What's new

*updated* NFG RANKINGS - Flawless Victory not counted, Brady moves backwards, Chris G climbs up.

Lulzlou

Noob
This is my last comment to u second of all Little Reo Jr is u were better on pad y go to hit box second of all match up my ass i know about u u make excusses y u lose when u play with Mao and relaxed state ur not Reo and will never be him they told u u wanna be like Reo and get a hit box to win tournaments I look down on U using a hitbox to get a free win and u suck at it like cmn be ur own person FV was the strongesy tournament this weekend end of discussion
Are you being serious? I don't make excuses, ask anyone else in nova. When I lose I state what happened on my part. You act like picking up hitbox is easy mode. It isn't at all. You need to put as much effort as you do with pad, stick, etc. This is my first fighting game I've played since I was about 4 or 5 years old. I started late and I don't have much experience with fighting games. Obviously its going to take me awhile to get used to the scene. I was hardcore into shooters before I dropped them completely for mk. The change was tough but I never gave up.

I told Mao over and over again both of those reasons. Everyone else in nova understands. How am I making excuses when I'm stating my problem to the people I play casuals and trying to fix it? Going from Mileena/Raiden as my mains to kabal was a big jump for me, the hitbox was an even bigger one. Why does everyone think the hitbox and kabal is easy mode? I even tell everyone I play I'm not that good. You can't pick up kabal in two weeks and be amazing. The last time I played mao was after the few days I started using hitbox. He hasn't played me since, he doesn't know how much improved.

When the fuck did I say I wanted to be like Reo? Reo gave me a blueprint from watching his matches on streams and youtube but that is it. I haven't dedicated my time to be a Reo clone. I love the way Kabal is played currently as a rushdown character, that is why I picked him up so telling me I'm never going to be like reo is pointless. You can't discourage me and you never will.

Your arguments aren't even going against anything I said. Are you even reading them? I said I agree on FV being harder but it was just my opinion. Seeing how you aren't even trying to understand makes me not want to post this and keep doing what I'm doing but I had to

You're facts are actually opinions. How can you prove both events had great competition? I think they did, but I can't prove it. How is it a fact they should have points? What is a fact is that fv isn't an evo major; thus not included. Pu only had one player ranked in the top 10 while fv had 3, fact. You being bad is also your opinion based on your own standards. Your facts are bad...fact.
You really think I was serious about the facts part? >.> I can never have fun with my arguments lol.

Flagg

Noob
Well we were going to and in the process of making an official TYM rankings list. But people seemed to not have interest. Now people seem to think the NFG rankings are law. I'm confused.
Someone needs to make a thread on what a "fair" system would be to get some feed back and then make a second thread on whether people would like a "unofficial" TYM Ranking List (simple yes or no options). I think you could incorporate tournies from the original PU last year to now.

I do think using a system similiar to Tennis would work well for MK.

EDIT: I think tournies outside the U.S. should be included as well.

KevoDaMaN

The 6
Well we were going to and in the process of making an official TYM rankings list. But people seemed to not have interest. Now people seem to think the NFG rankings are law. I'm confused.
Its not law but its just give respect to were respect is do. And that tym list would be cool

KevoDaMaN

The 6
Are you being serious? I don't make excuses, ask anyone else in nova. When I lose I state what happened on my part. You act like picking up hitbox is easy mode. It isn't at all. You need to put as much effort as you do with pad, stick, etc. This is my first fighting game I've played since I was about 4 or 5 years old. I started late and I don't have much experience with fighting games. Obviously its going to take me awhile to get used to the scene. I was hardcore into shooters before I dropped them completely for mk. The change was tough but I never gave up.

I told Mao over and over again both of those reasons. Everyone else in nova understands. How am I making excuses when I'm stating my problem to the people I play casuals and trying to fix it? Going from Mileena/Raiden as my mains to kabal was a big jump for me, the hitbox was an even bigger one. Why does everyone think the hitbox and kabal is easy mode? I even tell everyone I play I'm not that good. You can't pick up kabal in two weeks and be amazing. The last time I played mao was after the few days I started using hitbox. He hasn't played me since, he doesn't know how much improved.

When the fuck did I say I wanted to be like Reo? Reo gave me a blueprint from watching his matches on streams and youtube but that is it. I haven't dedicated my time to be a Reo clone. I love the way Kabal is played currently as a rushdown character, that is why I picked him up so telling me I'm never going to be like reo is pointless. You can't discourage me and you never will.

