What's new

Video/Tutorial - Commando [UPDATED] Enhanced Commando Kano is officially a grappler #FALLBACKBOYZ #DONTNERFME

Hey I respect all opinions. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about and it's cool because you're a noob. Yeah I just used "noob" for the first time and it feels good because we have to call noobs out when their typing complete nonsense lol. Play the beta, you're probably not that great anyway but you need to level up your Liu kang and Scorpion. If they stay the way they are in beta as of now.. They will always be a problem. Do your research, take a peek at a few other threads regarding their current state. Stop being a mistletoe.
hey illiterate kid, try to understand my post in the context i was replying, not in any way i was saying liukang is shit hes still top but the guy i was replying was speaking like he is the cheapest character out there, as is with ninjutsu, hes good and solid but hes saying scorp got overpowered and full of dirt, both of those characters are good, maybe before flexing your non existent e-peen you should understand and take your time first illiterate kid.

lol just read my last reply and as i thought you were the one that i quoted, as expected

Last edited:

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I love the range fighter vs Commando. I feel accomplisnment when I win. I have another video I'm editing with Kung Jin. Its a tough macth up for Commando far away, so nothing OP about him. He needs to get up close.

Plus I'm still getting my ass handed to me by Jax and Liu Kang players in this beta. You stay stun so long, trying to figure it out.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Not sure if this is enough for people to base their opinion on.. First off, the Kitana vs Kano is a bad MU for Kano yet Kano still wins because whenever he gets in close he seemingly got free damage.. Secondly, Dragon barely seemed to attempt dodging/punishing the command grab, probably due to the high risk of it and the high damage potential but even when he did, he couldn't punish with a NJP..

I don't own the beta so my arguments may be invalidated either way but the way command grabs seem in the beta is that they are riskless mixups (that you can do off a poke), giving this type of tool to a character like Kano (who kinda needs it) is one thing, but Cassie also has command grabs, do people realize what kindof a clusterfuck she'll become? OH or Low/OH into command grabs equal to blocking a mixup correctly+jumping out, but if you jump out you're at risk of eating a Flip Kick next time. This goes against what NRS is trying to do with the new patch, to tone down offense.

I'd understand people want their character (Kano) or type of tools (grappling) to be viable, which is fair, but this sounds easily abusable by competent players. In my opinion, if it stays in the game, whiff recovery should be long enough so it can be punishable by crossover JiPs or an NJP.
Dragon was plus after his NJP out of the tick. He also gets a free cross over. He also could have back dashed and punished :(. Raiden, punishes it with ease. So does Kung jin and Kung lao. Could very well be a match up problem but I think Kitana in general has a slight advantage. Few mistakes attempting to get in and it's game. Very gimmicky actually if more people start realizing how to counter. Just imagine though if Commando wasn't able to get in and stay in, based on reactions.. I mean, he's completely useless if that's the case. Think about it.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
And it's not like this gives Commando ungodly meterless damage. You're getting what, 24% off 112xxDBF4? Oh god the horror
Yeah it's kind of dumb that every other character hit's harder up close in the original build when there's a variation for Kano that's called Commando...Command grab priority should be kept for him.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Goro is ok the way he is, hes not bad, Predator might get toned down a little bit.
The only problem with Predator in my opinion is the recovery on Plasma projectiles. He's able to dish them out and block every Armor attempt to get in. He'll be even more broken at his current state with how the breaker system works now. Imagine he breaks a combo of yours after you've fought your way in only to lose all of your stamina for his breaker and then have to take another 5 plasma shots to the foot or face I mean it's like back to square one lol. It'll be broken. Honestly, only problem I have with him, which is nothing compared to his amazing offense and range.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX

Commando vs Zoners of the world. Feels good using a grappler and beating out zoning. A challenge, but I like challenges! Some pretty good games to show the strength of Commando up close.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Iono I just really like the fact that grapplers might actually be something to fear in this game. For the first time mind you. #grapplermeta
If NRS lets it rock, Commando will get more attention from players. How many reasons are there for anyone playing MKX to play Commando? He's just existing in the original build. It's sad lol.

The only problem with Predator in my opinion is the recovery on Plasma projectiles. He's able to dish them out and block every Armor attempt to get in. He'll be even more broken at his current state with how the breaker system works now. Imagine he breaks a combo of yours after you've fought your way in only to lose all of your stamina for his breaker and then have to take another 5 plasma shots to the foot or face I mean it's like back to square one lol. It'll be broken. Honestly, only problem I have with him, which is nothing compared to his amazing offense and range.
Yes thats what I was thinking, but now that assassin kitana has a better Assassin Strike with good armor after he breaks he will have to respect it. Some other characters are screwed tho.