What's new

UPDATED Top 5 MKX Players - Based off Results & Opinion. King delivers the boot

NBO_7

Noob
I've been arguing this with everyone so it's pointless now, I'll just make this one last post in this thread tonight then I'm done.

Foxy's placings in Europe are hard to judge, I didnt watch a single European tournament. But apparently he's a god in Europe, so sure out him in the top 5.

But Honeybee doesn't have a better resume than me MIT or DJT. Idk how top 3 at one tournament is better than top 8 every single tournament since the game's release.

Bro Foxy beat THE best player in yomi, second best player in the WORLD, which considered the BEST kung loa, at a huge stage (EVO)

are u serious!!

SF DJT and FOXY top3 for sure

king i know you are just trying to hype and make yourself feel better because apparently playing mkx nonstop and you are still just a good player and wont dominate any scenes, lose the yomi and you are a nobody

1) Sonicfox
2) Honeybee - He's the only one who beat fox at EVO and came close at beating him 2nd time
3) DJT
4) MIT
5) Saltface - Doing pretty well and being competitive with a low tier character

I can't consider any Kung lao (only) players at top 5 because I believe is mostly the character instead of them doing the work.
i think everytime djt was winning he was using lao

I personally have no respect for shinnok mains I'm just an online player but I eon 80 of my first 100 matches with like 2 minutes of practice with him lol u win with like 4 Inputs boneshaper and imposter r braindead and op

infamy23

FireBeard
I know it says "based on results" in the thread title so I guess it's justified, but I feel there's waaaaay too much emphasis being put on tournament placings.

This game is brand fucking new. Most of the matches I see at majors are just a clusterfuck of players who don't know the matchup they are playing. People are getting hit by gimmicks and broken shit that will eventually be removed from the game (*cough* +27 hat spin), and half of the unsafe garbage that people are doing is going unpunished even in top 8 matches.

Let's not forget that Jwong & Arturo were landing top 8's while barely knowing how to play Raiden at all because people weren't even punishing b2 for fuck's sake.

Everyone is still learning. A year from now, comparing tournament results might actually hold some weight. Until then, we should be judging people based on the skill they exhibit while they play.

That being said, the players that have truly impressed me from a fighting game perspective regardless of tournament placings are:

Fox
DJT
MIT
Honeybee
Gross
Saltface
REO
Forever King <-- he's acting like an arrogant little fucker in this thread but his tournament placings are honestly not representative of how good this guy is. I've learned a ton about this game from watching him play, he's godlike.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Man RHS is about to break 3k if some of these matchups materialize. It might be time for RHS to have team battles. YOMI vs CR. Europe vs US vs Canada. Participants voted on by TYM. Could be epic.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
The only laughing stock in this thread is the guy who gets paid to compete and can't make it to pools on time. If they are being honest, there is no one in this thread who would give you any chance against me. I made more money last weekend than you will in your entire MKX career. You beat me twice in injustice and once i learned the match, you couldn't get games. I've won a major, something that you will never do for the rest of this game. You will continue to sneak into top 8s and then get clowned by the real killers like me, fox and denzell. Have a nice day.
:)
You got big Ballz and i respect that.

Last edited:
What do you mean? I've bodied you to get top 8 before. Are you calling yourself a bad player? I've beaten Honeybee to get top 8 and Foxy to get top 8 before, the 2nd and 3rd placers of Evo. Are they not good players?

lol but recent results > old results... you learn this in middleschool