Your arguments aren't even going against anything I said. Are you even reading them? I said I agree on FV being harder but it was just my opinion. Seeing how you aren't even trying to understand makes me not want to post this and keep doing what I'm doing but I had to
Cuz im not arguing with u i dont want to discourage u i dont need to u do ur self keep playing on hit box and getting 33rd place shit idc do ur thing convo done

Flagg

Noob
Oh wow, how did I not see that thread till now?

REO is right, not all tournies can be allocated the same. For instance, someone who gets 8th in a 100 man tournie should get the same amount of points as someone who gets 4th in a 50 man tournie. Obviously someone getting 1st and 2nd in a 100 man tournie would get more than someone getting 1st and 2nd in a 50 man tournie. All gotta be about ratios.

It's all about ratio's.

I seen someone mentioned prestige as well, which is a good point. I hear the West Coast have tournies once a month? While that's cool, it would mean people from West Coast could build up hella points.

So the key factors have to be deciding what are Major and what are Minor tournaments, and when that is established, then go with a point system using some basic math. Like every time you beat someone, you get 5 points, then move on. Of course you could theoretically get more points from fighting back from winners, so maybe have a point reduction for winning matches in Losers compared to Winners. This is just a wild example, but a system like that of course would favour someone in a tournie with more players, while not completely excluding other tournies with a smaller turn out.

And perhaps you could have 10 point wins for Major matches, 5 point wins for Minor matches, etc.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I do believe TYM should come up with a rankings system based on the TYM members opinion on "whos the best"... So not a point system like the NFG which just takes points from select tournaments into consideration.. TYM can setup an open poll and that could just be the TYM ranks. It would be controversial as well but a system developed without , voted by the kommunity...

The NFG rankings should still exist as well....Sort of like The "AP" Poll vs the "Coaches Poll" NCAA Football uses.

KevoDaMaN

The 6
Oh wow, how did I not see that thread till now?

REO is right, not all tournies can be allocated the same. For instance, someone who gets 8th in a 100 man tournie should get the same amount of points as someone who gets 4th in a 50 man tournie. Obviously someone getting 1st and 2nd in a 100 man tournie would get more than someone getting 1st and 2nd in a 50 man tournie. All gotta be about ratios.

It's all about ratio's.

I seen someone mentioned prestige as well, which is a good point. I hear the West Coast have tournies once a month? While that's cool, it would mean people from West Coast could build up hella points.

So the key factors have to be deciding what are Major and what are Minor tournaments, and when that is established, then go with a point system using some basic math. Like every time you beat someone, you get 5 points, then move on. Of course you could theoretically get more points from fighting back from winners, so maybe have a point reduction for winning matches in Losers compared to Winners. This is just a wild example, but a system like that of course would favour someone in a tournie with more players, while not completely excluding other tournies with a smaller turn out.

And perhaps you could have 10 point wins for Major matches, 5 point wins for Minor matches, etc.
I Agree and this case FV was the bigger tourney

Flagg

Noob
I do believe TYM should come up with a rankings system based on the TYM members opinion on "whos the best"... So not a point system like the NFG which just takes points from select tournaments into consideration.. TYM can setup an open poll and that could just be the TYM ranks. It would be controversial as well but a system developed without , voted by the kommunity...

The NFG rankings should still exist as well....Sort of like The "AP" Poll vs the "Coaches Poll" NCAA Football uses.
That is going to be unbelievably biased and wont be a true reflection. A point system should be set up and then everything from a PU 2011 to now should be included taking into consideration how many tournies people entered and where they placed.

A ranked system based on "popularity" would be terrible.

So basically this thread summed up is saying that without NYC at a tournament than said tournament loses its legitimacy. Lol @ Kevo comment that PU had only 2 good player.

Btw I wouldn't be to keen on a TYM ranking system, after seeing some people ignorant ass views on the EGP tournaments than I could see a TYM system being really biased.

Tolkeen

/wrists
First of all PL should of been of the list he was enactive for like six decades and he wasnt the highest rank player at the time Reo And Cd was thats a fact Osu Slips and the rest are really good the toruney was Strong and i think they deserve Points as well but that week end Apex was going on and was way stronger then Frosty but here Powerup is the less stronger tourney and got points thats all im saying idc if u give both the points but dont look down on a tourney that has stronger comp becuz of your bias
And all I am saying is, Frosty Faustings was a large regional that had the same arguments that FV has now. It had top players(according to NFG, which is what this argument is about) and it had almost as much if not more than APEX, which if I recall had less than 40. So the bias here is that you're bias to the tournament that had VSM. Should FV get points, probably, but it's not really up to me or you. I'm not serious about FF getting points, I was just bringing up a fact that it has similar valid points and was left off. Actually, FF was never a monthly thing, so it has MORE valid points than FV. I have never looked down on any tourney, I was just making a jest. Hence the ending with a smiley.

