob's commentary vs. Hito's commentary.
lol star wars kid

CJKRattlehead

Lol now that i look back on that I have no clue what i was thinking. Obviously Hito would destroy Rob but i still want to see it :)

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo

I sort of disagree. Robb and Hitoshura are about equal, both refuse to deviate from a basic game plan.

CJKRattlehead

I sort of disagree. Robb and Hitoshura are about equal, both refuse to deviate from a basic game plan.
Hito is a slow learner IMO but he is solid. Robb just doesn't play enough to learn more it seems, although you would probably know better than I.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Noob Saibot:
. ZONER
. Shitty normals, which means hard to be aggressive with
. Zone if all possible and get aggressive when needed b/c he has all of 3 good normals.

I dnt "refuse" to deviate from a simple game plan its just u cant rlly "rushdown" w/ noob and be affective with him.
How bout u learn the character and come down here and play cd jr, cd, maxter, warda, reo, etc and see how far u get.

Hito is a slow learner IMO but he is solid. Robb just doesn't play enough to learn more it seems, although you would probably know better than I.
I wouldn't' say im tht slow but I tend to catch on to things in matchup not as fast as others plus I dnt play the game everday seeing how im a full time college student and I work 4 days out of the week as well. I only really practice once or twice a week before vsm on my free time.

If I had more time id be doing better against reo, and cd jr, etc. lol

Matix218

Get over here!
Saying Hito doesn't deviate from his game plan is really not fair to Hito. Since Hito plays Noob Saibot pretty much exclusively, it is really more of a reflection of the game plan limitations of the character he plays. Noob simply can not really do much more than play a zoning style game plan if you want to have a prayer of winning. He can not be a rushdown character with his slow normals that can not keep fast pressure on anyone. He also cant play close(ish) range pressure game because his best zoning moves (slide and tackle) are so unsafe unless you have most of the screen between you and the opponent. Also noob has relatively slow pokes to get out of pressure from rushdown type of characters. This is yet another reason why it is not a good plan to have your opponent close to you if you can avoid it. Sure you can occasionally catch people in his b1214 or b214 but you really cant even get a ton of damage off of that unless the opponent is unfamiliar with how to escape his black hole resets (which any high level player obviously will know). The only time you want people close is if you can catch them in a long corner combo. Whenever I watch Hito play, he basically sticks to the keep the guy away and zone game plan, and if he has a chance to pin someone in the corner and land a long string he goes for it, and I really cant see how anyone who is familiar with the Noob character can think that he really would be able to win any other way. I personally am looking forward to seeing Hito play given the changes to Noob with the most recent patch (but he still should be playing a keep away/zone game since they did not end up buffing noobs normals or pokes at all in the last patch).

Altaire

Noob
I'm just going to be really, really blunt for a minute: I haven't seen any gameplay from you that makes me think you're even close to good enough to warrant some of the pretentious shit you say.

Hell, some of it would seem like a little much coming from a guy like REO, and REO is at the very, very top of this community.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
You can make whatever arguments you want about jedirobb and hito's gameplay, it doesn't change the fact the Hito's commentary>>>>>robb's commentary.

CJKRattlehead

I wouldn't' say im tht slow but I tend to catch on to things in matchup not as fast as others plus I dnt play the game everday seeing how im a full time college student and I work 4 days out of the week as well. I only really practice once or twice a week before vsm on my free time.

If I had more time id be doing better against reo, and cd jr, etc. lol
I know you don't play every day but i do think you don't adjust as well as most high level Saibots. No disrespect to you, just that i think you just haven't taken noob to a high potential yet.

P.S. Your commentary is legendary :)

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I know you don't play every day but i do think you don't adjust as well as most high level Saibots. No disrespect to you, just that i think you just haven't taken noob to a high potential yet.

P.S. Your commentary is legendary :)
yea thts my problem with fighters. I play them a lot its just adjusting to match-ups takes me a while idky? lol

and thank you! :3

CJKRattlehead

You can make whatever arguments you want about jedirobb and hito's gameplay, it doesn't change the fact the Hito's commentary>>>>>robb's commentary.
That's a pretty bold statement there. Jedirobb was built for commentary, although Hito and Robb differ in the style of commentary.

sLeeK

Noob
I'm sorry, but jedi rob commentary at EVO was horrible. All I remember him talking about was his damn twitter account and frankly that was freaking ridiculous. Trying to watch these hyped matches while jedi robb was flapping his mouth every 2 seconds about his twitter account forced me to watch the stream muted.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
East Coast don't mess around. Bring me west's best Sektor any day.

I really hope MK stays at EVO - I will do whatever it takes to make it there this year if so. Traveling during the school year (since I teach) is rather difficult. Will make every summer major no matter where they are this year.

And I'll say it again; I will boycott any stream that has JediRobb doing commentary. He needs to be blacklisted on streams.

Altaire

Noob
That's because Hito's commentary isn't five straight hours of him shamelessly trying to blow up his twitter.