What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I would have loved to see a FT10 for more money but both guys agreed to a FT5 for $100 so maybe we should stop trying to change the rules when Cowboy has already made a take it or leave it proposal that King accepted.

Let's take what we can get.
Doesn't change the fact that it looks weak on Cowboys behalf.
Ft10's exposes a players gimmicks and habits and generally the player with the best yomi and fundamentals wins here. Not only that but when two players have downloaded one another it creates some very tense and hype moments. Additionally it shows who can be more creative on the fly and it's also awesome to watch play styles evolve as that set progresses.

Short sets can hide players flaws, tendencies, etc...
Also let's be real how lame would it been had daigo vs fchamp/Arturo been a ft5? Or even more recently Luffy vs Supersantarouman, Pepeday vs Jayce/Snakeyes or Smug vs Latif? Ft10's are an awesome display of skill and knowledge, and very hype.
Pardon me for pulling solely from SF4 matches, I can't think of any MK Ft10's since I loosely followed MK9 and none come to mind for MKX.

Last edited:
And he still didn't win, becuase he had to play Fox. So even if you're only counting the most recent tournament, there's no way to get around the fact that having to play Fox at every big event here is a significant obstacle to both winning events and collecting the biggest prize pot split for the other North American top players and teams.

Maintaining that it has nothing to do with it is sheer lunacy.
those yomie guys could just travel to europe and show that its that easy to play a tournament on a different kontinent.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
only $100 FT5? dude cowboy, you need to raise the stakes with the amount of shit both of you have been talking, hell with how much winnings you both have apparently had this shit needs to make a dent $500 FT10 sounds like the ONLY way to settle this since both of you are so confident you will body eachother. this needs to be the stuff of legend! this needs to be a money match that the community will look back on years down the line and say "dude remember that hype as fuck money match between wound cowboy and forever king? that was some of the hypest shit i have ever seen!" this NEEDS to be legendary!

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Damn the thread seems to finally be dying down a bit. Was hoping this could help with the car ride down to LA tomorrow. Seem some interesting points but the top 5 for me still hasn't changed.
1.Sonic
2.DJT
3.Foxy
4.Honey
5.MIT

Sonic is a clear #1. DJT and Foxy can be debated but after watching both play this year I think DJT is a monster with multiple characters. Foxy won on the biggest stage though. Still I think DJT takes it. HoneyBee has been consistent in every tournament I've seen him in, and if the face of the ugliest, nastiest character design in the game lol. MIT is also extremely consistent and always seems to be in the running. One or two breaks his favor and he jumps up in ranking. I think based of talent and results, these top 5 can't be debated.

As far as the thread hype takeover beef that derailed the rankings, I think it's going to be a good match. Cowboy just won a major and is riding pretty high. Good player, broken character. King is very consistent and plays in the best environment possible. From what I understand he will be bringing a strong character as well. Going with consistency and training over self esteem and broken character. King 3-2 or 6-4.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
People begging for the MM to be more $$$ would do good to remember that any MM over 100$ in the previous years has never happened(in the NRS community at least). Lets just hope this actually goes down in the first place, then we can start raising some stakes.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
If he doesn't want to risk losing more than $100 then that is his prerogative, I don't really see what the big deal is...

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Rousey will get exposed when that fight happens. Even zingano will beat her next time they fight. Honda just hyped by ufc.

On topic

Best is djt and sonic then 3-5 there's about 7 or so players to choose from. Cowboy quit being a pussy and play king ft10 you just won 10k what's 500$? That being said i got 20$ on cowboy.
wait what? Rousey will run through both Cyborg and Zingano

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
The thing that drives me the craziest are these loyalists though lol. Money is on the line, don't handicap yourself! Skill wise , some of these players could be top 5 if they'd just give into peer pressure. Love to see Pig, Milky, Prime, Alacard, or Tom really try a different character, or a top tier lol.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
wait what? Rousey will run through both Cyborg and Zingano
I think if she stands and bangs with Cat ot would be a good fight, but Rowdy probably won't and she'll win. Rowdy gets wrecked by Cyborg. If she doesn't hit the mat and army crawl over to her when the bell rings she's gonna get ktfo.

coolwhip

Noob
You can boast about placing all you want. However, that doesn't change the fact that making statements about your money come off as crass, regardless of whether you made the money playing a game or in "real life" (which, unless they are getting paid in Monopoly money at fgc tournaments, aren't different at all).

That is a red herring if I've ever seen one, nice try though, playing the PC card will surely win you a few likes.
Ugh. You ever been in a competitive environment? People gloat. Stop being so condescending, Jesus. "Manners"? Yeah because popping off and yelling "fuck outta here" is good manners? Yet it's done constantly because this is a competitive video gaming environment. It's hardly a big deal.