So chill out DaWg, you dun did good at that tournie mang, dont be hatin on dis playas opinyun cuz of yo bias G.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
That is going to be unbelievably biased and wont be a true reflection. A point system should be set up and then everything from a PU 2011 to now should be included taking into consideration how many tournies people entered and where they placed.

A ranked system based on "popularity" would be terrible.

I disagree... Yes it becomes a popularity contest but the majority of the community will certainly agree within a certain range of course who they feel the best players are...

I believe both systems can work.

Flagg

Noob
I disagree... Yes it becomes a popularity contest but the majority of the community will certainly agree within a certain range of course who they feel the best players are...

I believe both systems can work.
Hmm. It could be a good way to "start" placings, and then use the a point system after. But straight away you will have TomsLulsBrady saying Tyrant is the undisputed overlord of the MK universe. Then you will have people saying "it has to be VSM". Then you will have people saying "what about Curbo and Foxy who destroy all tournie players online" and so forth.

It really has to be a system that is based on over performance and attendance records in the last 12 months. I have no doubt that CD Jr will likely be top, but it should be because of how well he's done, not who likes him the most.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So basically this thread summed up is saying that without NYC at a tournament than said tournament loses its legitimacy. Lol @ Kevo comment that PU had only 2 good player.

Btw I wouldn't be to keen on a TYM ranking system, after seeing some people ignorant ass views on the EGP tournaments than I could see a TYM system being really biased.
No, a TYM ranking would be in fact unbiased. Because the only way to make a legit list is to base it on numbers.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I can't believe this is really an argument. Who fucking cares? Whether it's people who can barely form sentences and shit talking or people who actually are giving good arguments... this is all 100% pointless. We play this game because we like it, not to get ranked on some list that some guy made who makes his own rules however he sees fit. Stop arguing over it. Everything is all fine and dandy until people start treating other people like shit over it. Stop.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Putting that quote in your sig is beyond stupid. You completely ignored what I said to follow up to make me look like I'm so scrub. Thank you.
What are you talking about? I'm stating it to the world that you aren't an excuse maker, just ask anyone!

Flagg

Noob
I can't believe this is really an argument. Who fucking cares? Whether it's people who can barely form sentences and shit talking or people who actually are giving good arguments... this is all 100% pointless. We play this game because we like it, not to get ranked on some list that some guy made who makes his own rules however he sees fit. Stop arguing over it. Everything is all fine and dandy until people start treating other people like shit over it. Stop.
No one's arguing, it's been a debate on what a Point System that rewards all tournie players should be like.

Yeah people like this game, they also like winning at this game and having a Ranking System adds a bit more fun and professionalism to it.

Stop being such a sour puss.

KevoDaMaN

The 6
And all I am saying is, Frosty Faustings was a large regional that had the same arguments that FV has now. It had top players(according to NFG, which is what this argument is about) and it had almost as much if not more than APEX, which if I recall had less than 40. So the bias here is that you're bias to the tournament that had VSM. Should FV get points, probably, but it's not really up to me or you. I'm not serious about FF getting points, I was just bringing up a fact that it has similar valid points and was left off. Actually, FF was never a monthly thing, so it has MORE valid points than FV. I have never looked down on any tourney, I was just making a jest. Hence the ending with a smiley.

So chill out DaWg, you dun did good at that tournie mang, dont be hatin on dis playas opinyun cuz of yo bias G.
You see like ur not listening and i dont know u so this is my last time tryn to get this threw ur damn skull FF Deserve points ok but its like Apex got points or wateva my thing is that how come a tourney with less people as u just stated Apex had less people that u think get points and FV dont thats it FF was a good tourney but u got to under stand East coast Dominates this game end of story VSM naw im not being bias its a fact Top 5 all eat coast the west has hella monsters but its a fact East coast produce the best players AT THE MOMENT And i did good at both of the tournies i was in with no scene no nothing

SO CHILL DAWG STEP UR GAME UP UR WEAK AS HELL NOW IM TALKING SHIT !!!!!!!!