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
The thing that drives me the craziest are these loyalists though lol. Money is on the line, don't handicap yourself! Skill wise , some of these players could be top 5 if they'd just give into peer pressure. Love to see Pig, Milky, Prime, Alacard, or Tom really try a different character, or a top tier lol.
Idk, it kind of says something about the balance of the game if you can only win tournaments by using a select few characters.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I think if she stands and bangs with Cat ot would be a good fight, but Rowdy probably won't and she'll win. Rowdy gets wrecked by Cyborg. If she doesn't hit the mat and army crawl over to her when the bell rings she's gonna get ktfo.
She can do whatever she wants vs Zingano. She's orders of magnitude better everywhere

She rips off Cyborg's arm. If you want to beat Rousey standing you need to embrace elusiveness. If she grabs you, you lose. Cyborg likes to work from the clinch, and that's not gonna work for her

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
Ugh. You ever been in a competitive environment? People gloat. Stop being so condescending, Jesus. "Manners"? Yeah because popping off and yelling "fuck outta here" is good manners? Yet it's done constantly because this is a competitive video gaming environment. It's hardly a big deal.
I've said all I need to say about the matter. Also, I think it's weird that you're now referring to me as "jesus".

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
that's every fg

there's always going to be an ass tier that can't win on it's own
Sure there will always be an ass tier, but it seems like in this game's current state you can only win by using certain characters, the high tiers are sooo far above the mid tiers.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Sure there will always be an ass tier, but it seems like in this game's current state you can only win by using certain characters, the high tiers are sooo far above the mid tiers.
we're in a better place than we were at this point in Injustice's life, and a better place than MK9 is even now. I think they're doing fine. Goro is much more competitive than Joker or Scorp were at this part of IGAU

boy_wunda

birdie boys unite
we're in a better place than we were at this point in Injustice's life, and a better place than MK9 is even now. I think they're doing fine. Goro is much more competitive than Joker or Scorp were at the end of IGAU
I'll just have to take your word for it as I did not play either of those games.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
She can do whatever she wants vs Zingano. She's orders of magnitude better everywhere

She rips off Cyborg's arm. If you want to beat Rousey standing you need to embrace elusiveness. If she grabs you, you lose. Cyborg likes to work from the clinch, and that's not gonna work for her
Ronda's stand up is way overhyped. Like Takeda pre release. She would lose a straight boxing match to Cat. She destroys her everywhere else though and I don't think Cat will ever beat her. Cyborg does not want to go to the mat with Ronda. But she will press her against the cage and neutralize that judo though. After the first stand up exchange Rowdy will be begging for a desperation takedown and realize she is fighting a chick with man strength. There is a reason UFC and Rowdy are ducking her and the biggest fight that can be made. Ufc's meal ticket gets destroyed. Sure she'll fight Cain, Floyd, and move up to fight Gina. But you better wait a few more years and hope she get better and cyborg ages before you expose her.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Well then, people should start travelling the Atlanta and ignore those meaningless majors :p
I never did say they were more important, just harder. If somebody feels like taking up an impossible challenge then sure by all means, come to a Yomi local and get mopped lol. Many of tried. All have failed (besides Yomi residents obviously).

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Ronda's stand up is way overhyped. Like Takeda pre release. She would lose a straight boxing match to Cat. She destroys her everywhere else though and I don't think Cat will ever beat her. Cyborg does not want to go to the mat with Ronda. But she will press her against the cage and neutralize that judo though. After the first stand up exchange Rowdy will be begging for a desperation takedown and realize she is fighting a chick with man strength. There is a reason UFC and Rowdy are ducking her and the biggest fight that can be made. Ufc's meal ticket gets destroyed. Sure she'll fight Cain, Floyd, and move up to fight Gina. But you better wait a few more years and hope she get better and cyborg ages before you expose her.
her boxing is very linear, very one dimensional. She charges forward, and she rams you in the face. Cat and every other woman in the UFC barring Holly Holm do not have the movement to keep her off of them to land shots.

Meh. I'm sorry, but Cyborg doesn't strike me as the force of nature that Rowdy is. I think Rousey weathers the early storm, overwhelms her and gets the stoppage.

coolwhip

Noob
I never did say they were more important, just harder. If somebody feels like taking up an impossible challenge then sure by all means, come to a Yomi local and get mopped lol. Many of tried. All have failed (besides Yomi residents obviously).
I was just kidding.

Reno doesn't even know about this money match, its my money. If it was Reno's money it would $1000 money match or higher lol
See above post.